Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Any of you order one lately? I'm thinking about ordering one for my new 6x45.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
No idea but I’m at about a month now and no word. Of course I knew that when I ordered it would be a while. Rumor at that time was sixish weeks so I hope I’m close.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Brownells has the Geiselle G2S in stock if you wanted a good trigger sooner.

Semper Fi
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I just received one. It is the straight trigger model. It took 4 weeks from order date to ship date. A very nice upgrade to the mil-spec that was in my new Stag.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D
BSA, have you tried the CMC 3 gun cartridge trigger? I have a few and they are an excellent trigger and can be found for $130 for the 2.5lb version

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Usually around a month or so...............not really bad unless you just gotta have it today.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Darryle
BSA, have you tried the CMC 3 gun cartridge trigger? I have a few and they are an excellent trigger and can be found for $130 for the 2.5lb version

Thanks for the suggestion Darryle. I'm actually pulling the CMC single stage out of the rifle and wanting to replace it with a good 2 stage trigger. I like the single stage CMC, but prefer a good 2 stage over it. I'm wanting to keep the price down and like the 3.5 pound range for a 2 stage. I've tried lighter, but don't really like lighter in my AR's. The Geisselle SSA-E is about as light as I want to go. So it sounds like there is at least a month wait for these fine triggers. I might just have to do a trigger swap. I have a good RRA varmint/match in my Armalite AR10308 that I may just trade with this 6x45. Thanks for everyones imput.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I received some disappointing news from LaRue yesterday. I contacted them because they had charged my card for the lower I ordered. Found out that they had indeed shipped which is good. I asked about the rest of the order, mainly the SUURG upper kit and was told lead times were 6-8 months.😳 I politely pointed out that the website still says 8-12 weeks like it did when I ordered it a month ago but that didn’t get a response. I asked if they could get a serial number for the can to my dealer so I could start the transfer and get the NFA wait out of the way at the same time and was told no.😢 Nothing like having a couple grand earmarked for a toy you can’t play with for a year and a half.

Last edited by Crimson Mister; 03/17/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4-6 months has been my experience over the last year.

Last edited by Beoceorl; 03/18/21.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What did the company tell you when you called to ask lead times? Curious how that compares to others deliveries.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

That's what I was worried about. They are a little vague on their website. I saw a review where they were pretty disappointed by the time it took to receive the trigger. I guess I could order one now and expect it by Thanksgiving? Ha ha.. Took care of the problem though, just using one of my RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers... CMC single stage went into the Armalite AR10T.. Which is probably going up for sale soon.. Still debating that one though..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

That's what I was worried about. They are a little vague on their website. I saw a review where they were pretty disappointed by the time it took to receive the trigger. I guess I could order one now and expect it by Thanksgiving? Ha ha.. Took care of the problem though, just using one of my RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers... CMC single stage went into the Armalite AR10T.. Which is probably going up for sale soon.. Still debating that one though..

Okay, in the interest of accuracy (and fairness to Larue) I went back and reviewed my orders over the last year. The last trigger I ordered was on 7/6/2020, and it shipped 9/25/2020. Other items have taken 4 months and longer to ship. It does look like they split up orders, and ship the parts they do have when they come back in stock.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've ordered 3 since December, 1 & then 2; 1st one shipped within a week, The other 2, ordered in Jan., shipped in 4 weeks, along with some other items.

YMMV

MM

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
A month isn't a big deal really, but if I had a rifle ready to go and it was truly gonna be 4 months or more, I would look at some cassette triggers myself. The Larue is pretty nice but I don't know if it is 4 months nicer than a 3.5 pound cassette trigger. Just my two cents.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by auk1124
A month isn't a big deal really, but if I had a rifle ready to go and it was truly gonna be 4 months or more, I would look at some cassette triggers myself. The Larue is pretty nice but I don't know if it is 4 months nicer than a 3.5 pound cassette trigger. Just my two cents.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about a 4 week wait time. I installed a RRA 2 stage varmint and also bought another one locally (yesterday). My LGS had one on the shelf for $90.00. I figured I'd buy it and have a spare. The RRA 2 stage varmint works just fine, and at 3.5 pounds it's just about right for my uses. I was shooting the rifle today and it's a 1.2 moa rifle as we speak. Still need to fine tune some loads. As soon as I get some more AR Comp powder, the rifle may surprise me. Running AA2015, LT32, RL7 and some H4895 and she's pretty consistent. Weather was crappy today (wind and rain), but not going to blame the group sizes on that. If a guy can't shoot in a little wind and rain, he shouldn't be shooting. At least that's what my Army ranger buddy told me at the range today. He didn't stick around long though. Just long enough to test some 62 gr Hornady FMJ's he got from midsouth. I think he fired off one 9 shot group and packed up his chidt. Freekin airborne rangers anyway. Mostly all talk.. Trigger was nice, so I'm glad I got that taken care of...

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I ordered a Larue trigger three weeks ago. Upon reading this I’m getting concerned.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RMerta
I ordered a Larue trigger three weeks ago. Upon reading this I’m getting concerned.

Keep us posted. Who knows, maybe it will show up in a week?

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Will do!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks RMerta. If it isn't too long of a wait, I may buy one. I may need a replacement trigger for my new BCM. I'm not going to wait 2-4 months for one though. Oops, I can hear the naysayers now. I'm turning the mo fo into a "franken gun".. Ha ha.. I'm pulling the new green mountain barrel off of my 10-22 as well. Going to buy a Kidd instead. Oh shidt, is it even a Ruger anymore?

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I ordered one on feb 26, I got an immediate notice it was on back order, no updates since.

Sean
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.