Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Anyone hale from Wisconsin? My time spent there was mostly at Camp McCoy.

No shortage of mosquitoes! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Born and raise in WI. Spent my entire life here with the exception of the time I spent in the USAF. And yes, there are mosquito's, but at least we have adopted them as the state bird . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I lived there for 11-12 years. It’s a beautiful state except for the packers. Lots of lakes, can’t beat the Friday night fish fry’s, eager women, and fantastic hunting and fishing.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ya'know, if they built really tall fences around Milwaukee and Madison , it'd be a nice state.

Driving distance to some of the best rifle barrels in the world.

.... like tears in the rain
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I hear they make a bit of beer in Wisconsin.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
I lived there for 11-12 years. It’s a beautiful state except for the packers. Lots of lakes, can’t beat the Friday night fish fry’s, eager women, and fantastic hunting and fishing.

You do remember you were asked to leave...

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It looks like our yellow "Don't Tread On Me" state flag has become pretty popular too. What's not to like? 16,000 lakes, miles of trout streams, great big deer, all kinds of free to the public recreational land, affordable housing, good schools, no hurricanes, earthquakes or tornadoes, low crime rate, available jobs, great work ethic, gun friendly, Packers tzone, great medical, friendly people, good infrastructure, smaller rural atmosphere, clean air, Great Lakes, scenic, low cost of living...

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 338Rem

Only because I can drink more beer then most of them.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Windfall
It looks like our yellow "Don't Tread On Me" state flag has become pretty popular too. What's not to like? 16,000 lakes, miles of trout streams, great big deer, all kinds of free to the public recreational land, affordable housing, good schools, no hurricanes, earthquakes or tornadoes, low crime rate, available jobs, great work ethic, gun friendly, Packers tzone, great medical, friendly people, good infrastructure, smaller rural atmosphere, clean air, Great Lakes, scenic, low cost of living...

The 16,000 lakes is comical. WI counts ponds and wide spots in the rivers as a lake.

But some of them sure are fun.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The Badger State has two more big league teams than Iowa.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When driving the back roads in Wisconsin, I was taken with the similarity to Missouri.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It looks like our yellow "Don't Tread On Me" state flag has become pretty popular too.

?????

????

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
It looks like our yellow "Don't Tread On Me" state flag has become pretty popular too.

?????

????

There’s a decent amount of Gadsden flags flying in Wisconsin.

And every person flying them wears a mask to the grocery store and takes their pistol off to drink a beer or go to the post office.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
Originally Posted by slumlord

?????

????

There’s a decent amount of Gadsden flags flying in Wisconsin.

And every person flying them wears a mask to the grocery store and takes their pistol off to drink a beer or go to the post office.

I’m trying to understand how this blue flag looks like Colonel Gadsden’s yellow flag. Thought I’d shoulder the task of asking the hard questions.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

I lived in northern Wisconsin several years. I agree with all that. But also there are three seasons--July, August, and Winter.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Stay off the main drags heading north on Fridays, f'ing FIBs will mow you down iffen you get in their way.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lived here most of my life.

it's okay - it's NOT the UP tho. Mo bettah

Me

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I live in the central part.... and have just over 5000 acres of public land within 5 miles of my house.... I have never been with out work.. and the cost of living has always been cheap enough to save money after the bills have been paid... land has been priced within reach of the normal guy... I always have enough money at the end of the day to take at least one trip out west to hunt elk or deer, and some years, two trips, one to Ontario and the other out west.

The only down side ? You can't sell out and move away... houses every where else are 2-3 times the cost of houses here...

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 338Rem

Only because I can drink more beer then most of them.

I don't think that was it...

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The Badger State has two more big league teams than Iowa.

Sure about that?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
632 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,957 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.