Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
Couple new clips for my gun

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just for the weather to be right for once. wink

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I could go tomorrow. But there was this rifle that followed me home a month ago, I need to work up a load for it.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I need a tree. So I have a place to put a tree stand.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Need? Nothing.

Want?
- rebuild the ladder/porch on my blind so I can get the grand dads up there with my boys without someone dying.
- work up a new load for my 243
- trim a few trees
- fix the windows and build a shelf in my blind
- probably something else I forgot

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I need to shoot in the new crossbow. Scope the mountain ascent, reload for it and shoot it in. Waiting for Giraud to show up so I can reload with it.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
All I need is some range time. Just put together 18 different loads for my 308 and need to shoot some groups

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Ha! I will be on my usual routine through the summer searching for a few 150"+ Whitetail bucks to hunt this Fall....Good hunting....Hb

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just need to put gas and grub in the truck.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the season were to start tomorrow, I'd be kind of stuck. I spend a couple weekends well ahead of season dressing the stands and blinds.

Most of the stands have a camo shower curtain to put over the shooting rail. I add foam pipe insulation so I've got a padded rail. The tower blind has a camo skit that goes all the way around. The ground blinds all have camp chairs that we have to deliver. Each hunting venue takes about 15-20 minutes for setup.

We have one new stand that Angus wants to set up at a new location at the far extremity of the farm. It's one of those 2-man buddy ladder. We can roll a truck to within 30 yards of the tree. It's just a matter of getting it up. That will be erected in August or September.

We need to clear shooting lanes at the Lazy Boy blind. The cedars have really grown up.

The neighbor back in the city has recently torn down a privacy fence. If I can get a trailer, I'm thinking of hauling the sections down and using them for another ground blind.

The rest of it is all sorted out. Rifles and ammo? Check. Clothes? Check. All I need to do is load the coolers and stop at Krogers on the way down.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A big, fat, stupid, buck.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I need to find two more spots to sit my guests and put up one or two ladder stands. I need to lose another 40-50 lbs and keep improving my conditioning with my daily walks , bike rides and weekend kayaking. I will need to check my zero on my two deer rifles but I reckon they are right on. If I want to get in the woods a few days early I will need to sight in my ML.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I need an up north place near the cottage where I can actually have a chance of seeing a deer. Between the Wolves and the Indians, both of which get to hunt year round, I saw several Chickadees and a red squirrel opening weekend last season.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwall
Nothing.

If season started tomorrow I could go.

Jerry

Originally Posted by elkmen1
October

Ya !!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
A place in Pennsylvania to go to.
Wife and I used to rent a "vacation home" from an older couple we were friends with. Really an old, mouse-ridden mobile home on a mountainside in PA, but we loved deer hunting there. Sadly, both recently passed within less than a year of each other. Husband died first, his wife was so heartbroken that she joined him soon after. A real love story.

I've always loved rifles and hunting with them, but here in NJ, it's bows, MZ's and shotguns only.
"Little Ned", my 257 Roberts, is sprouting cobwebs.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Wife and I used to rent a "vacation home" from an older couple we were friends with. Really an old, mouse-ridden mobile home on a mountainside in PA, but we loved deer hunting there. Sadly, both recently passed within less than a year of each other. Husband died first, his wife was so heartbroken that she joined him soon after. A real love story.

I've always loved rifles and hunting with them, but here in NJ, it's bows, MZ's and shotguns only.

Allegheny National Forest.....I don't care what anyone says...there are deer here

Hunt...
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'll be heading down to the hunting camp tomorrow to check on my usual stand. It gets a bit of paint and a good cleaning out every spring. Other than that all the deer hunting gear gets basic maintenance before it is put away. Everything is in the same place every time. Being able to grab gear and go makes hunting much more fun.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CBB
Originally Posted by JeffyD

Allegheny National Forest.....I don't care what anyone says...there are deer here

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that area.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
November.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
License and tag, and I can be out the door in 15 minutes.

1Minute
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 70 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.