Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't make it complicated.

GB1

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like a steak on the barbecue, with a baked potato, not seeds and oil and some shyte.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Schmaltz

Oy vey.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Cold pressed, no additives is the way...even then, some, like Soya, are not the best.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Canola makes shallow hard pan cracking easy. So other crops can benifit with deep root growth! Boy that came from way back in ag class, its a wonder I recalled such a tidbit of information!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There could be a little overlooked portion of this being that damn near every plant cut for profit is a gmo project of Monsanto. So while humans may have been eating seed oils forever, seed oils ain't what they used to be.

I had my blood panel done during a hard keto run. I'd eat a solid cup of bacon fat daily and often more. My cholesterol numbers were incredibly low.

I haven't bought a piece of beef since 1993, my red meat consists of elk and deer exclusively.....and the numbers don't make me want to change.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I prefer bacon drippins’ and pure lard!

I fry chicken thighs with the skin on mostly to get the rendered fat. 8 big thighs render a lot of fat. Stuff is awesome.

Oh I do like me some fried chicken thighs!!!!! With the skin on!!!

Ohhh, yeah !
Locally, a 10 lbs bag of legs and thighs for.29 cents/lb.=2.90$/bag.

A Jew’s wet dream come true.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well it's simple, if you believe that seed oils are bad DON'T use them🤷‍♂️

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't eat American Bison meat either.

It will cause you to lose your homelands.

And extra virgin olive oil is good for you as it's not a seed oil......................it's basically fruit juice.

and it comes from extra virgins, not the regular kind.

Extra always mo betta.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by high_country_
There could be a little overlooked portion of this being that damn near every plant cut for profit is a gmo project of Monsanto. So while humans may have been eating seed oils forever, seed oils ain't what they used to be.

I had my blood panel done during a hard keto run. I'd eat a solid cup of bacon fat daily and often more. My cholesterol numbers were incredibly low.

I haven't bought a piece of beef since 1993, my red meat consists of elk and deer exclusively.....and the numbers don't make me want to change.

Yeah, it's 2021 and most people still think that eating fat=high serum cholesterol. They never consider cutting out the flour, bread, potatoes and rice and looking at the effect on their serum lipids.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hard data exists, that shows over 80% of people involved in fatal automobile accidents had consumed eggs in some form within a six month period prior to the accident. I'm going to put consumption of eggs right up there with the dreaded seed oils.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Couple of vids on the poison we're eating too much of. Apparently heart disease and cancer were rare till seed oils came along....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGnfXXIKZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Could it be that accurate testing and medical records were also rare?

Are you a graduate of the slappy hampster school of medicine, theology, and martial arts?

LOL

mike r

So you didn't watch the videos either? I'm just the messenger. If you don't like it, take it up with the docs and researchers who reached the conclusion that seed oils are bad for you.

Are these the same researchers that said eggs and butter were bad a few years ago and are now OK?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I wonder if eating flaxseed is included in this? Not the refined oil, just eating the seeds themselves.

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BRISTECD

Originally Posted by lvmiker
Couple of vids on the poison we're eating too much of. Apparently heart disease and cancer were rare till seed oils came along....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGnfXXIKZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Could it be that accurate testing and medical records were also rare?

Are you a graduate of the slappy hampster school of medicine, theology, and martial arts?

LOL

mike r

So you didn't watch the videos either? I'm just the messenger. If you don't like it, take it up with the docs and researchers who reached the conclusion that seed oils are bad for you.

Are these the same researchers that said eggs and butter were bad a few years ago and are now OK?

No. That would be the gubmint---and they still want you to eat vegetable (seed) oil.

Tarquin
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I wonder if eating flaxseed is included in this? Not the refined oil, just eating the seeds themselves.

No. "Seed oil" is a bit to a term of art and refers to oils reduced to consumable form by highly industrialized food processing and specifically: Cottonseed Oil, Canola (also called “Rapeseed”), Corn, Cottonseed, Soy, Sunflower, Safflower, Grapeseed, Rice bran. ALSO TOXIC: Refined Palm oil. These are the main ones.

Tarquin
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
We’re the y lying before or now when they convinced everybody that canola oil was good and Chris o was bad. Inquiring minds want to know. Edk

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ever see a press?

Man o man. You wanna talk about complex and evil!

The little seeds must be in terrible pain when the oil gets squeezed out.

The Space Program aint got nothing on a oil press.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by OldHat
Seed oils? Wtf. Common sense will tell you people have been eating seed oils for thousands of years.

laugh Ok, Doc.

If common sense is not enough to persuade you, I have several Indian "Nutting Stone" that was made to grind pecans, maize, chestnuts, hickory nuts and acorns for their oils and to have the paste dried into flour. These are thousands of years old.

Yes, the technology has been around for eons...

Last edited by Sasha_and_Abby; 03/07/21.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by OldHat
Seed oils? Wtf. Common sense will tell you people have been eating seed oils for thousands of years.

Okay then.

Tell me how they got oil from corn, soybeans, cottonseed, and rapeseed thousands of years ago?

Simple answer is that they didn't. That takes industrial processing and has only been in existence for 100 years or so.

Up until then fat was obtained from an animal or pressing something like olives.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve also read that the average life expectancy for those nutting stone using Indians was like 35. They probably didn’t have time to get the heart disease.

I don’t use any oil for cooking besides green box lard or bacon grease, at least most of the time. The main reason being I like the taste.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 673, 14 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,188
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.