How much horsepower does it crank out?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Payments as low as $156.75 per month and free shipping! What's not to like? lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t like the metro-sexual turret caps.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Ho leesh it!

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've been running the Mil version and it's excellent. Reticle is perfection and the glass is excellent. The price is hard to swallow.... I do wish it was a little lighter as well. I'd love to see a 2-10x42 with the same reticle and features at ~20 oz's.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Honest question, what does this offer over the March 1.5-15? I have really been considering it for my primary hunting rifle. It (the March) appears to be lighter, shorter, slightly less expensive, and available with some solid reticle options. I have never even seen either of these scopes in person so I truly am asking. If I spend this much I want to only purchase once!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
Honest question, what does this offer over the March 1.5-15? I have really been considering it for my primary hunting rifle. It (the March) appears to be lighter, shorter, slightly less expensive, and available with some solid reticle options. I have never even seen either of these scopes in person so I truly am asking. If I spend this much I want to only purchase once!

it has a cooler name

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well, to me, there is no such thing as a perfect scope. This model is claimed to be made for low-light hunting, and yet far too much of the reticle illuminates and will negatively affect one's vision under the worst of lighting scenarios. It's expensive but not perfect -- at least not to me.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Funny, that scope doesn't appeal to me at all, regardless of price.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've been running the Mil version and it's excellent. Reticle is perfection and the glass is excellent. The price is hard to swallow.... I do wish it was a little lighter as well. I'd love to see a 2-10x42 with the same reticle and features at ~20 oz's.

Thank you for an actual review from an actual user

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I’ve been looking at that scope for a few days lol - sure would like it a little lighter but otherwise all boxes are checked.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never heard of the brand, must have been under a rock... I'm thinking for that amount of jack, I'm going with a Schmidt Bender Polar.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine is the vortex razor hd lth 3x15x42mm. Great tracking. Great glass. Illumination. 19 oz

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tangent Theta or a Zero Compromise are both pretty impressive. You really got to look thru them to grasp how good they are. The eyebox on both is huge parallex is very forgiving the glass is very clear even at highest setting. If I could afford one I would buy it with no second thought. You need one of these Dan.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I felt the K6 I bought in the ‘60’s was pretty close to perfect

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Thank you for an actual review from an actual user

scenarshooter has been using one for a while and speaks very highly of it. I don't want to speak for him but it's worth reading his comments on it.

Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Well, to me, there is no such thing as a perfect scope. This model is claimed to be made for low-light hunting, and yet far too much of the reticle illuminates and will negatively affect one's vision under the worst of lighting scenarios. It's expensive but not perfect -- at least not to me.

Yes, a large amount of the reticle is illuminated but the low illum settings are low enough that it doesn't wash the image at all. It is worth noting on this that the internal width of the reticle isn't as wide as "most" reticles with this design....so it's actually less than you would think in comparison to most at first glace....but it isn't a simple dot either. I think the glass is the best I've used in any scope and along with the reticle design that has 4 bolder outer posts I didn't need the illum in any of the hunting situations this past year. I did play with the illumination a lot while watching deer way after dark at home and paid a lot of attention to evaluate the washout as it's something that irritates me on a lot of scopes.....on the lowest two settings there was none.

From a quick look, the 1.5-15x42 I saw had a second focal plane reticle. There may be another model with the same power/obj that has a FFP reticle.

I have been thinking a lot about the D24V42FIML (Tactical Turrets, Illuminated, MIL) FML. It comes with a FFP reticle that has 4 outer posts (my preference). Everything I've read on it points to it being extremely finicky in eye placement/parallax. The Tangent Theta is excellent in this area....it's just easy to get behind across the power range. I haven't used the D24V42FIML, and it may be more friendly if limited to the same power range as the Tangent Theta, so I can't really speak on it. Would like to give it a try and compare the two.......feel free to send me one for evaluation and I'll let you know!....grin....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I own the Tangent Theta 315M and it is a very nice scope I also own the Zero Compromise 4x20 and it is also a great scope.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks for the response and information. Sounds like a pretty impressive scope.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
335 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,729
Posts18,400,838
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.