Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I still maintain that this Ramsey guy is a fugging kook.

I am MAGA.
GB1

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Keep in mind, it's not like she just called called into the office for showing a baby bump. She was requesting paid leave, and special considerations for her being old.

Yeah, lets hire more women. crazy

Ummm, those laws she was requesting to use exist for a reason.

Didn't say they weren't laws.

Yeah, it's amazing what women's lib has done for the country.

rah rah rah

She probably identifies as a frontline worker too. Hero!

Womens lib? You know 40% of our workforce, including me, qualify and use FMLA(and in some circumstances ADA) every day for numerous reasons. One going for cancer treatments right now, anothers child cancer treatments. A lot of spouses of disabled vets taking their loved ones to the VA. On and on. Has nothing to do with "womens lib"

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's only premarital sex if you intend to marry.....Otherwise it's just sex...

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is she hot?
Can she make a sandwich?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Womens lib? You know 40% of our workforce, including me, qualify and use FMLA(and in some circumstances ADA) every day for numerous reasons. One going for cancer treatments right now, anothers child cancer treatments. A lot of spouses of disabled vets taking their loved ones to the VA. On and on. Has nothing to do with "womens lib"

I think you will find that many people wonder why the employer is expected to pay for their employees personal circumstances. I'm not sure how a logical argument can be made to make the employer practically responsible for the personal predicaments of their employees.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65

Wrong again

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
"fired for........." headlines and stories usually leave out the real reason for the termination. This one included. In Florida, you don't need a reason to fire someone.
That maybe true in most cases but you can still lose a case if you discriminate against someone for things like disability, religion or lack of religious belief, sexual orientation, treating employees differently because of pregnancy, political affiliation and so on. You can't hold an employee to a contract where they agreed to be treated unlawfully by you. Dave will learn.

no disagreement there

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is it not interesting that a private company sets some standards important to its enterprise - whether agreeable or not to the general populace - and is to be criticized for dong so?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dutch

I think you will find that many people wonder why the employer is expected to pay for their employees personal circumstances. I'm not sure how a logical argument can be made to make the employer practically responsible for the personal predicaments of their employees.

Now wait, theres give and take. Actually a lot of take if you file FMLA. For instance where I work if you file FMLA when you take a day they take and pay you your vacation day. No law states a company has to give anyone vacation, its a benefit they freely give their employees. Whether they take vacation or take FMLA that employee wouldnt have been there.

Now, once the employees vacation is exhausted, the employee is allowed the FMLA day off without pay. The employer is burdened at that point, ill agree. But so is the employee, no pay. No, the employer cannot terminate the employee....but thats a good thing right? Do we want millions of people on SSI? Food stamps? Because thats what would happen if we had no protections in place.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Now wait, theres give and take. Actually a lot of take if you file FMLA. For instance where I work if you file FMLA when you take a day they take and pay you your vacation day. No law states a company has to give anyone vacation, its a benefit they freely give their employees. Whether they take vacation or take FMLA that employee wouldnt have been there.

Now, once the employees vacation is exhausted, the employee is allowed the FMLA day off without pay. The employer is burdened at that point, ill agree. But so is the employee, no pay. No, the employer cannot terminate the employee....but thats a good thing right? Do we want millions of people on SSI? Food stamps? Because thats what would happen if we had no protections in place.

Maybe we could get back to personal responsibility. Like if I can't afford the days off. Or the bills. Etc.. then I shouldn't get pregnant and have a child? It would be a hell of a start.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

FMLA says nothing about paying for your time off. It only guarantees you will have a job when you are ready to come back, within time constraints.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

FMLA says nothing about paying for your time off. It only guarantees you will have a job when you are ready to come back, within time constraints.

DOL gives employers 4 options how to use FMLA. I have the info on my laptop, but you might be right as far as pay. Those options might only pertain to calculating time off.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495

Maybe we could get back to personal responsibility. Like if I can't afford the days off. Or the bills. Etc.. then I shouldn't get pregnant and have a child? It would be a hell of a start.

Companies dont give a schit about what you think is responsible or ethical. Only bottom dollar, which is why these laws were needed and enacted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

If one of my employees doesn't show up for six months, I have to hire someone to fill in. You ever tried to get someone to move their family to BF, Idaho, for a six month gig? And they'd be living in a camper, because there's no housing at any price. Or run everyone into the ground with extra hours, which is impossible in the summer, because there AREN'T any extra hours.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I still maintain that this Ramsey guy is a fugging kook

I'd agree

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This has been an ongoing thing with Dave Ramsey/Ramsey Solutions.

"Ms. O’Connor finally had a meeting with the head of Human Resources and the board members and was informed she was being terminated due to her pregnancy and for a violation of 'company conduct,' because she is not married to her partner, the baby’s father," Collins wrote in the suit. "Ramsey contends that her committed relationship and her pregnancy are a violation of its 'righteous living' policy."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...-caitlin-oconnor-franklin-tn/5482489002/

But now Chris Hogan is out too...not sure what he did exactly but....

Father of the baby---maybe? shocked crazy

Tarquin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

FMLA doesn’t have to be paid. But it does have to be granted. Some pay, some don’t.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Ramsey tries to run his company in accordance with Biblical standards and sex outside of marriage is outside of those standards. With people involved in sin, the Bible says to go to them and try to help them clean up their act. Forgive them and try to help them. But, if they won't comply and continue with the sin, give them the toss. I have no idea how much of a chance to change she was given but I suspect it was considerable simply because that's the Biblical way to handle the situation.

Wonder what kind of sin Ramsey is involved with? 😁

Apparently you arent listening. Dave Ramsey does not sin.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty simple to me.
She signed a contract, and violated it.

There are no constitional rights in employment.
No freedom of speech,
No freedom to hand out fliers,
No freedom to promote your (employees religon).

Plus all you union haters love at will employment, and pretty
Tn fits that Bill.

Even here in Pa we are At Will.
You can fire any (non-union) person...because you want to.
The only issue is whether they were fired for cause. If not,
they can get unemployment .

Or, if they can claim some sexual or racial discrimination.

Wonder how many defending her would be, if it was a guy?

Caught giving black truckers head through the glory hole in the
rest area bathroom?

And explain why that should be different?

Without trying to push your morals on others.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.