Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I ordered a scope from Cabela's last week. It was supposed to arrive on Tuesday, then I got a notice it will arrive on Thursday. I didn't receive it Thursday so checked the tracking. It landed in Memphis on the 6th and never left. But, it seems to have disappeared there. Nothing on the tracking even says anything about it anymore. It hasn't left Memphis according to FedEx tracking.

A friend had the same thing happen with a rifle he bought from Georgia. It got to Memphis (FedEx again) and stayed there for a couple months and then all of the sudden it showed up at his LGS without notice.

Any of you have this problem with FedEx? Cabela's is going to send out another scope if I don't get it today. They consider it lost if it isn't here today. From what the operator said it seems to be a common problem with FedEx. I wonder why they keep shipping with them.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Not Fedex but the USPS. Ordered a small part for my snow blower through Amazon in December. It was shipped on 12/22/2020. Tracking showed it went as far as St. Louis, MO then nothing for weeks. Received a a refund from the vendor through Amazon. I bought another part from a different vendor which arrived promptly. I checked the tracking on the original order a few times after receiving my refund but no updates. It disappeared in St. Louis. On March 2nd the part I first ordered appeared in my mailbox. I contacted Amazon and they said just keep it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I had the EXACT situation happen to me with a scope I bought from them. I was supposed to have gotten it on February 19 but the status of it disappeared once it got to Memphis. I contacted their customer service (very prompt and good communication) and they told me to wait until March 1. Even though I never found it again through their tracking number it arrived on March 1. Cabelas sent me a $25 gift card. They were originally going to send a $15 one but after our very polite exchange they upped it to $25, likely because I was polite and I kept them up to date every several days. I was very impressed with their customer service.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you send any bullets via any body, make sure they can't rattle. the inquisitive little urchins that are handling things along the way just have to see what is making that noise i guess.
that and the weight is just too much for them. weight =Gold, Silver, or lead. all easy to sell today.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They made a big gun theft bust at UPS Memphis a few years back IIRC.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I sent a gun part to Edmonton, Alberta...........three weeks later it arrived in London, England. in the meantime I tried to collect on the shipping insurance and found out there was ZERO chance to collect, luckily it got to Edmonton after a six week journey.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
They made a big gun theft bust at UPS Memphis a few years back IIRC.

No way that could happen in Memphis, of all places. Why would that happen??

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Weatherby Griptonite stock I ordered for my $250 Howa 6CM barreled action just disappeared. After about a month they sent another one, by another carrier. After that one arrived, the original did too. They told me to keep it. Might sell it since I’M NOT BUYING ANY MORE RIFLES.

OTOH, the nice game cart I ordered last year came in time, then a few days later a second one came. I contacted the seller, an Amazon vendor, and they said keep it as well, so I gave it to my son.

All this, plus my other mailing and shipping fiascos, have me very leery about selling anything else from my box-o-crap, at least until things settle down.

In another COVID-related incident, the Cub Cadet garden tiller I’ve had on order since before Christmas apparently is unavailable because the owner of the company that manufactures the tines died of the Plague, and the company went bust. After a bunch of fruitless searching, I managed (I hope!) to snag a Troybuilt from Home Depot. We shall see.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Ordered a Nosler manual Nov 22 from Midway. They gave it to the post office Nov 24. I got it Jan 22. No more post office for me.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
USPS is horrible lately.

Made 2 separate purchases 2 days apart from DFW from 2 different sellers.

One arrived 2 days later via Priority Mail, the other is no where to be found. Tracking says still at DFW, but postmaster can find package.

Neither were hard items, just some First Lite clothes but DAMN they need to get their act together!

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Had a couple packages that were, up until the very day delivered, showing to be at Memfrica. These were USPS from CA to MT. Good luck...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Have had multiple issues with USPS and FedEx over the last few months. Started using UPS and haven’t had an issue yet..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I sent a CZ to Cajun Gun Works, they were emphatic that it had to get to them via FedEx Air. I paid the extra even though FedEx Ground would have arrived on the same day. No one was giving details, but reading between the lines I suspect that the ground FedEx shipments tend to go other places and maybe not to the rightful owners..

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
All shippers have their problems.

And Covid has exacerbated these problems.

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I live in the country. FEDEX and USPS are a joke in my area. UPS is good.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have had a few FedEx deliveries over the past month that simply stopped tracking. I eventually got all of them.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Windfall
When I sent a CZ to Cajun Gun Works, they were emphatic that it had to get to them via FedEx Air. I paid the extra even though FedEx Ground would have arrived on the same day. No one was giving details, but reading between the lines I suspect that the ground FedEx shipments tend to go other places and maybe not to the rightful owners..

Where I live FedEx air and FedEx ground are managed separately almost like different companies and their shipping hubs are miles apart from each other. Have not had a problem yet with FedEx air but multiple problems with FedEx ground. USPS has had serious issues of late, I ship quite a bit with UPS and they for the most part have been reliable but are usually the most expensive.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Bad experience with FedEx Memphis (actual hub in OLIVE BRANCH, MS). I bought a 3-pt hitch kit for a sub-compact tractor. Vendor wouldn't ship to AK, so had it shipped to my buddy in WI to resend to me. Fed Ex tracking showed it delayed in Olive Branch for a day. When the package arrived the lower lift arms were missing. Nothing but lip service and process in place from Fed Up to not resolve anything!

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
This is Very common with USPS, thats why i dont use them anymore when shipping guns....Hb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I recently received two packages sent Priority Mail from the USPS. Both were over 1 ½ months late based on the tracking numbers given to me. One package was from Seattle that was being shipped to my home in Maine. After making numerous phone calls and emails, I finally ended up talking to the Postmaster in Maine. She felt sorry for me but then told me that the USPS had recently lost her father’s death certificate and that she had to drive to Boston to get another one. Unless you want your package to go in the black hole, “Do not use the USPS”. I have one more package out there waiting to be delivered so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

583 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,300
Posts18,449,033
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.