-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To me, it gets no better in a factory rifle.

Dead antelope on other side of valley.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sweet!

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Cachet

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
If you go by what's popular then you're stuck with McDonald's food and gas station coffee. Lol

Wait, you don't love gas station coffee? Please, for the love of God, don't tell me you turn your nose up at gas station roller grill hot dogs.
I've had a lot of gas station/convenience store coffee that was actually not bad at all. Same with the hot dogs. As to a .257 Roberts, I've never shot one but I sure bet I'd be happy with one if it were stainless and synthetic.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice read.. You folks have a far higher opinion of the Roberts than I do..

Molon Labe
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I dont have an opinion of the 257 Roberts other than the 270win can shoot bullets that arent much heavier as can the 6.5 creed and they are much easier to find factory ammo and components. In that way they 257 is quite inferior but thats an facet and not a knock on the actual use afield.

One thing that is nice about the 257 is some of you folks have some beautiful stocked rifles in the cal. Very nice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Nice read.. You folks have a far higher opinion of the Roberts than I do..

Yes, but remember that this opinion is founded in some considerable experience as well as a fondness for nostalgia. It's been around a long time and can stand up to the 6 MM rounds with full adequacy. it's every bit as good as the comments in this thread say it is.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
If you go by what's popular then you're stuck with McDonald's food and gas station coffee. Lol

Wait, you don't love gas station coffee? Please, for the love of God, don't tell me you turn your nose up at gas station roller grill hot dogs.
I've had a lot of gas station/convenience store coffee that was actually not bad at all. Same with the hot dogs. As to a .257 Roberts, I've never shot one but I sure bet I'd be happy with one if it were stainless and synthetic.

No no no. A stainless rifle in the grand old Roberts? The .257 Bob deserves a nice blued walnut rifle with a fixed power scope like a gloss 6x36.

Save the stainless for the Creedmoor. smile

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by Elvis

No no no. A stainless rifle in the grand old Roberts? The .257 Bob deserves a nice blued walnut rifle with a fixed power scope like a gloss 6x36.

Save the stainless for the Creedmoor. smile

Very fond of my Kimber Montana.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'd add a stainless synthetic Featherweight to my collection if Winchester were to make one.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
To me, it gets no better in a factory rifle.

Dead antelope on other side of valley.

That is a beaut!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Think of it this way: which would you rather have, A) a pretty girl next door type with a button nose and freckles who'll make your life a joy, or B) a slinky fashion model who'll likely break your heart in the end? If the answer is A then the .257 Roberts is for you. If B is your choice get a Creedmoor or Weatherby of some sort. grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Think of it this way: which would you rather have, A) a pretty girl next door type with a button nose and freckles who'll make your life a joy, or B) a slinky fashion model who'll likely break your heart in the end? If the answer is A then the .257 Roberts is for you. If B is your choice get a Creedmoor or Weatherby of some sort. grin

If you choose option B you will soon be divorced and have to sell the creedmore to pay the attorney and will end up with the 257 in the end. Thats how it worked for me anyway.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My Roberts built on a 1909 Argentine Mauser action. I found some 100gr RN bullets rummaging around looking looking for something else. I bet the deer are going to hate them, [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]star-kens-rage-2-2]kenshiro wallpaper[/url] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dang, GSP! That is one gorgeous rifle.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Dang, GSP! That is one gorgeous rifle.

A "WOW"......rifle for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GSP, are you actually going to subject that beautiful rifle to the brush and elements chasing whitetails?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Huntin’ the brush doesn’t mean the gun will get scarfed up.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you talking kinder, gentler brush?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by GSPfan
My Roberts built on a 1909 Argentine Mauser action. I found some 100gr RN bullets rummaging around looking looking for something else. I bet the deer are going to hate them, [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]star-kens-rage-2-2]kenshiro wallpaper[/url] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Gorgeous! Be nice to see pictures of the rest of the rifle.
GreggH

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,735
Posts18,457,589
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.