Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Been working with a couple of vendors to get a metal building or two put on our property in West Virginia.

Steel prices are supposed to have a dramatic increase here shortly so I am going to try to get under contract for two of these buildings now and have them installed this summer after I can prep out the building pads.

I will post up the final quote and contract after I lock in.

I am looking at 30' x 40' and 30' x 50' buildings with one 12' x 12' roll up door as well as one man door. I'm having the buildings extra certified with tighter than normal structure because of snow loading on the roof potential.

The absolute sharp pencil quote that I have now for two buildings is around $29,000.

If each building is 1500 square feet that makes my cost less than $10 per square foot.

If a sheet of OSB is 32 square feet and cost $32 that is $1 per square foot in the raw for just OSB at Home Depot. $10 a square foot for a built building is incredibly cheap.

Like I said, once I have worked out all of the bugs and have a final quote and contract I will post up that information if anyone else is interested. Absolutely nothing in it for me other than to help other folks.

I am only posting this preliminary information for folks to think about. Again, once I work out the bugs if anyone is interested I'm happy to share the information.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is this just for the materials or is delivery included in that price?
I got some good quotes on buildings but when I looked into delivery to a remote area my jaw dropped.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I am interested in what you come up with.

I just need some classic rib metal roofing, 26-29 gauge.

Hope it doesnt jump too dramatically.

I know girders, beams and structural has gone crazy in the last 10 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dont forget the $150 per cu/yd for cement....

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
I got some good quotes on buildings but when I looked into delivery to a remote area my jaw dropped.

Turn-Key installed.

I will advise after I lock in. Currently trying to make sure I can get the pads prepared by June... then 10% deposit on the contract for the two buildings. Balance paid after install and punch list (if any) complete.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Turn-Key installed.

I will advise after I lock in. Currently trying to make sure I can get the pads prepared by June... then 10% deposit on the contract for the two buildings. Balance paid after install and punch list (if any) complete.

For both delivered and built? That seem crazy cheap compared to the quotes I've been getting.
I got a quote for a 30' x 50' with two double insulated garage doors, one double entry door, one single entry door and six double pane windows delivered for 26k. Not assembled!
I realize I have a lot more options but damn.
Can I ask who you are buying from?

Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The absolute sharp pencil quote that I have now for two buildings is around $29,000.

If each building is 1500 square feet that makes my cost less than $10 per square foot..

$29,000 / 1500 sq ft = $19.33 per square foot.

Yes, you are definitely in West Virginia.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
What is the height of the walls?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

If each building is 1500 square feet that makes my cost less than $10 per square foot..

I believe I used the term EACH.

Not trying to be rude here, but if two buildings are 1500 square feet each that is a total of 3000 square feet at a price of $29,000 makes them a little bit less than $10 a square foot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It's 1500 + 1200 sq ft = 2700 sq ft
$29,000/2700= $10.74 sq ft
Where did you go to school?

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
What is the height of the walls?

12'

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

It's 1500 + 1200 sq ft = 2700 sq ft
$29,000/2700= $10.74 sq ft
Where did you go to school?

Ummm, RINO U?

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Built my 50x30 in 2014.....

Used Allied Steel......24 gauge sheeting

IIRC...complete pkg with R19 batting was $17K shipped

About the same for concrete...don't forget the 24" stem wall

one man door.....I supplied windows & OH doors

Money well spent....NG radiant tube heat keeps 'er at 67* all winter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Oldman3

Cement is sold in 94# bags. Concrete on the other hand . . .

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by Oldman3

Cement is sold in 94# bags. Concrete on the other hand . . .

Thank you...you beat me to it. Some people just don’t understand that they are two entirely different animals.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Yes on #94 pounds... BUT WHY IS IT #94?

I know everybody wants to be Jimmy Olsen and say why but hold off and let's see if we can have some commentary on here as to why people THINK 94 lb is not an unusual weight.

In other words, gentlemen if you know the answer please don't just blurt it out. I used to win a lot of bar bets on this one.

Metric?

Union weight limit for a tenderer?

Perfect amount for the mortar mixer to hold?

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/28/21. Reason: Damn phone typos

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
I am interested in what you come up with.

I just need some classic rib metal roofing, 26-29 gauge.

Hope it doesnt jump too dramatically.

I know girders, beams and structural has gone crazy in the last 10 years.

Your metal roofing goes for $.80/ sq.ft. here. 26 ga. painted.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Been planning this for a while. I want something very similar and the plan was to finish the inside nicely and live in it. Land plus building I wanted to be around 100k total.

Can just about do it with your concept there. So, yes, i would love to see your info.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Been planning this for a while. I want something very similar and the plan was to finish the inside nicely and live in it. Land plus building I wanted to be around 100k total.

Can just about do it with your concept there. So, yes, i would love to see your info.

Stay tuned please sir. I'm about to finalize my two buildings and I have asked them to print up a generic estimate.

I will post that estimate here shortly.

There was a small error in the original estimate and the square footage price has gone up. This was not a deliberate misdirect by me. I do not do things like that. When I post up the generic estimate it will have the non-negotiated non-discounted price. Obviously getting two buildings delivered and installed at the same time affords a considerable discount.

Also related, I have gone for the strongest possible Construction you can buy for a metal building. I have upgraded the wall tubing to 12-gauge and I have specified 4 foot on Center framing vs 5 foot on Center framing which is a standard. I have always been a believer that Overkill should never be underrated.

The only reason I am yakking about any of this is because I anticipate steel prices to go up on February 1st.

If you are not interested are you feeling I have slighted you with a bait-and-switch on the square footage price I will apologize upfront and you do not need to consider further. I'm only trying to help folks. Stay tuned more to follow.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You're right about steel prices going up. I work commercial construction. In the last 2 weeks we've seen an increase of $150/ton for structural steel (red iron) and $200/ton for reinforcing steel. One of our fire sprinkler subcontractors recently repriced a job and it went up almost 20% overnight. Mills are forecasting a minimum of 2 more increases before summer.

He went over yonder way
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
633 members (12344mag, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,972 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.