Print Thread
Hop To
#15894885 03/13/21
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Always wanted an example of a Mauser and have an old CZ-24 with wartime furniture. Has miles on it and its what i qas looking for.

Also have an old post war Brno 22f commercial rifle small ring mauser with full lebgth stock 8mm. This was somethingbi always wanted and its an amazing rifle with excellent metal and bluing and a non tapped reciever. It feels like a little wand. As much as i appreciate it i need to confess that i just dont use it mostly because im left handed and have left hand bolt actions and leverguns. It sad really

So if you had a nice old Brno 22 that never sees light of day would you get rid of it? Or would you keep it for having an example of an commercial mauser sporter? Im conflicted as i like the mauser style rifle but think someone might want to actually use one of these out there. Any suggestions?

z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't part with my Brnos.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Were I a lefty I would be shooting with a period Farquharson.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Were I a lefty I would be shooting with a period Farquharson.

I actually do have an Alex Henry. Does that count.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Hello OP!
Perhaps you can get the below on 'rush order' via FedEx overnight.

https://play.google.com/store/books...ss_Economics&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

OK, so pardon the above reference... Unable resist! And yes, I did check for an "Irresistible Impulse F/D" sequel for myself! smile

Now getting serious... Picture as worth a thousand words, if not available, questions seeming relevant.

Now my tech questions, as you're comfortable to answer.
1. What's the two digit year date on the left joining area of barrel and/or receiver?
2. Bolt with spoon handle or ball?
3. Bolt with traditional guide rib or without?
4. IF no guide rib, is the receiver bridge underside yet slotted for such?
5. Receiver bridge w/ clip guide and/or receiver hump?
5. What's the SN - less the last couple of digits using "x" place holders?
6. Does the rifle appear original? Condition issues?

Your answers may help others assess the originality/collectability for purpose of determining objectively "how dear", from such perspective.

These are great lightweight, quality rifles. An original of mine dated "48" SN 213xx in 7x57, pix below for comparison value.

Best & Stay Safe!

Attached Images
R80-2.jpg (27.03 KB, 295 downloads)
R80-21U.jpg (21.19 KB, 287 downloads)
R80-4U.jpg (24.94 KB, 288 downloads)
R80-9U.jpg (15.8 KB, 280 downloads)
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by iskra
Hello OP!
Perhaps you can get the below on 'rush order' via FedEx overnight.

https://play.google.com/store/books...ss_Economics&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

OK, so pardon the above reference... Unable resist! And yes, I did check for an "Irresistible Impulse F/D" sequel for myself! smile

Now getting serious... Picture as worth a thousand words, if not available, questions seeming relevant.

Now my tech questions, as you're comfortable to answer.
1. What's the two digit year date on the left joining area of barrel and/or receiver?
2. Bolt with spoon handle or ball?
3. Bolt with traditional guide rib or without?
4. IF no guide rib, is the receiver bridge underside yet slotted for such?
5. Receiver bridge w/ clip guide and/or receiver hump?
5. What's the SN - less the last couple of digits using "x" place holders?
6. Does the rifle appear original? Condition issues?

Your answers may help others assess the originality/collectability for purpose of determining objectively "how dear", from such perspective.

These are great lightweight, quality rifles. An original of mine dated "48" SN 213xx in 7x57, pix below for comparison value.

Best & Stay Safe!

That looks just like mine. Exactly! My metal on mine is pristine, beautiful. Even the bolt handle has full bluing.

Im away from home at my mom's as my dad just died and we are dealing with finalities and funeral thinga at the moment. Ill be home probably Monday and get that info off of it. From my recollection i think it dated to 47.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
My deepest sympathy to you, your mom and all, for loss of your dad. I lost mine a quarter century ago. Him at 90 years and 'time'. The pain has long melded into great memories. But I do understand one facet of going through such loss. "Time outs". Needing to pause for some bit of normalcy such as here, a quick gun blog. Some kind of parachute to remove if only temporarily from the many obligatory factors & details... At least this, unlike my 'chute' of old... Doesn't leave a hangover!
Please get back IF AND WHEN convenient.
God bless you all. Take special care of your mom! And... may He welcome your father!
John

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
if anyone needs a BRNO 21 in 8x57 with the longer barrel (23.5"?) I have an extra that is original from the buttplate to the front sight hood. IT has bolt guide and butterknife bolt handle. I think it is about a 48 or 49. cannot remember. it has the 19mm dovetails on the bridge.

PM me if interested. They are great rifles and I am keeping the 7x57 just to simplify my reloading bench. I have dies, bullets and brass to go with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My 22H still remains unfired. I have considered having it restocked as these came with a really basic stock that I would consider below average fit and finish.
I thought I might have a new stock made, replace bottom metal and change to a single trigger.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Yeah the wood is pretty ho hum but the blued metalwork is very nice. My metal is very beautiful

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Well, mine is NOT for sale. If I recall, it is a 1947 production. Only thing not original...someone replaced the rear sight with an adjustable Lyman. Rifle is plenty accurate, both with the generic factory loads available at the local hardware store and handloads (seems to the the 200gr Barnes TSX). And unlike GeoW, I'm fine with the "basic" stock. That is the type of wood I'd want on a working rifle. The rifle, to my mind, carries and handles much like a Winchester 94 - just with some serious thump. I'd love to take it on an elk hunt in the timber......

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The metal finish and the bluing on Model 21/22 brnos is very nice as is the same for ZG47

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
here's mine in 8mm. I can't drill on that beautiful receiver

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Great looking Brno!

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Darn, mine's going to a new home.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Condolences on that apparent loss too, Tc. They do come along, just not often.

100% with you richj! I'd not wish that receiver D&T either. I've only one D&T. 8mm, well used/lightly abused. But for a price... ! My earliest example in a short, handy rifle, '47 dated, 13K Sn and yet with functional clip guides! That as bolt without rib nor under bridge female slot. Believe there were yet a lot of wartime surplus components, such influence reflected here! The action is quite smooth and tolerances sufficiently tight, guide rib not missed. Pix below.
Best & thanks for the great Brno gab here!
John

Attached Images
R299-2.jpg (24.46 KB, 93 downloads)
R299-3.jpg (24.07 KB, 99 downloads)
R299-15U.jpg (23.13 KB, 101 downloads)
R299-18U.jpg (25.11 KB, 100 downloads)
R299-17U.jpg (18.93 KB, 95 downloads)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 3,102 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.