Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 40 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 39 40
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Jesus was seen by so many witnesses that even Roman law acknowledged His death. ..

Cite any official Roman record from the time
of Jesus that mentions his resurrection.

If so extraordinary a thing happened surely
the Romans would have noted it.

Upon His resurrection, well over 500 witnesses could be questioned and interviewed about the actual living Jesus

Who conducted this official investigation
and interviewing of 500 alleged witnesses ?

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Scriptures by anonymous authors who witnessed
nothing of the sort but simply recorded several
decades old village tales.

It's like having Bigfoot believers write up old
distant accounts of alleged Bigfoot sightings.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

500 eye witnesses?

Great. What are their names, and show us their written first hand accounts.

The first alleged witnesses at the tomb being
the two Marys , didn't even recognize a Jesus,
so we can gather how reliable the other 498 were ...

You do realize that John was written by an anonymous source about a century after the alleged events, right?

Nearly a century of village folklore
where could the story possibly go awry...?

Even Matthew applies ad hoc creative flare
to the narrative compared to earlier Mark.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by jaguartx
If, in fact, life started from an explosion, that was a miracle, which, in itself, defies your precious refuge of logic.

The Big Bang was neither big, no a bang, nor an explosion.

How else would you like to demonstrate your ignorance in your current drunken state this morning?

Very good.... a definite statement on the “Big Bang” on your part.

So, how would you explain how the universe came into existence?

Oh, but wait....are you going to dismiss the issue of the origins of the universe issue with more bafflegab?

Big Bang cosmology is the current best understanding we have of the local presentation of the observable universe back to the plank time.

Beyond that, we don't know. There are multiple competing scientific hypothesis attempting to move beyond the plank time, but one thing they all have in common is no need for a supernatural being as part of the hypothesis, just like Laplace.

OK, so "Big Bang cosmology" is the current best understanding....

That does not address how we got "everything from nothing." You refer to .. what did you call it....the Space/time continuum? Just how did that "get here?" A result of some "cosmological" process that we don't have a clue about?

How can Space...;. Time .... and Matter to "spring" into existence.... did it arise some how from "within itself" which is kinda similar to Larry's these.... but how can "everything" come from "nothing"?

The most logical explanation is the GOD... an agent from the outside... said.. "In the beginning (time created) .... created the the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)

Anyway, hate to to a hit and run but I had a busy day yesterday and it is spilling over into today.... gotta go

So you are back to your "God of the Gaps" argument?

Let's put your "logic" into the form of a syllogism.

We don't know what happened before the plank-time,
therefore MAGIC!.
My preferred magical being is the Christian God, Therefore,
The Christian God created the Universe, space time and everything!

News flash for Antelope Sniper.....!

I don't accept your second premise. You have not provided sufficient evidence.

News flash.... I never said a thing about back to the “God of the Gaps.”

You just made that up!

You conjure up some thesis or idea the try to attach it me and then try to knock it down. WEAK.....!

You have now gone full “Starman” on us.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

OK, but how would you reconcile 1 Peter 1:17..... "And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear."

Or perhaps this verse....Psalm 50:6 "And the heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is Judge Himself."

or....Hebrews 12:23... "To God the judge of all."

Please remember that a failure to understand is not the same as discovering a "inconsistency."

If Christ is God, those last two quotes could mean either. Nevet mind "Let there be One God" and now we have two. The Father and the Son.

But what about that first quote. For years, Jag and "company" have assured us that we are judged on Faith alone. Accept Christ in some moment before death, call him God and Savior. Be forgiven and go to Heaven.

But here you have Peter throwing a monkey wrench into the gears claiming "The Father" shall judge us on our "works".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Happy Camper...

Seems to me that you are correct and as usual, Starman is totally wrong.... Starman asks

"...500 eye witnesses?

Great. What are their names, and show us they written first hand accounts.

Asking their names.... asking to see their 'written first hand accounts.'

This guy is just plain ridiculous. GMAB .....Pay no attention to him or his ravings.

Watch how the seagulls respond to this:

" In Rome, in the year 93, Josephus published his lengthy history of the Jews. While discussing the period in which the Jews of Judaea were governed by the Roman procurator Pontius Pilate, Josephus included the following account:

About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who performed surprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Messiah. And when, upon the accusation of the principal men among us, Pilate had condemned him to a cross, those who had first come to love him did not cease. He appeared to them spending a third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things and a thousand other marvels about him. And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared."

