Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Not an anti-vaccer but I'm not going to get an unnecessary shot which will change my lifestyle not at all; not without some pretty compelling evidence. On the other hand, I can certainly understand why some would want to. Now, if getting a vaccine means I can travel to visit my daughter and grandchildren, I'll think it over. If getting the shot means I can start travelling to shoots again. I'll give it some thought. So far, neither of those seem likely. Apart from these things, my lifestyle is unchanged. I don't go to bars or restaurants. I don't like crowds. I live in a semi-remote place. Nobody I know has covid so I can visit them if I wanted to (which mostly I don't). Just not seeing the reason to do it. GD

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My wife and I got our second two weeks ago and came to Vermont Monday to visit our GC, daughter and her husband. FWIW I think it’s definitely worth it, Got measles and mumps back in the day.
I know 6 people who have died from covid and dozens who got it and it ain’t fun. A friend is an infectious disease doc in Florida and he and his wife got the vac.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My cousin E-mailed me " I 'm in !" He is younger than me, but with medical problems.. You could read the relief in his email.. Because each province sets it's own criteria , across the country the vaccinations are uneven. In BC this week, it's born in 1948.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm m waiting to here from my doctor about the second shot.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
I haven’t and don’t care to have an experimental drug which they didn’t do animal tests on. I don’t want to be a lab rat. 98% survival rate. You still can’t do anything without mask and lockdowns will never come off until them morons in the Liberal government are removed. Expect no change in your present life.

Blah, blah, blah. More tinfoil hat trash talk.

I received my first shot a couple of days ago.

Last edited by saddlegun; 04/09/21.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I see that Ontario Conservative Premier Doug Ford just received his first Covid 19 vaccine shot.

He made a point of staging the event as a very public photo opportunity with the media.

Obviously he and his Conservative government staunchly defend their Covid19 measures and lock down.

So, does that mean that the Conservatives are also just a bunch of morons with a fake agenda that need to be removed?

Or, are the anti-vaxers and covid19 conspiracy theorists the morons?

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The publicity revolved around the fact he received the Zenaka vaccine. This is the one around which there has been controversy due to occasional cases of blood clotting. A lot of people are afraid of it for this reason and I believe the government is trying to remove this fear. The deputy premier also got this vaccine a few weeks ago and it was televised.

Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I will repost this. It is a Health Canada link about AZ. It was updated yesterday. I wonder if people who refuse AZ will bump those of us who received it to the front of the line? laugh

Health Canada - AZ vaccine

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
well i have to play here ... i got vaccinated for my second shots and was warned about how sick i can be and i got a bad flue that is still on as of today. got shot friday morning with moderna.

funny the same kind of flue i got last year in february but im not in position to choose as im dealing here with mostly people from abroad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Freedom .Freedom, the starting words from a song in the '60s. Those were the words going through my head yesterday after I got the shot. Freedom from dying ,or worse, long hauling and from having a hospital stay. While after 4 weeks, anyway. Mildly stiff and sore arm for an hour yesterday and I slept in this morning.. It was the Pfizer.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Repost
Had it 3 weeks after both shots couple days pretty rough sinus drainage and bad flu symptoms. Had pneumonia several times before far worse, which is why I took the shots regret doing that now.

Tried in vain to convince wife not to take the shots, but she too second shot got up middle of the night for advil, passed out on falling head hit the gas stove knocked gas knob off and went back to bed. I got up and rechecked stove was still on and not lit! Just came home from a hunting trip who knows what would have happened had I not been home.

If I had a do over would never had taken the shots!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both shots in over two months now, no side effects from either one.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by chris_c
Both shots in over two months now, no side effects YET, from either one.

There fixed it for ya wink

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Both shots in over two months now, no side effects from either one.

Wonderful! I am patiently waiting for my second.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by yukon254
Both shots in over two months now, no side effects YET, from either one.

There fixed it for ya wink

Nothing to fix, I don't judge or berate anyone on their choice to vax or not. Question was asked I answered.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
This fellow has the credentials behind him. He's not an anti vaxer. The variants have been identified. Any truth to what he is saying ? I certainly hope not, for all our sakes. It does make me wonder though. He doesnt seem crazy, and his credentials check out.

https://urgentactnow.com/genocide/

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The wife, and I had the first. So far-----.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The wife, and I had the first. So far-----.

You read about J&J this morning?? Blood clots with this one too. Kind of odd, three different vaccines all with the same issues. Blood clots obviously cause heart attacks and strokes. Wonder how long before they start watching to see if theres an increase in those events..

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our's was not the J&J. Moderna, I believe.

Son Jake turned down the J&J.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The anti-vacc’rs people were not all stupid or conspiracy nuts...even before this past year. But the events of 2020 have done more to cause distrust in all things government and medicine than any others in the modern past.

Take statistics that have been spun, governors that have become little Henry the Vlll clones, conflicting messages and lies from the media, anecdotes that don’t add up, and physicians that do not agree on medications with which to treat COVID-19. Some of it contrary to experience or evidence elsewhere.

Add making vaccines that normally require a four or five year process and truncating the whole thing to one year, abbreviating or leaving out some testing steps. And depending on your sources, add about half of frontline health care workers who declined being vaccinated.

Then there are the vaccines themselves and the horrible or fatal responses, whether statistically significant or not, that impress us by their nasty nature. There is the question of fetal material in the J&J vax, and mRNA in the Moderna one, the propriety or safety of which are reasonably questioned.

As an exclamation point, here in the US, add the utter incompetence or evil or both of the new administration, displayed in just a brief three and a half months, added to that party’s lawless response across the nation since last March.

If trust in government could now be measured on the Bell Curve in real time, in the US, it would be low and on the right hand side..

For example see the US’ New Medicine: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/insanity-of-woke-medicine/.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 04/13/21.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.