Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a 2500HD 4x4 6.0 in 2015 with 82K miles on it and ran it to 140K miles by 2020. Great truck despite averaging 12 mpg all the time.

Bought a 2019 Mustang GT and it was flawless and fun as hell but after getting back on motorcycles the GT was not so much fun so I tried to sell it and came up about 4K short for payoff. I decided to trade the GT for a 2020 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0 10spd and sell the 2500HD and assumed Ford had the electronic bugs worked out, however: dash dimmer switch would re-set to high after being set to just above off, the auto/stop button would engage on it's own often (actually a good failure), the LCD screen would go black, Sync3 was quirky and it seemed to have issues connecting to Carplay often.

Only four payments and 8,500 miles but I was hating that truck every time I drove it. and I knew damn well I would hate it more as time passed so I went to look at Dodge.

I traded for basically an identical truck compared to my XLT, a Lonestar new body style, white with all black interior, quad cab, 4x4, 5.7 with 3.92's and so far I can't find anything I don't like.

I picked up better gearing, a much nicer interior, keyless remote with push button start that I loved on the GT.

Surprisingly I am in the black, with a good deal on the trade, the new truck price and a drop from 1.9% back to 0% and that includes the four payments.

I intended to add Katskinz leather to the F150 but didn't so I will do the same on the RAM and add 2" spacers on the front.

The day after I bought it I towed a small trailer and motorcycle to Houston and it recorded better mileage than the F150.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dave

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nothing like supporting the UAW that supported Biden and Kamela....Who will soon be passing off on all the new gun control laws..

My next will be back to Toyota.....

Last edited by battue; 03/15/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
keyless remote with push button start that I loved on the GT.
My son runs a fraud investigation dept of a large insurance company. He says that since they came out with the keyless starts, their theft claims have skyrocketed. The problem is that the codes aren't unique. Thieves have gizmos that let them walk into a large parking lot and push a button. They watch for which cars light up then just get in and drive away.
That said, I do like it on our Toyota. I keep the key in an old knife scabbard that I wear on my belt.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by battue
Nothing like supporting the UAW that supported Biden and Kamela....Who will soon be passing off on all the new gun control laws..

Nothing like supporting a diehard supporter of queers and lesbians......

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-supports-lgbtq-community-during-covid-19-crisis/

https://www.advocate.com/business/equality-allies/2011/09/20/toyota-moving-forward

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So do GM, Ford and Dodge employees when they allow their leadership to back Biden and Clinton.

Last edited by battue; 03/15/21.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So do GM, Ford and Dodge employees when they allow their leadership to back Biden and Clinton.

They all have policies normal people don't like, including Toyota. That was the obvious point to your misleading post.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I realize all have policies....However, I left little to mislead any on my view.

We all have to draw lines on occasion...and when a powerful union goes against the second, with money and support of those in power to make the laws, if possible I will not buy what they have to sell.

There is a place for union representation, and that is to act on behalf of their members as it applies to the company they work for. Plying for political favors that may have-and in this case will-go against the Constitution goes beyond membership representation.

We all choose paths....and we all don’t agree on the ones others take. Have a good friend who is a Chevy dealer and none will sell me a Chevy at a better price, or give me better service. Next one will be Toyota.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree on Toyota.

There is nothing more constitional or American than buying
Aisian products.

Specifically because they aren't American.

First time I ever heard such a thing, was in the 90's.
From a young Nation of Islam member.
Was stuck in a truck training that POS for two looonnnggg weeks.

The Toyota fanboys will be along,
telling us how many parts are made in NA.
And about American factories.
The hardcore ones will (in private) tell you to buy
the Japanese made models. They are better. grin

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Shame Savage99 isn't still around, buying anything Jap would have him going on about the war....his hatred ran deep.....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brought to you by the same people who bought you Peal Harbor!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, there was that....pricks!!!!

Then again the Krauts brought us Hitler...and the BMW, Mercedes and Porches are here. And that Kaiser guy before him. Pricks!!!! However, the Serbs started that mess, but they don’t make cars..so I guess they get a pass..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, there was that....pricks!!!!

Then again the Krauts brought us Hitler...and the BMW, Mercedes and Porches are here. And that Kaiser guy before him. Pricks!!!! However, the Serbs started that mess, but they don’t make cars..so I guess they get a pass..

Dickweed

😁😁😁😁😁

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
👍

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

my new to me 2003 Lexus LX 470 was built long before all the rainbow parades & lesi's & queers came outta the closet

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

And. So. Support the Japanese, good move

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, that was an interesting turn laugh

Dave

dh1 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since you brought up 'interesting turn', how do you like the twist shift? I had a 15 Ram for 3yrs, into year 2 on a 16, and overall they have exceeded my expectation. About the only thing I'd change is the gear selector, frequently end up in P when I need R

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.