Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
When do you all think we'll see a change for the better as far as the general availability of ammunition and reloading components?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Too early to tell.

Primers? Maybe 4 years?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Never.

2A attacks coming. That’ll keep the buying going. If they pass tax/registration purchases of accessories will be given to .gov to make sure you comply.

New normal.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About 6 months or so. I hear stuff is starting to slowly appear on the shelves again.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
About 6 months or so. I hear stuff is starting to slowly appear on the shelves again.

Geeze? Even primers?

As I understand it...primers are only sold when they are surplus to demand.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
When people stop hoarding.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I don’t know when or if it will end.
Was in Scheels in Eden Prairie Mn a week ago. They had I suppose 5000 or more CCI small pistol primers. They were taken out of their sleeves and being sold $4/100. Was agin in that store several days later. Saw a guy buy what was left of them, I suppose 500.
Was surprised that they had any and $4 was a decent price in these times.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Midway has bullets at a reasonable price. Not everything a fellow might want, but a pretty good selection. Lot better than it was 2 weeks ago.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Don't have a better handle on it than the forum experts but do know what I'm seeing. 3 days ago some CCI large pistol magnums 350's showed up at fleet & farm . Don't know how many there were but 7 100 ct boxes on the behind the counter shelf when I got there. They had a 3 box limit $4.79 a box, I don't need them but bought them anyway for my neighbor who does need cci-300 for his 45 app's. On the same shipment they received WW 223 match ammo, 224 valkyries 2 bullet weights ,270 wsm, 300 sav.,2 different loads of 7mm mag federals and about 8 cases of Remington 30-06 in 150 & 165 gr weights.
For around here in the last 3 months that's a lot showing up at one time. 2 box limit on ammo the 06 was gone in 5 hrs. The local Scheels has been getting stuff everyday and most is gone on the same day. Asspro doesn 't ge sh*t except more made in china [bleep] rag clothes for the " outdoors person". Cheap chink made sporting goods, they have shot shells but their cfr and rf ammo is absent less you need a 330 dollar box of 470 nitro. It simply appears to me that the chain stores with the best contracts and distribution systems have more on a regular basis but their shelves items don't last long. Yesterday I scored a brick of BR-4's for 65 bucks at Scheels that's only about $10 max higher than they normally are now I can make 222 loads. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 03/07/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last go around Magnum primers were the first ones back on the shelf then too.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon

What’s your definition of hoarding? Seems to be a lot of variation. Some seem to believe that if you have any on hand beyond your immediate needs, you’re hoarding. Personally, I think having to make a run to your LGS every time you want to load up some ammo is a big waste of time and gas, hence stupid. Same goes for ammunition. Long before any of the shortages, and before I did much loading, It was always my practice to acquire enough ammo of the same lot to last a while, so I wouldn’t have to re-zero my rifles every year, just check them.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by shaman
When do you all think we'll see a change for the better as far as the general availability of ammunition and reloading components?

Signs that it's easing up are random aberrations that mean nothing. A few lucky procurements are the exception not the rule and they will thin out as time goes by. In the long term you'll never see it like it was in recent decades and the trajectory of our politics will ensure this bleak forecast,

I'm involved in ammo manufacturing many million rounds per year and we obtain our components from OEM sources and I'll tell you that it's a perfect storm for ammo shortages for a long time to come.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

People seem to forget there were over 21M new guns sold in 2020 and nearly 5M were new gun owners.

Add to that shooters that already owned guns but didn't keep a supply on hand (see 24hourcampfire whiners).

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348

What’s your definition of hoarding? Seems to be a lot of variation. Some seem to believe that if you have any on hand beyond your immediate needs, you’re hoarding. Personally, I think having to make a run to your LGS every time you want to load up some ammo is a big waste of time and gas, hence stupid. Same goes for ammunition. Long before any of the shortages, and before I did much loading, It was always my practice to acquire enough ammo of the same lot to last a while, so I wouldn’t have to re-zero my rifles every year, just check them.

Geez, Pappy. Stop making sense.

smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by shaman

When there's either enough supply to negate secondary market demand, or, the retailers decide the quash the margins out of the secondary market themselves. The drought could be over in ~60 days if retailers decided to charge "gunbroker" prices.

2 boxes of factory loaded Hornady 6.5 Creed 143 ELD-X ammo on Gunbroker for "buy it now" of $75 right now. If retailers were to get in a case of 10 boxes, put that on the shelf for say $100/box, they'd sell a couple and sit on a bunch. Figure 60-90 days and the shelves might not be "full" but they'd take a big bite outta the folks in line every morning who're nabbing and re-selling to the folks who have to be at work.

Last edited by horse1; 03/07/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Take your Definition of hoarding, and apply it to your retirement account.

Do you Still call it hoarding ?

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Ha! Yeah, IRAs and pensions, even SS come under periodic attack here from some of those without ‘em.

Anti-Boomerism😜

Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Geez, Pappy. Stop making sense.

smile

Sorry, got carried away.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Found Large Rifle Primers last week, $10 bucks for 100, limited to 4 boxes per customer.
Still no powder, damn few Bullets at LGSs. Walmart and other places have nothing, no even shotgun shells!
I may be paranoid (and I am), but I suspect there’s a lot more than just hoarding behind this.
I don’t know when it will end, but I fully believe this is orchestrated, and I fully expect some kind of mass shooting, something very shocking, a mall or maybe even a grade school, to be followed by nationwide bans of semi autos and registration of all.
Too many black swan things are lining up for me not to believe that somebody’s pulling strings. This is freakin ridiculous, and downright scary, tin foil hat or not.
Mark my words. I pray I’m wrong, but I fear I’m right.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Exactly. A lot of "holier than thou" going on with guys complaining about hoarding and claiming that if you don't have enough ammo on hand; then you didn't properly prepare or have foresight. I suspect that some of us like to burn up more ammo in a year than some people use in a lifetime.

I have several years worth of ammo and components on hand if I used it at my normal rate. My personal issue is that I have had, for quite a few years, a pretty good stock of components. My practice has been to replace it as I use it. I'm not personally comfortable going through 5k or 6k rounds of 9mm or .223, etc...., if I can't replace it.

Sure, I could refrain from shooting any of my big game rifles other than simply confirming zero, then shooting the animal. If I did that I'd have a several hundred year supply of ammo for each rifle. I don't want to do that. I live on a pretty good piece of rural land. I have rifle and pistol ranges right at the house, and I like to shoot. The fact that I'm a bit worried about the supply has nothing to do with hoarding or being unprepared. It has to do with being concerned with being able to continue doing what I enjoy doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t expect door to door searches... yet. Maybe a year or so down the road.
I do expect some kind of draconian measures to enforce compliance with the new restrictions. If you’ve bought ammo or components, and probably hunting license, you may face some economic setbacks like frozen accounts and such.
I already discussed the possibilities with Wifey. I told her I will not comply, and I will resist any stupidity, even physically if need be.
I don’t know what to say. I can’t expect her to give up our home and livelihood, but she’s pretty committed to the 2A too, so who knows what may happen.
Remember, this is not about guns, it is about controlling you and your money, and your voice!
They’re not scared of guns, they’re surrounded by armed guards. They are afraid of you, your ideals, and your thoughts. You’re being disarmed because they’re afraid of YOU!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 50 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,329
Posts18,468,550
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.