Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Any casters here want to sell a few of their bullets for .44 mag ? I'm wanting to try a variety of types, preferably 240 grain-ish.

Send me a PM if you prefer and let me know what you have and what they're worth to you.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can send you a handful of the ones that another member here made for me. I have the mold details so if you like them you can get the mold. PM me your address.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
PM sent Ranger
Thank you!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
I can send you a handful of the ones that another member here made for me. I have the mold details so if you like them you can get the mold. PM me your address.

Who on God's green earth would go to all the work to cast bullets for you???

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

laugh

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You leave many questions unanswered Grasshopper.

What kind of velocity are you looking for?

Plain base or gas checked?

Paper patch or grease groove?

Sized or not? If sized, what diameter you lookin' for?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
may have a few. will do a recce and see. tag

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mr longarm cast several hundred 44s today and got them powder coated and sized today. He caught on fast and did a great job. I got the pleasure of his company in my shop most of the day. I can report he is hooked and will be casting a lot in the future.

I can also report he is a class act and would be welcomed back any time.

L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Scott F
Had an absolute blast today, thank you. Your generosity, depth of knowledge, and excellent company is genuinely appreciated. A guy can read as much as he likes, but nothing beats an in-person tutorial.
When the process got up on step, the mold hot and the boolits dropping clean and easy.. wow. Fish on!
Cigars on me next time, friend.
Dan

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]good physical goals

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It was a fun day.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
now for the GC's on them!

those are some sweet looking bullets for sure! It's addictive too...

NOE bullet moulds has GC's for sale, and he sells moulds too.... smile

can't get one with out the other!

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/product-category/432/

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop/gas-checks-tools/gator-checks-gas-checks/44cal-gc/

Last edited by blammer; 04/21/21.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I really doubt he will push then hard enough to need gas checks. My 45 Colt in both the Blackhawk and my Henry have never needed them even in hot Ruger loads.

L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
^^ That's the plan right there

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by longarm
Scott F
Had an absolute blast today, thank you. Your generosity, depth of knowledge, and excellent company is genuinely appreciated. A guy can read as much as he likes, but nothing beats an in-person tutorial.
When the process got up on step, the mold hot and the boolits dropping clean and easy.. wow. Fish on!
Dan

Is that the Lee 310g 44 bullet? I've been casting those this week. I've been using my 2 cavity mold to get back up to speed on casting but I have the 6 cavity just waiting on some handles that fit. The handles I'd ordered with it were defective and too thick on one side to fit the mold. I've got checks in the way too but I don't know that I really need them.

Bb

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I have a brand new rcbs mould in 44 cal. Drops a 240gr with a gas-checked base. Handles should be coming any day now. Otherwise all i have is 429215s on hand

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Brazos Bullets:

433 count 240gn SWC PB

$49

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Scott F
Dan

Is that the Lee 310g 44 bullet? I've been casting those this week. I've been using my 2 cavity mold to get back up to speed on casting but I have the 6 cavity just waiting on some handles that fit. The handles I'd ordered with it were defective and too thick on one side to fit the mold. I've got checks in the way too but I don't know that I really need them.

Bb

I have both a 6 cavity Lee 310 and a 2 cavity. I haven't tried the 2 cavity yet, but hope I have better luck with it than with the 6. I'm admittedly a noob at casting and couldn't get that 6 cavity to fill out very well.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
bruinruin
Sounds like the mold was not up to temp, the alloy was not up to temp, or the alloy was lacking tin.

That projie shot lights out with 18.5 gr. H110 in a Ruger Super Red Hawk. Right at 1100 fps as I remember.
That is the bottom of recommended loading but it shot the best of the H110 loads, in fact the best loading that revolver shot at 50 yards.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LouisB
bruinruin
Sounds like the mold was not up to temp, the alloy was not up to temp, or the alloy was lacking tin.

That projie shot lights out with 18.5 gr. H110 in a Ruger Super Red Hawk. Right at 1100 fps as I remember.
That is the bottom of recommended loading but it shot the best of the H110 loads, in fact the best loading that revolver shot at 50 yards.

I'm sure you are on the right track and
I have no doubt that it's operator error on my end. I'm pretty much a noob, with only casting less than a thousand or 2 since the mid 90's. The thing is, I've tried other Lee molds and had easy success. This one frustrated me and that's why I picked up the 2 cavity version of the 310.

It's been several years since I last cast that bullet and I made several different attempts. Hotter alloy, cooler alloy. Hot mold, cooler mold, then even hotter mold. I even added some 97/3 solder to the WW alloy in hopes if better fill out.

IIRC, the best bullets came from a very hot mold, but I got a lot of frosted bullets. It seemed like the sweet spot was very narrow, temp-wise.

I did get enough good 310's to load to form an opinion and I agree that they shoot well. I think my load was around 20.5 grains of H110. Seems like I got 1,500-1,600 from my Marlin 1894P's short barrel and about 1,200-1,300 from my 7½" Redhawk.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Scott F
Dan

Bb

Burley,
Apologies for not responding sooner. Yes, those are the Lee 310 grain. What gun(s) are you shooting yours in?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
779 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 87 invisible), 3,073 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,706
Posts18,400,100
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.