-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
High air is a good choice. They also work with Talon air. Of they can't get you out for whatever reason, talon will try and vice versa. Atleast that's the way it used to be.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
With zero bear experience I glassed up 7 from one road off the 'Arm during the berry season. Finding them was easy. Getting to them? Another story smile

The "Arm" is near the top of locations for fatal bear mauling's. Massive amount of bears, but so "Hellish" horrific country to hunt.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, I like a challenge!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Esox357

YEP.......Fun and giggles till the chewing starts. Then you are compelled to accept that you can't stop having chunks of meat progressively ripped from your body. Something I and my neighbor know quite vividly.

Last edited by AGL4now; 03/07/21.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Esox357:

Any idea on cost for a trip out for approximately an hour?

Can't give one a current quote, but they typically respond to e-mails. I believe they have an hourly rate, and it does not matter how many folks one tosses in. I think the Beavers can pack about 6 aboard, so if one splits costs, it gets less expensive individually.

Good luck,

1Minute
IC B2

Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks 1minute.

Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AGL4now

YEP.......Fun and giggles till the chewing starts. Then you are compelled to accept that you can't stop having chunks of meat progressively ripped from your body. Something I and my neighbor know quite vividly.

Sounds like that area needs hunting!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AGL4now

Sounds like that area needs hunting!

TRUE.......but as stated, this "Turnagain Arm" area is damn hard country to hunt. Steep and hard to penetrate. If you get something down, you soon wish you had not suffered the hell to get up to it, and are bewildered as to how to retrieve the harvest.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Where are you coming from and what is your brown bear experience?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
0 brown bear experience.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Buddy told me 30 years ago at first you are scared of the bears after 4 plus hours of Alder hell you just want them to kill you and get it over with! Later on, you will discover
the importance of picking a path and sticking with it, if your smart or not.

Last edited by kk alaska; 03/08/21.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It’s easy to go up a mountain, your path is viewable. Coming down is another matter. All you can see is air. Paths are indistinguishable and, after the third or fourth trip down and back up to start again, you will wish you had brought surveyors tape. Plant it high (and line of sight) as the little bastards like to chew on it and pull it down...
Combine with a gps and one is well served.

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yea several years back we went after a late Fall Brown bear broke ice barefoot to keep boots dry, pushing with toes in very steep stuff, the bear got away and I'm glad, it's a young man's idea of fun!

Was neat when I was glassing looking at probables and my son said asked if I wanted to see one that was walking! A good day spent with my wife and son!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Black bear are common a buddy ALWAYS gets HIS! S Lucy Kenai lake and hike you’ll get one. In spring NOW, a bit early but April and brains you’ll do well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 8mmRem
Black bear are common a buddy ALWAYS gets HIS! S Lucy Kenai lake and hike you’ll get one. In spring NOW, a bit early but April and brains you’ll do well.

But what about September when the op will actually be here?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,900 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.