Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just would just need it for Federal. No State income tax in Texas.

I’m just a salaried employee plus a couple of minor self-employed gigs where I was paid one flat fee per job. I pay the county property tax too but I forget if that figures on a Federal tax return.

No exemptions exceeding the standard deduction.

Would TurboTax work for me?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
yeth

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have been using it for about 7 years now and it's pretty simple and easy. But then my wife and I are just RN's that work at a hospital for an hourly wage so our taxes are pretty straight forward. It walks you through every step very thoroughly and at any point you can click on a tab for more information about the current step you are on. It also has the option of allowing you to speak with tax experts at any point as well but I have never needed to while doing our taxes. It will ask you every possible pertinate question concerning income and possible deductions. It keeps a running tab and then tells you whether you are better off itemizing or using the standard deduction.

I have never found it to be hard to use. The other good thing is that there is no charge until you reach the point where you actually file your return so if you get half way into it and decide you don't like it then you can just stop and not be out a penny.

Last edited by Willto; 03/05/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use it.

Its been a little fugged up this year with all the virus BS.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We use it and our returns are quite complicated, also help our kids with their returns which are super basic. They serve up questions to help steer you through the morass. We like it.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Takes about 30 min and your are done.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No, too damn ignorant and dont want to go to jail, that's why accounting firms went into business, box my crap up, drop it off with a check.

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I switched to Tax Act a number of years ago. It seemed to me Turbo Tax got rather expensive as you add additional forms. I explored several products several years ago and came to the same tax. They all walk you through the process. It is not a difficult process. Good luck.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yes, have used it for many years. Works great.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

simple income, standard deduction, if no investment/rent income, I'd say basic online, which is free.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I use freefilefillableforms.com. I can’t wrap my head around paying for a service to help me pay taxes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I’m just a salaried employee plus a couple of minor self-employed gigs where I was paid one flat fee per job. I pay the county property tax too but I forget if that figures on a Federal tax return.

Yes.

I'm in a similar situation - salaried employee, a few straight forward investments, only difference is Idaho has a state income tax but that's included with the price for the basic Federal return. I've been using Turbo Tax since 2006 and have been very satisfied with it. Very easy to use and help screens are available for any field that isn't intuitively obvious and even those that are.

Keep the receipt for whatever you pay for it since you can deduct that as a legitimate expense on next year's income taxes.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our tax lawyer uses it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Works for me but similar to some I don't have any income aside from my paycheck so filing for me is easy

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

With a standard deduction, you can likely use the free online version, depending on your income. It's very easy to use. They'll try to sell you an upgraded version but I just ignore it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I do my own taxes.Did them when I owned several LLC`s.Really is not a big deal if you have good reading comprehension and can do simple math.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Yes. Its great.

Tarquin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Us farmers had to file March 1'st, All done! (smile)

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's something wrong with a tax code that forces people to buy software or hire accountants just to figure out what they owe. That's making it way too complicated. I remember Reagan's overhaul of the tax code. It didn't simplify a thing.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Works just fine. A little easier that the federal forms in that it's simple English and using more layman like terms as opposed to accounting lingo. Helps a little to have a calculator handy to the side.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/05/21.

1Minute
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.