Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15865457 03/05/21
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone know a for sure way to guarantee I can get one of my turds to fossilize for the future edification of whatever type of being "Mankind" becomes?

Maybe find a highly mineralized spring and plant one in the sediments close enough to get a good dose of silicates and such, but not so close as to get soft and mushy and dissolve?

I'm doing this for the benefit of the Universe, Science and all that after all. I eat well, not a lot of processed food. There could be some important info passed down, as it seems there is so much consumption of junk food future scientists might think that was all this cohort of human life existed on. At least in developed countries.

I've got an abundance of material to work with. Some folks say I'm full of it.

I've left specimens all over the country and in parts of Baja, maybe Canada even. And not just in septic and sewage systems. Camping and hunting has allowed me to inoculate many areas of the country. Mostly in rural/wild areas, but sometimes due to emergency conditions maybe in a more urban setting, say the side of a highway. But my problem is I don't think any will survive for posterity.

Not only for the scientists of the future (Human, ALIEN, or some combination thereof), we have to consider the slumlords and renegades of the future, out in the plowed fields and on the hillsides, looking for artifacts. Can you imagine their surprise and happiness at finding a genuine 21st century petrified turd!

Be like jumping up and down in the field............"I found a turd, a fossilized dookie! Fugg them arrowheads and scrapers, how many of these does ol' Jonesy down the road have in his collection. I'm making a special shadowbox for this one, blue velvet for the background. Take it to the county fair and everything".

I need some help here folks. Anyone with experience in fossilizing stuff that can be transferred to "butthole Baby Ruths"?

The future will expect good results.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lunch box and a gallon of epoxy ought to do it. Bury that sucker and it'll still be in good shape a 1000 years from now.

Toss in a dog turd just to confuse 'em.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A lunch box and a gallon of epoxy ought to do it. Bury that sucker and it'll still be in good shape a 1000 years from now.

Nice line of thought.

Polymer or metal lunchbox?

Old "Thermos" style, or a square one with the "A Team" pictures on it?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
🤦‍♂️

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
🤦‍♂️

I do not know what that little emoji goodie is. It doesn't show up well on my Compac computer screen.

In it is contentment

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I was examining some sotol fibre sandals from the Shumla cave site out on the Pecos that were conserved by the Texas Archaeological Research Labratories out at the Jake Pickle center in North Austin. They brought one out for me in it’s special container and they were holding back giggles of laughter. When I picked it up the exploded in guffaws. This sandal was known as "The Pooh Sandal".

Yes, the prior owner had stepped right in a big steamer!!!

Approximate age. Probably somewhere around 800-1200 y o.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Old man, I can send you one in the morning.

A masterpiece

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I was examining some sotol fibre sandals from the Shumla cave site out on the Pecos that were conserved by the Texas Archaeological Research Labratories out at the Jake Pickle center in North Austin. They brought one out for me in it’s special container and they were holding back giggles of laughter. When I picked it up the exploded in guffaws. This sandal was known as "The Pooh Sandal".

Yes, the prior owner had stepped right in a big steamer!!!

Approximate age. Probably somewhere around 800-1200 y o.

Dude, that is cooler than finding parts of old leather harnesses and handmade nails in an old Spanish ranch house in the backcountry of SoCal.

We never did find the outhouse pit. Never know what you'll find in one of them.

In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Old man, I can send you one in the morning.

A masterpiece

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That would be epic! But, just go bury it somewhere for the slummies of the future to find.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Nice line of thought.

Polymer or metal lunchbox?

Old "Thermos" style, or a square one with the "A Team" pictures on it?

Tin. Personally I would try to source the classic Grizzly Adams lunch box that was shaped like a log cabin.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3734170071...ZleVsv2CkADBQR1FQ30NXFYm7R4aAjHqEALw_wcB

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dayum

They want bank for that Thundercats box

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Don't give them future turd collectors a rosy picture of us by leaving them a bunch of digested carrot sticks. Show em the realistic diet. Pound down about 15 dollars worth of Taco Bell, toss in a few Twinkies, and wash it down with a 2 liter of fake Mountain Dew from Walmart.

You would probably need a five gallon bucket instead of a lunch box though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thundercats........ Hoooo!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by auk1124
Don't give them future turd collectors a rosy picture of us by leaving them a bunch of digested carrot sticks. Show em the realistic diet. Pound down about 15 dollars worth of Taco Bell, toss in a few Twinkies, and wash it down with a 2 liter of fake Mountain Dew from Walmart.

Mountain Lightnin’

hell yeah

67cents to get your tweak on

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by auk1124

Mountain Lightnin’

hell yeah

67cents to get your tweak on

No can do, mostly organical here. Them futurists will have plenty of junk food stools to play with. All the preservative, artificial colors and flavors. It's a wonder the sewage treatment plants of America can even deal with that stuff.

In it is contentment

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anyone know a for sure way to guarantee I can get one of my turds to fossilize for the future edification of whatever type of being "Mankind" becomes?

Maybe find a highly mineralized spring and plant one in the sediments close enough to get a good dose of silicates and such, but not so close as to get soft and mushy and dissolve?

I'm doing this for the benefit of the Universe, Science and all that after all. I eat well, not a lot of processed food. There could be some important info passed down, as it seems there is so much consumption of junk food future scientists might think that was all this cohort of human life existed on. At least in developed countries.

I've got an abundance of material to work with. Some folks say I'm full of it.

I've left specimens all over the country and in parts of Baja, maybe Canada even. And not just in septic and sewage systems. Camping and hunting has allowed me to inoculate many areas of the country. Mostly in rural/wild areas, but sometimes due to emergency conditions maybe in a more urban setting, say the side of a highway. But my problem is I don't think any will survive for posterity.

Not only for the scientists of the future (Human, ALIEN, or some combination thereof), we have to consider the slumlords and renegades of the future, out in the plowed fields and on the hillsides, looking for artifacts. Can you imagine their surprise and happiness at finding a genuine 21st century petrified turd!

Be like jumping up and down in the field............"I found a turd, a fossilized dookie! Fugg them arrowheads and scrapers, how many of these does ol' Jonesy down the road have in his collection. I'm making a special shadowbox for this one, blue velvet for the background. Take it to the county fair and everything".

I need some help here folks. Anyone with experience in fossilizing stuff that can be transferred to "butthole Baby Ruths"?

The future will expect good results.

If you have plenty to work with...
Why not try something more significant?
Perhaps packing Pelosi in it would work?
She is practically a fossil already...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TFF!!! grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You can't plan out a coprolite.

Sh*t just happens.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
🤦‍♂️

I do not know what that little emoji goodie is. It doesn't show up well on my Compac computer screen.

It’s a face palm emoticon.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

V2.0 of this.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 3,140 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.