Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Obviously neither party got what they wanted out of this transaction. I buy and sell a decent bit on here. On rifles, I advertise that the shipping includes tracking and insurance for the purchase price. But if sellers don't include that in the ad, I get it clarified in writing (either in PM or text). That said, for ammo, unless someone asks for extra insurance, I just go with default UPS amount. Granted, in this case I would refund the buyer, but I think people saying it's standard that everything bought and sold here is insured by the seller for the full purchase price are probably exaggerating a bit...

As for price gouging... while I don't agree with how the seller handled things, you can't pin that on him. The only reason he got the price in question is because the buyer sent him the money. Both parties have equal blame there. I.e., items are only worth what people will pay for them. Just because *you* won't or can't afford the price of something doesn't mean it isn't worth that to someone else. The recent wave of torpedoing FS threads and complaining about prices is pretty lame.

And finally, what is going on with the legal threats? Part of what I enjoy about buying/selling things here is that the community helps police the classified section and generally seems to weed out bad actors. But the idea that droves of lawyers are going to do anything about this particular situation is just silly. As would be tattling to Paypal. Or sending around private addresses and phone numbers. Those kinds of things will ruin the classifieds for everyone.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Willicd76
Originally Posted by boatboy
Let me just ask a question to the seller

Will seems to be following

Let say that Taylor paid the extra 10bucks for the insurance

and this would have happen just as it has, and the USPS denied the claim saying that the packaging was not correct. not strong enough
What would you do?
He cant control how you packaged the bullets

Just curious
I will give you this you dont cower to the crowd
I think you are very wrong but I know you dont care what I think
Hank

I would have immediately sent more bullets or refunded the money had he agreed to and purchased more insurance. Thats the issue i have is that both parties agreed before hand that the contents would be insured for $50. Yeah, its awfully convenient to decline additional risk coverage before hand but then to demand it after the fact. Draw your own moral conclusions, ut thats not the way the actual world works.

You shipped a item to someone without the proper insurance? You responsible for the buyer to receive his item he bought. Yes he shown you the post office damaged the package but thats not the buyer's fault. You should make it right and fight with the post office over the $50 since your were to stupid to have insured for whats its worth, I think your selling and buying here are over

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

and this would have happen just as it has, and the USPS denied the claim saying that the packaging was not correct. not strong enough
What would you do?

Just curious
Hank

I would have immediately sent more bullets or refunded the money had he agreed to and purchased more insurance. Thats the issue i have is that both parties agreed before hand that the contents would be insured for $50. Yeah, its awfully convenient to decline additional risk coverage before hand but then to demand it after the fact. Draw your own moral conclusions, ut thats not the way the actual world works.

What would you do?

Just curious
Hank

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All this over taking $6 out of your pocket to cover you both. It was obviously a concern or you wouldnt have asked. Not to say you were obligated but I dont know how many times Ive covered part of the shipping cost one way or another. My reputation is worth more than $6.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Mpat70 ... That was pretty well done ... đź‘Ť

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bigwoods
All this over taking $6 out of your pocket to cover you both. It was obviously a concern or you wouldnt have asked. Not to say you were obligated but I dont know how many times Ive covered part of the shipping cost one way or another. My reputation is worth more than $6.

I don’t disagree with anything you posted, but have you ever tried to collect on usps insurance? I will 100% guarantee they would have stated that is was poorly packaged and not paid a dime, even if it were insured for the full amount.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

It’s cheap piece of mind is t it?

Might as well just pay it as a seller to prevent this exact scenario

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You all are obviously passionate about KT being made whole and m passionate that i fulfilled my obligation. I propose you take up a collection for a round trip plane ride and send your preferred keyboard bada$$ to take it out of my hide. Ill go ahead and nominate acesneights since he already sent a PM offering to do just that.

Last edited by Willicd76; 03/08/21.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

I don’t disagree with anything you posted, but have you ever tried to collect on usps insurance? I will 100% guarantee they would have stated that is was poorly packaged and not paid a dime, even if it were insured for the full amount.

^^^

Most definitely completely agree 100%

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Its not about money, its about an agreement. We had one and then the rules change after the fact.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Exactly ... At that point the only cock-fight is to see who is going to do the footwork to get the insurance claim going .

All over $6

Last edited by bulkie_roll; 03/08/21.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
You all are obviously passionate about KT being made whole and m passionate that i fulfilled my obligation. I propose you take up a collection for a round trip plane ride and send your preferred keyboard bada$$ to take it out of my hide. Ill go ahead and nominate acesneights since he already sent a PM offering to do just that.

Only a fool would sacrifice his reputation for such a small amount of money.

I am pretty positive that the buyer isn’t going to starve by you failing in your responsibility to make him whole. He’ll be fine.

You’ll never get your good name back. People know you and who and what you are so whether banned or not, whether able to self regulate your participation here or not, you’re done.

That seems to me the height of foolishness, but it’s your integrity to value or devalue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You also need to prove value. You can insure a box of jello for $500, but that doesn't mean that the USPS will just pay you $500 if it gets lost.

Last edited by antelopedundee; 03/08/21.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Its not about money, its about an agreement. We had one and then the rules change after the fact.

Yes, and it was your packing job (not the amount of insurance) that caused the issue.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dvnv
Yes, and it was your packing job (not the amount of insurance) that caused the issue.

Now confounded by his inability to accept reality and simply admit that. This isn’t the Q thread.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

What would you do?

Just curious
Hank

Hey at least you are getting your post count up.The question you have to ask yourself how much are your morals worth? Do you want to keep selling stuff here? Play it out anyway in your mental midget head but your are WRONG.Pay the man his $$

Last edited by coobie; 03/08/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Willie had a posting gap from 4-8-18 thru 1-17-21 guess he finally made Parole!!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Not happening boys. This hypothetical "campfire" is such a small fraction of my life that it doesnt matter to me whether it goes or stays....... in any capacity. Its a great classified outlet. Other than that, its chocked full of experts on every subject, most of whom dont know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by efw

Only a fool would sacrifice his reputation for such a small amount of money.

I am pretty positive that the buyer isn’t going to starve by you failing in your responsibility to make him whole. He’ll be fine.

You’ll never get your good name back. People know you and who and what you are so whether banned or not, whether able to self regulate your participation here or not, you’re done.

That seems to me the height of foolishness, but it’s your integrity to value or devalue.

And a simple Google search will likely lead future buyers to this thread.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Its not about money, its about an agreement..............The agreement was he paid you for bullets and you were to ship them and make sure they got there. You got your money, he got a beat up empty box. And you still think that's fair???? Something very wrong here. To bad you don't see it.

Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

623 members (10Glocks, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 75 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,308
Posts18,449,130
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.