-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 112 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 111 112
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
there is nothing on Netflix or amazon Prime worth giving your money to those enemies of liberty and justice.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Little Things

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by immature
I'm sure I read this on a reputable source. To get realistic sound of cannon shot hitting a ship for Master and Commander the special effects people placed microphones near stacked railroad ties and had civil war reenactors fire cannon balls or shells into the ties.

Cool. I will have to give it a try. Been years, and without Campfire insights.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Prime has Reservoir Dogs this month. Watched it last night. Seen it before, but good the second time, too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tinkered around and got Cinema HD working again last night. Had to delete it and Downloader and start from scratch, but I'm gtg again now with the no-ad version of Cinema HD, and using the new MX Player.

The world is again, my oyster.

Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mbhunt
Just watched "Behind Her Eyes" on netflix. Pretty good series to watch with the wife. A little bit of a mind bender that was well written I thought.

Wife and I watched it and thought it was good.

Murder among the Mormons was interesting. I can remember when that all took place plus seeing that [bleep] in the joint when I worked there in the early 90's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tyrone
there is nothing on Netflix or amazon Prime worth giving your money to those enemies of liberty and justice.

I approve this message.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Tyrone

While this is true there are MANY who know that you don't have to give your hard earned money to either one to enjoy the shows shown on them. ANYONE with any computer ability at all will be watching their shows payment free lickety split.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's been extremely inconvenient, but I cancelled Prime in January. MAGA!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
It's been extremely inconvenient, but I cancelled Prime in January. MAGA!

Wow! Good for you man.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Delirium, on Netflix. It's an "is he hallucinating, or is the house haunted" story. Pretty well done.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Tinkered around and got Cinema HD working again last night. Had to delete it and Downloader and start from scratch, but I'm gtg again now with the no-ad version of Cinema HD, and using the new MX Player.

Lol.

I downloaded Cinema HD to the fire stick yesterday and WOW! I think I could get rid of Amazon and Netflix and not be missing anything. Everything I looked for I found on Cunema HD. What does the MX player do?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by miguel
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Lol.

I downloaded Cinema HD to the fire stick yesterday and WOW! I think I could get rid of Amazon and Netflix and not be missing anything. Everything I looked for I found on Cunema HD. What does the MX player do?

miguel, MX player has been popular for Android for quite a while. 500M downloads, according to them. It got its popularity as a player on Android phones. i never used it that way. Troy of Troypoint.com suggests its use with no-ad Cinema HD. Ads are the #1 complaint with users of the new MX player on their Android phones. Since I'm running it with no-ad Cinema HD, I have zero problems with that. Troy's video on his site shows you how to set it all up.

What I do notice is I can run larger streams up to 1G and above in 1080p without buffering on my older Fire stick. It is also very easy to watch movies and TV shows with subtitles. I watched an Italian movie with subtitles last night called The Immortal, which is related to the excellent tv series Gomorrah. There used to be a learning curve to using subtitles. I have been using mostly Opensubtitles.org for ~ 3 years. But, the MX player made it seamless and painless last night watching The Immortal.

From Troypoint.com site:

"One of the main reasons streamers love MX Player is for its ability to use Subtitles and advanced hardware acceleration.

Oftentimes, using MX Player will result in little to no buffering for all your Movie and TV Show selections!

Because of this feature, we have included MX Player in our Firestick Buffering Guide."

Last edited by local_dirt; 03/10/21.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Watched The Marksman a couple nights ago. Meh.

Watching series Condor now. Not bad.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, get FireStck, and it'll run MX Player sans an Android, or PC, directly on the Smart TV? Looking to expand upon my Roku TV...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Shot Caller, on Netflix. Good prison / gang movie. Stars Jamie Lannister from Game of Thrones.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Age of Samurai, on Netflix. A really good multi-episode history documentary on the civil war period in Japan.

What documentaries on the History Channel used to be like, back before every show featured aliens, pyramids, and the red-headed tranny.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In The Line Of Fire, starring Clint Eastwood is free this month on Prime. I think I only saw it once when it first was in the theaters. As I recall it was pretty good. I think I'll watch it tonight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Chef on Netflix was pretty good. John Favraeuax is a chef that gets the cancel culture treatment and ends up with a Taco truck.

Sophia Vergara, Scarlet Johansen, Dustin Hoffman, John Leguizamo and Robert Downey jr.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 32 of 112 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 111 112

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.