Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Anyone been to the shows at Branson?

An old classmate moved to Branson, Janet Dailey.

Not to that show. Actually done excavation work for a few different projects in Branson and nearby Branson West and on the lake some of the resorts.
If you've never been to Branson one would probably enjoy some up I've been around it too much I avoid it nowadays

Last edited by ldholton; 03/05/21.
BP-B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ive been to a few shows down at Branson, work related. Some of them are pretty good.
The Landing at Branson is a pretty cool place to stay a day or 2.

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The only show that I've been to is the Shepherd of the Hills as a kid with my parents. As I recall it was pretty exciting when the Bald Knobbers came riding in with their torches, masks and guns.

There's some big trout in the lake. There was a monster brown caught there 2-3 years ago... 40lb 6oz, new state record. They found one floating that was in too bad of condition to get a true weight from but based on measurements MDC biologists estimated it would have been 44 lbs,a new world record.

A couple we knew had Box Car Willie for a next door neighbor there in Branson.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Most of my life. Raised in central MO, but now living just south of KC.

He went over yonder way
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was born on the east side of the state, and now live on the west side. I like the west side better. Where the woods meet the prairie.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Baldknobbers and the Presley's or amongst the oldest shows there. Dixie Stampede, they may have changed the name now with all the other political crap going on, it's truly a one-of-a-kind show. Hidden gems to me Ralph Foster Museum at College of the Ozarks. The NRA gun Museum in the back Pro national headquarters in Springfield is a good thing to see if you traveled very far to the area.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a sister living in Branson that helped plan and design that Landing area including the fountains. She worked for the city at the time and was instrumental in revitalization of the downtown area. She now is the director for the State of Missouri’s Main Street Connection and helps plan and revitalize downtown areas of small towns all over the state.
Me, I’m getting ready to build a new log home in Northeastern Missouri.
Been home for so long, it’s kinda tough to move anywhere else.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm an Ozarker...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I live 10 miles north of the border in Iowa, but half my practice area is in Missouri.

I grew up in family farm just south of the state line in MO. College NWMSU at Maryville, Vet school in Columbia.

Still have family farm in MO.

"Just a Missouri farm boy"

Last edited by cowdoc; 03/05/21.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've thought about the midwest someday. The hunting and fishing in Colorado has been circling the drain for quite awhile. Plus it looks like property and housing way cheaper in MO and AR. I was born in Missouri, but left in like 1975?

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by cowdoc
I live 10 miles north of the border in Iowa, but half my practice area is in Missouri.

I grew up in family farm just south of the state line in MO. College NWMSU at Maryville, Vet school in Columbia.

Doctor Dan, do you have to be licensed in both states?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watch out for Red Legs.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That’s a good question!

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My two adult sons relocated to Missouri, one about 15 years ago, the other more recently. With them and 5 grandkids out there I get out a couple of times a year....try to time it so I can kill a deer or something.

I love it out there, and it was on the short list when the wife and I decided to relocate. We ended up in SC with no regrets. SC has been very good to us.

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Originally Posted by cowdoc

Doctor Dan, do you have to be licensed in both states?

Yes.

And both states want tax money from me too!

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I live just south of Missouri. I like southern MO that I have been in. People are nice mostly conservative. Most of it is woods. Nice streams. Good roads.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
337 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 35 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.