Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by greydog
As I sit here, with bacon sizzling on the stove, I look out my dining room window and I a wood shed with a bunch of antlers on the roof, a stack of tires, an old wheelbarrow, and a 1986 Dodge pickup on blocks. Out the living room window I can see five more trucks, three cars and a tractor. The dog is sleeping on the table on the deck. It occurs to me; I may be a redneck. GD

No appliances ??

Shame.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As I sit here, with bacon sizzling on the stove, I look out my dining room window and I a wood shed with a bunch of antlers on the roof, a stack of tires, an old wheelbarrow, and a 1986 Dodge pickup on blocks. Out the living room window I can see five more trucks, three cars and a tractor. The dog is sleeping on the table on the deck. It occurs to me; I may be a redneck. GD

Greydog, that's all well and good, but if you do not have an old, dilapidated wringer washing machine standing out on the front porch, along with a couple of black-'n-tan coon hounds asleep near your porch rocking chair ... well, you're just not a real redneck. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I prefer to be called a hick, thank you. Kinda red neck light if you will.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
A true redneck would make things from the antler, plant the wheel barrow full of weeds, fix and drive the pickup, and kick the dog under the porch!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i have a pile of old appliances out back that are shot full of holes. but i drive a subaru so...

kind of like yuppy in the front, redneck in the back.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
ya no offense meant, but i think the folks in west-bygod-va take the redneckin' thing to a whole new level. the appalachias in general. i would probably be considered citified down there.

My wife's boss went to Lehigh University, down East.

He told how all the kids from there and Jersey called him
a hick. When a few came home with him on weekends, (in town Bedford)
They really busted his chops.

Here's the good part.

He had to explain that in school he was always kinda looked down
on as one of "The City Kids".

Local Dirt,
at least you are in the right place to be called a Cracker.

Recently it's become fashionable in Cumberland MD for
a certain group, pushing a certain agenda, to use that when
trying to cause issues with...another group.

Dumbasses don't even know what a Cracker is.
But I know what they are.
And it ain't REDneck.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i have a pile of old appliances out back that are shot full of holes. but i drive a subaru so...

You're lacking in creativity. Shoot the Subaru.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I'm not a redneck. I'm white trash who went to college. Anyone who calls me a redneck to my face gets corrected.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

You're lacking in creativity. Shoot the Subaru.

i had one with a bad knock that i used as a stump buggy but then somebody offered me $600 for it so i let it go. this one is too nice to shoot up just yet.

My diploma is a DD214
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Greydog, that's all well and good, but if you do not have an old, dilapidated wringer washing machine standing out on the front porch, along with a couple of black-'n-tan coon hounds asleep near your porch rocking chair ... well, you're just not a real redneck. grin

L.W.

Does a hot water tank count? GD

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by KC

I'm a wannabe redneck. I've always lived in the city. But I always wanted to be a redneck. Spent lots of time in the woods and some time working on ranches and farms. I probably couldn't hack it as a real redneck. I don't listen to mainstream country music but I loves me some bluegrass.

KC , you're a western redneck - seriously - you're a redneck

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Grew up on a farm. Hauled pig shiit, and picked up rocks. Castrated/vaccinated hogs, bailed hay, for DAD. Have coon hunted, trapped, hunted big game and small game all around the country. Have lived in small town/rural America, all my life. Spent 46 yrs. selling seed to farmers, in the mid west.

Yep, I'm an Indiana Redneck, and damned proud of it!! grin

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
The reason I started this thread..... I replied to meme on another site "redneck engineering at its finest" , and the word redneck was bleeped.

Rednecks don't care if they're called rednecks.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.