- Jewish Antiquities, 18.3.3 §63
(Based on the translation of Louis H. Feldman, The Loeb Classical Library.)

They will go berserk and find all sorts of "references" to dispute the validity of this writing.... But, as you know there are other writings that refer to the historical Jesus.

But, as per normal, there are some that will deny any proof of Jesus' existence. They will happily ignore facts ... they have abandoned reason and cling to their much loved anti-Jesus rhetoric.

SOS

Last edited by TF49; 03/11/21.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

OK, but how would you reconcile 1 Peter 1:17..... "And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear."

Or perhaps this verse....Psalm 50:6 "And the heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is Judge Himself."

Please remember that a failure to understand is not the same as discovering a "inconsistency."

If Christ is God, those last two quotes could mean either. Nevet mind "Let there be One God" and now we have two. The Father and the Son.

But what about that first quote. For years, Jag and "company" have assured us that we are judged on Faith alone. Accept Christ in some moment before death, call him God and Savior. Be forgiven and go to Heaven.

But here you have Peter throwing a monkey wrench into the gears claiming "The Father" shall judge us on our "works".

Actually, your comments are worthy of study. The question that is often before me ... when there is an apparent contradiction ....is....."how can both viewpoints be true?" I got into it with another poster who was very enthusiastic about some contradiction he thought he had discovered... this apparent contradiction was easily explained.... one was referring to the "law" and its status... but BEFORE Jesus death on the cross and the other reference was a reference to the "law" and its status ... but AFTER the death on the cross. Big difference.

There was another interesting example.... a quote from the Book of Job which seemed to contradict a NT teaching.... The interesting thing is that the writer... was indeed quoting from the Book of Job, but he was quoting the words spoken by one of Job's unhelpful friends who was giving Job "unbiblical" advice. The guy simply took everything in the Bible as the word of God....he didn't think it through.... would one quote Pharaoh or Herod as say that they were speaking for God? I don't think so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy Camper...

Seems to me that you are correct and as usual, Starman is totally wrong.... Starman asks

"...500 eye witnesses?

TF49 claims to be so astute at scripture
yet wrongly attributes what Antelope Sniper
posted to Starman..

Crapper and 49er what a great team ...LoL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For years, Jag and "company" have assured us that we are judged on Faith alone. Accept Christ in some moment before death, call him God and Savior. Be forgiven and go to Heaven. But here you have Peter throwing a monkey wrench into the gears claiming "The Father" shall judge us on our "works".
I think God’s grace can’t be earned. John 3:16 is pretty much the Gospel in a nutshell. One’s salvation can’t be ‘earned’ by good works or anything else. Salvation comes via God’s grace by faith. Nothing can be added to it. Jesus’ work of redemption is total and complete. Goodness oughta be a result though, of what has taken place within oneself. One still must account for one’s life. Saved or not. We’ll all stand in judgment before our Creator...but fully devoted followers of Jesus will have their sins covered by the Blood of the Atonement.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Happy Camper...

"...500 eye witnesses?

TF49 claims to be so astute at scripture
yet wrongly attributes what Antelope Sniper
posted to Starman..

Crapper and 49er what a great team ...LoL.

By golly, you may be right.... Yes, I think I did make a mistake... but you should mark it down.... today, YOU... Starman.... were NOT totally wrong.

Last edited by TF49; 03/11/21.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You think , so you are not sure
dumb pride prevents you just
openly admitting it.

Combined with your history of
Blatant dishonesty and denials

enough said.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You do realize that John was written by an anonymous source about a century after the alleged events, right?

You have educated me about something today. It's not about the authorship of John. If I thought it would be of benefit, I would explain 5 reasons why John the beloved apostle was clearly the writer. What I just learned from you is that you deserve a refund from whatever teacher charged you for the textual criticism class.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Question of Origin"
If intelligent life can come from nothing, then a divine awareness can too...!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
"Question of Origin"

Are you postulating that humans can become divine?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Happy Camper...

"...500 eye witnesses?

Asking their names.... asking to see their 'written first hand accounts.'

This guy is just plain ridiculous. GMAB .....Pay no attention to him or his ravings.

Watch how the seagulls respond to this:

" In Rome, in the year 93, Josephus published his lengthy history of the Jews. While discussing the period in which the Jews of Judaea were governed by the Roman procurator Pontius Pilate, Josephus included the following account:

About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who performed surprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Messiah. And when, upon the accusation of the principal men among us, Pilate had condemned him to a cross, those who had first come to love him did not cease. He appeared to them spending a third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things and a thousand other marvels about him. And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared."

