Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’ve have exceptional results with the Aguila Super Extra 40 gr.

NRA Benefactor member
GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I've had good luck with Federal 510.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dr_Lou
I’ve have exceptional results with the Aguila Super Extra 40 gr.

I've been shooting that stuff since the last "shortage", and find it every bit as reliable as any CCI product, and a bit less money. I keep about 4 cases on hand all the time now. I only have trouble with it in one handgun, but all my rifles love the stuff, My Smith 617 sometimes has misfires with it, probably due to the short firing pin (it's a common problem on some of the Smiths).

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Aguila is good ammo, but the only problem I have encountered is some feeding issues with narrow straight line single stack mags, specifically my Ruger Mark IV and a S&W Victory. I did a quick check of dimensions and couldn't find anything obvious. Wouldn't be a deal killer for me.

BTW, if anybody cares, it's pronounced AH gee la, Spanish for eagle.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Aguila SE and Federal Automatch has been my plinking ammo of choice. The Aguila is Eley primed and has a distinct smell but it shoots more accurately than about anything else under $50/brick (normal not-gouged price) and functions in all my autos. Haven’t seen Automatch in a long while though, hope that changes because I like the bulk packaging.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunzo
My abilities aren't good enough to tell accuracy differences CCI SV & Green Tag, but my wallet knows the price diff. No more GT for me.

For sleeper ammo that sometimes gets overlooked because of the brand, this stuff is usually VG.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Good enough for gnats and fleas....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
My abilities aren't good enough to tell accuracy differences CCI SV & Green Tag, but my wallet knows the price diff. No more GT for me.

For sleeper ammo that sometimes gets overlooked because of the brand, this stuff is usually VG.

Alas, Dan, Wolf Match Target of yore is not the same as offered nowadays. Wolf was previously made by Lapua (as is SK), but a couple of years ago, Wolf went to Eley for their contracts. So, the new Wolf MT or ME is made by Eley now, and is no longer the wonderful load it used to be. In individual rifles, it might be better (or might not!).

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Last year I donated 2 bricks of Remington Thunderbolts to the Local Boy Scout council for camp use. I heard later they scalped them and didn't let the kids shoot. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Last year I donated 2 bricks of Remington Thunderbolts to the Local Boy Scout council for camp use. I heard later they scalped them and didn't let the kids shoot. Mb

Well, wasn't that just white of them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Well, wasn't that just white of them.

Smart indians, knew that chidt didn't fly straight and was mostly duds anyway... I thought we were talking about "good shooting 22lr" anyway, not garbage 22lr?...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mgw619
Thanks for the responses. I guess it's all a mute point at this time with nothing being available unless someone would like to sell me some of their suggestions. Seems like CCI SV has received the most praise on here

Don’t give up, get pro-active. I signed up for in-stock notification on Eley Club and it came through in a pretty short time. Gotta be lightning-fast when the email drops, though.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Thanks for the responses. I guess it's all a mute point at this time with nothing being available unless someone would like to sell me some of their suggestions. Seems like CCI SV has received the most praise on here

Don’t give up, get pro-active. I signed up for in-stock notification on Eley Club and it came through in a pretty short time. Gotta be lightning-fast when the email drops, though.

Boy, you're not kidding about that.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That would piss me off beyond belief.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What are you shooting?

All around best across the various .22s I've owned has been the CCI mini-mag HP load ... HP, not the solid. Not always first place but always in the top 3 finishers which makes it a good thing to keep stocked up on. Other frequently good choices are WW power point HVHP, federal bulk HVHP, and CCI stingers.

Don't forget to try a couple subsonic loads. Sometimes they are crazy accurate. (Other times they suck badly.)

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

That is exceptional ES

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
To some degree it depends on the ammo-rifle pairing. But the better stuff I've had tends to shoot good or sometimes great in everything. Since the OP mentioned CZ 455 --I have a CZ 455 VPT that always seems to do good with lapua and lapua-like brands. Back when the wolf MT and ME was made by lapua, I went through alot of it that wish I had saved some. Also SK+ and SK rifle match were very good. The eley products did not do as well for my CZ. Even some tenex I had did not seem quite as good as the Wolf ME. Course all of this can be different for every rifle.

Last edited by exergy; 03/08/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Boy, you're not kidding about that.

Yup. It was maybe two minutes from the time the notice popped on my iPad to checkout. Went right back to the link, and it was OOS! The other stuff I’ve scored using notifications has been less desirable than .22 LR, apparently.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a box of GT some years ago, and it’s never done anything special in my regular sporters. Tried it in my 457 MTR and it looks promising, but not especially for the price. Matters not right now, of course.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang! I am disappointed to hear that Wolf Match Target isn't by Lapua any more! My CZ 452 american loved that stuff! It didn't do as well with the Eley stuff.

CCI mini-mag hp was always a runner up for accuracy considering it wasn't match grade. The old winchester power points were also pretty good.

22lr ammo is getting as expensive as centerfire ammo used to be!

M
Mgw619 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Cabelas had some cci instock today. It was the cci AR stuff. This similar to the Cci sv?

You'll shoot your eye out
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

408 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,227
Posts18,447,707
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.