Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Hey Rick-
I'm not getting PMs from other campfire uses now, and the problem has persisted for several days. I checked the setting in my MSN email account and the campfire is still whitelisted as a safe sender. Any idea of what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks,
MT_DD_FAN

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm not tech savvy at all, but the Campfire PM system doesn't seem to send and deliver. I had some bullets in classified last week, after the initial contact, my buyers and I were unable to connect. I wrote an open forum apology , but they probably still think I'm a jerk. I bought a scope from Starched Cover only by using my aol email, he reported having problems too. Lost in cyberland.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes, what those previous poster are asking.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Same issue here PMs stopped coming through to email about a week ago.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Is this issue being fixed??

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by buddydog
Is this issue being fixed??

I just checked (3/19 at 10AM MDT) and I still can't forward my PM threads from the campfire's website to my personal MSN account. I've sent emails from my MSN account to the webmaster's (RickBin) personal email but not received a reply to any of those emails. So I don't know if he's aware of the problem or not, or if he's working on a solution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you talking about manually emailing a PM thread, or getting individual messages sent to your email? Or both?

I'll probably jinx myself but both are still working for me.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Are you talking about manually emailing a PM thread, or getting individual messages sent to your email? Or both?
I'll probably jinx myself but both are still working for me.

I referring to manually forwarding one of my PM thread on the campfire to my personal email via the "Email Thread to Me" button/tab that shows at the top of every PM thread. I only recently started to get campfire PM again in my personal MSN email account.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I use the full software version of Outlook. I have a Junk Email folder as well as a separate Spambox folder. For some reason, with no changes on my end, everything from 24hourcampfire whether PMs or notices of posts on followed threads go to my Spambox. Nothing else has ever gone to that folder until this started on 2/21/2021. I marked the 24hourcampfire domain as safe years ago, but tried it again just in case. No difference, everything from here still goes to that folder.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

My preferences say get an email when I receive a PM, but the last few days, I've had several PM's and no email. Not been a problem in the past, not sure when it changed, but would love to know if I'm the only one or there's a fix. The box is checked for get an email.
Thanks,
Jon

Keep Smiling
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
For the last week or so I've sent certain posts or threads to my email for reading later.
Nothing ever goes through to email.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JonS

My preferences say get an email when I receive a PM, but the last few days, I've had several PM's and no email. Not been a problem in the past, not sure when it changed, but would love to know if I'm the only one or there's a fix. The box is checked for get an email.
Thanks,
Jon

Same here. I tried to send an email to webmaster24hrcampfire.com about this, but it bounced. Said the recipients email system refused to accept a connection.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have the same problem. It started two weeks ago. I have posted on this forum and emailed Rick Bin. As yet no response. I checked my Microsoft Outlook security and this site is not listed as a potential threat or is not listed as a restricted site due to lack of security certificate. Nothing going to my junk email account either. I too have clicked on the email me the post and have marked to be notified immediately on messages. I did see a post that a member had his pm use in jail due to some rule violation. I have received not such notice and have never had a problem with this site or its use since my registration in 2002. Hopefully, Rick can find a solution. Sucks trying to communicate timely without the notifications. Some guys are moving to other sites.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How come there is not response from the Webmaster? Are these issue trivial to Rick Bin?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TATELAW
I use the full software version of Outlook. I have a Junk Email folder as well as a separate Spambox folder. For some reason, with no changes on my end, everything from 24hourcampfire whether PMs or notices of posts on followed threads go to my Spambox. Nothing else has ever gone to that folder until this started on 2/21/2021. I marked the 24hourcampfire domain as safe years ago, but tried it again just in case. No difference, everything from here still goes to that folder.

I just checked my email again and nothing from 24hourcampfire has come through to me since 3/11/2021. Checked inbox, junk mail, and the new Spambox mentioned earlier. I'm getting nothing at all.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just used the Email Post for your post and then emailed a PM thread to myself. Both came through immediately. Must be something more to it than 24hourcampfire.com isn't working properly.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I learned from my IT source that the site had an intrusion and passwords were obtained. My password was one of them. Changed my password and now receiving notifications and PMs in email. I see the site was down for maintenance a week or so ago. Changed my password after it came back on line.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I am also not getting notifications; either followed thread or PM notifications?
Have some items listed for sale and don't know when someone has responded without constantly checking the threads.
Whats up??

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by buddydog
I learned from my IT source that the site had an intrusion and passwords were obtained. My password was one of them. Changed my password and now receiving notifications and PMs in email. I see the site was down for maintenance a week or so ago. Changed my password after it came back on line.

I also changed my password and the problem seems to have been cured now.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
changed my password; still having problems with notifications

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,209
Posts18,466,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.