-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as hunters are content with mounting trash on their rifles we will see no better than trash offered competitively priced.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBREW401
I had a Leupold 2-7x33, that I bought used at a gun show about 12 years ago. Used it on a couple rifles, then put it in the safe where it sat for several years. Mounted it on a rifle and when boresighting, the windage was so tight, coulndn.t tur it.
Sent it to Leupold for repairs. They sent me a new VX Freedom, 2-7 x 33 free of charge. That's damn good service, IMO. This was Nov, 2021.
I have eight Leupold scopes and that is the only one to need repair.

November 2021?

I have seen the future!
wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The fabric of the space-time continuum has been torn asunder!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkaddict
SWFA is not out of business, and as I understand it, Nikon got out primarily for political reasons. Can't speak for Weaver.

SWFA may not be out of business, but it sure as hell is hard to buy one of their scopes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
There have been several brands of sub $300 scopes that could make reliable adjustments for years. Leupold simply has refused to address the garbage erectors.

I believe this is true. If Weaver could design and build the Micro-Trac system as inexpensively as they did, I do not understand why Leupold can't---or won't. If they did, they'd have my attention. They got everything else right.

How many of those Weavers were sold, and how many of those comparatively few that were sold got a good workout? What are the actual differences in the erector/adjustment assemblies?

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
SWFA is not out of business, and as I understand it, Nikon got out primarily for political reasons. Can't speak for Weaver.

SWFA may not be out of business, but it sure as hell is hard to buy one of their scopes.

The shipments from China take awhile.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
There have been several brands of sub $300 scopes that could make reliable adjustments for years. Leupold simply has refused to address the garbage erectors.

I believe this is true. If Weaver could design and build the Micro-Trac system as inexpensively as they did, I do not understand why Leupold can't---or won't. If they did, they'd have my attention. They got everything else right.

How many of those Weavers were sold, and how many of those comparatively few that were sold got a good workout? What are the actual differences in the erector/adjustment assemblies?

Physically, I do not know. I don't rake my scopes apart. But what I do know is that the Weaver adjustments work. That's difference enough for me.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob

The shipments from China take awhile.

They're made in Japan, not China.

Don't be the darkness.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Weaver showed, more than fifty years ago, that it was not that difficult to build a scope with usable adjustments. They also demonstrated it was possible to build scopes which were rugged. What they did not do was produce scopes with great optics. I have a couple of older Weaver scopes, US and Japanese, on silhouette rifles and they track perfectly. I have one Leupold and it works fine as long as I remember to adjust the windage, along with the elevation, when I move from point to point. If they could make scopes in El Paso which adjusted well, you would think the people in Oregon could do the same. GD

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Simple. They haven’t had to, yet. A lot of their competition is no better, with worse ergos.

Way back when my company was deeply invested in their so-called Quality program, one of the catch-phrases was, “Quality means meeting customer expectations, not Goodness”, essentially saying if they’ll accept (or tolerate) Crap, Crap is just fine.

These threads will change nothing, merely micturition in the wind. If you’re not satisfied, move on to something that works for you. The boys and girls in Oregon will never notice.

I have heard quality described as doing the right thing right the first time.

Okay, but that one didn't make the cut. You have to bear in mind that actual Quality wasn’t the goal. The goal was to satisfy those who demand companies they do business with have a Quality program in place, similar to ISO. Once Quality had run its course, everyone involved got new business cards and became ISO consultants. This time, part of the schtick was that you not only had to adhere to ISO practices, but you could only date ISO girls, drink ISO beer, and had to abandon all your old non- ISO friends, unless you could drag them into the club.

Kinda like Baptists.....

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
JB,
The HD models are made in Japan....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have wondered on occasion whether Leupold's lightweight tubes may be the reason there are so many tracking issues. It may be that the slightest ring misalignment causes the erector to bind up. All I know is I grew weary of the hassle of zeroing a Leupold scope. Whatever the cause, I wish they'd address it and not continue to try to blow smoke up everyone's ass.

Don't be the darkness.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Good question. I've wondered the same about one of my Z3 that continues to have tracking problems even after a trip to the factory. As I recall, Swarovski recommends the lightest scope ring tightening of any scope I've played with.

I have wondered on occasion whether Leupold's lightweight tubes may be the reason there are so many tracking issues. It may be that the slightest ring misalignment causes the erector to bind up. All I know is I grew weary of the hassle of zeroing a Leupold scope. Whatever the cause, I wish they'd address it and not continue to try to blow smoke up everyone's ass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being ISO certified has much less to do with achieving true quality than simply documenting your production processes and QC procedures and adhering to them---on paper at least. It does not guarantee a superior product.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks never disappoint and ESPECIALLY when doing your BEST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your hearts for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!!!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Being ISO certified has much less to do with achieving true quality than simply documenting your production processes and QC procedures and adhering to them---on paper at least. It does not guarantee a superior product.

Bingo. All it is saying what you do and doing what you say.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Oh Boy. Sphincterwrinkle is here.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

And once certification is granted all that goes right out the effing window as soon as it entails some added costs, or makes someone sad....

Been there, done that, and all it accomplished was draining the corporate coffers, again, and rid us of all that pesky hard-copy documentation that we only used like nearly every day. Oh yeah, almost forgot, the night shift had to rearrange their schedules and screw up their lives in general so they could attend the stupid-azz seminars.

Just another scam like multi-level marketing.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348

And once certification is granted all that goes right out the effing window as soon as it entails some added costs, or makes someone sad....

Been there, done that, and all it accomplished was draining the corporate coffers, again, and rid us of all that pesky hard-copy documentation that we only used like nearly every day. Oh yeah, almost forgot, the night shift had to rearrange their schedules and screw up their lives in general so they could attend the stupid-azz seminars.

Just another scam like multi-level marketing.

That can happen and I'm sure it does quite often. It does not have to be that way, though.

My own organization is currently undergoing some very demanding certification (aviation-related) and those of us involved in this are being very careful to ensure that we don't produce documented requirements that would paint us into a corner of our own making. Good, smart management decisions can keep an organization out of the weeds when it comes to this sort of thing. Unfortunately, good management is not a common commodity.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Scarce as chicken lips...

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 1minute, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,748
Posts18,457,795
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.