- Jewish Antiquities, 18.3.3 §63
(Based on the translation of Louis H. Feldman, The Loeb Classical Library.)

They will go berserk and find all sorts of "references" to dispute the validity of this writing.... But, as you know there are other writings that refer to the historical Jesus.

But, as per normal, there are some that will deny any proof of Jesus' existence. They will happily ignore facts ... they have abandoned reason and cling to their much loved anti-Jesus rhetoric.

SOS

👍. How True.

I have that volume.
These God haters wouldn't be convinced if the rich man from hell came back and talked to them.
For that matter, if their favorite pagan celebrities had their witnessed testimonies certified state issued laminated ID cards notorized by Pilate. 😄
Maybe an introductory class in textual criticism would help........nah.
Whoever pays these guys to waste us christians time, you think they could find better help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How do non-believers know that ‘any’ of written ancient history wasn’t written ‘after’ the story unfolded, and how do non-believers know that the writers of ‘any’ of written ancient history were actual witnesses, and how do non-believers know that the authors of ‘any’ of written ancient history were actually the ones to put the quill to the paper...? Answer: they don’t.

Non-believers ‘do’ selectively apply different standards to Christian texts though, than they do to ‘all’ of the rest of written ancient history.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Actually, your comments are worthy of study. The question that is often before me ... when there is an apparent contradiction ....is....."how can both viewpoints be true?" I got into it with another poster who was very enthusiastic about some contradiction he thought he had discovered... this apparent contradiction was easily explained.... one was referring to the "law" and its status... but BEFORE Jesus death on the cross and the other reference was a reference to the "law" and its status ... but AFTER the death on the cross. Big difference.

There was another interesting example.... a quote from the Book of Job which seemed to contradict a NT teaching.... The interesting thing is that the writer... was indeed quoting from the Book of Job, but he was quoting the words spoken by one of Job's unhelpful friends who was giving Job "unbiblical" advice. The guy simply took everything in the Bible as the word of God....he didn't think it through.... would one quote Pharaoh or Herod as say that they were speaking for God? I don't think so.

You were clearly right.
He just doesn't want to face the fact that Jesus was judged for our sins and satisfied the justice of the Father.
He WILL be judged by the Son some day and hence the Word he is given, yet dies not believe. His works will cone up short. Since he denies Christ's finished works, the result will be his guilty verdict.

He doesn't even claim to believe in either the Father or the Son, nor a future judgement. He's just attacking for the sake of whoever pulls his strings.
He'll enjoy accusing us with a dozen more foolish questions if he can get away with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Question of Origin"
Are you postulating that humans can become divine?
Nope. By “intelligent life” I meant humanity. And by “divine awareness” I meant God.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
How do non-believers know that ‘any’ of ancient history wasn’t written ‘after’ the story unfolded, and how do non-believers know that the writers of ‘any’ of ancient history were actual witnesses, and how do non-believers know that the authors of ‘any’ of ancient history were actually the ones to put the quill to the paper...? Answer: they don’t.

That's right. We don't, and I have significant doubts regarding many stories about alleged historical figures. Sun Tzu was at best a composite of several persons, if he existed at all. Same can be said of Homer. I even have my doubts about Socrates. Actually read Plato's account of his death and tell me if it sounds like an account of real events, or a story designed to convey a message.

Of course, when I question the existence of Socrates, it makes no difference to my personal philosophy if the words attributed to him were really his, or put into his mouth by Plato, or some scribe 300 years later, unlike Christians for whom a non-excitant Jesus means no trip to heaven.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
"Question of Origin"

Well that's a loose end you believers need to tidy-up - where did god come from, maybe some sort of self extinguishing pre-god god?

Given that the rest of the religious story is so "well documented", this is a major loop-hole that totally destroys any attempted credibility - the whole of religion is based on this fatal flaw. It's the same basic question that no-one has an answer for but is the key "foundation" for the whole religious fairy tale.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 03/11/21.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Unreal. The atheists are after Happy Camper and the believers like the dimocommies, jues, and NWO cabal illuminati Bolsheviks and CCP are after Trump.

Unreal.

Sucking the dick of satan must be very stimulating.

The hounds of the Baskervilles are relentless when after their pound of flesh.

Reminds me of the commies in Hollywood and Government trying to destroy Joe McCarthy.

Wondering how closely related they are, or how closely they are related to the Nephilum, the giants in the illuminati.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/11/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 21 of 40 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 22 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.