Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I read all over the internet that Federal, Hornady, etc. are all working overtime producing ammo. Yet none of it ever appears at Graf's, Midway, Natchez, Fleet Farm, etc. Where is it? How is it off the market before it is ever on the market?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.- Albert Einstein
BP-B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
No one can help you. If you don't understand now, you never will.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Demand exceeds production.

Kinda like peeps at Easter time.

After Easter you can get em 50% off at the DG.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So I get hoarding and all that but how are the hoarders getting it? Do you know anyone buying directly from the plants?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had an assortment of shotgun shells at Walmart tonight. Picked up a couple boxes for a bud that is actually shooting some. They also had probably 20 boxes of rifle ammo. First I’d seen there in months.

Girl at academy says they get deliveries 3 days a week with ammo. On those days the line forms at 8. The doors open at 9. Sold from the customer service desk, never put on the shelf. Ammo is gone in the first wave.

The ammo is being sold, but it’s got millions of gun owners seeking it out and it’s gone before you ever knew it existed.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Cheesy got it right.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No proof,

I bet some tech savvy folks made scripts that scour online sellers 24/7.

Buy up stuff within seconds of being in stock.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's really a simple supply and demand ammo. When supplies run low, that's when the scalpers swoop in to make a killing. They will clean vendors out the instant vendors get new stock in, then sell it for an obscene profit to people who can't find any because the scalpers cleaned them out. If consumers would just stop buying, this would resolve itself in short order.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Fear there will be a war... crazy new ammo taxes... another mass murder etc.

Greed that flipping ammo will pay for a new bass boat, fast cars and fast women.

100 million gun owners stampeding to snag every round they can.

Pure math.

Pure human nature.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There are old retired farts with nothing to do standing in every store waiting for something to be put on the shelf so they can scarf it up and resale it toy you at ridiculous prices on gunbroker or at the gun show. Stop buying from these jackholes and there will soon be ammo on the shelves again.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Milwroad
I read all over the internet that Federal, Hornady, etc. are all working overtime producing ammo. Yet none of it ever appears at Graf's, Midway, Natchez, Fleet Farm, etc. Where is it? How is it off the market before it is ever on the market?

It’s filling untold numbers of months old backorders before you and Wally Cleaver ever see it pop onto the online available inventory.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing

flipping ammo will pay for fast women.

Can you expand on this, please? Asking for a friend.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gregintenn
There are old retired farts with nothing to do standing in every store waiting for something to be put on the shelf so they can scarf it up and resale it toy you at ridiculous prices on gunbroker or at the gun show. Stop buying from these jackholes and there will soon be ammo on the shelves again.

You are not wrong, but people NOT buying ammo from flippers... is like a fat secretary NOT eating the last donut.

Ain't gonna happen.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It's really a simple supply and demand ammo. When supplies run low, that's when the scalpers swoop in to make a killing. They will clean vendors out the instant vendors get new stock in, then sell it for an obscene profit to people who can't find any because the scalpers cleaned them out. If consumers would just stop buying, this would resolve itself in short order.

I've also noticed that current store ammo had risen in price also. Example, I was in my local sporting goods store today too pick up a handgun I purchased on The Fire and shipped to them as my FFL. While I was there I noticed they had 243 ammo in stock, Winchester, the price was $72 a box of 20? The guy looked in the computer and showed me their cost was $62. (Pass) Same about a year ago $30 a box.
They did have Winchester Super X 180gr powerpoint in 308 for $30 a box. Had to by a couple boxes of that.
They had a ton of 307 and the guy never heard of 307 before.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Honey Bunny will let you ALMOST get to second base for a movie and Raisinetes...

But riding the bucking pony... requires a movie, Raisinetes, dinner and 20" spinners on mag wheels.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Honey Bunny will let you ALMOST get to second base for a movie and Raisinetes...

But riding the bucking pony... requires a movie, Raisinetes, dinner and 20" spinners on mag wheels.

Gotta flip 200 rounds of 9 for dat.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

It’s filling untold numbers of months old backorders before you and Wally Cleaver ever see it pop onto the online available inventory.

The ammo that showed up to the store yesterday had been ordered for 8 months.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord

The ammo that showed up to the store yesterday had been ordered for 8 months.

lol

I waited about 14 months for a small cache of 300 Savage Superperformance. I should’ve just bought dies and brass. But I sort of forgot about that rifle and that backorder. Then got an email notification one day out of the wild blue

I’ve gotten taxidermy back in less time 😃

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was in a buddies hardware store back in the fall. He said he’d placed a $50k ammo order. ETA was a year. This was October or so.

Was it Vista that said they had a Billion and half dollar backlog of orders a few months ago?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe youre right. Seen that too somewhere.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
277 members (007FJ, 160user, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,967 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,806
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.