Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
When Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man. Man was freed from old Jewish laws such as the sabbath or not eating pork.

This is where Christian faith diverges from Judaism.

Right

After the cross we are no longer un the Mosaic Law, we are now under Grace

Thot erbody knowd dat sheeit

That being said, the Lord’s Day and all... I was running the bush hog tractor on a Sunday and hit a nest of yellow jackets.

Too bad God does’t smite those jackasses waxing their boats when I see them on my way to church.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dog looks smart !

Does he have an active sock puppet running wild here?

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah really !!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HC is a zealot nutcase whose threads only accomplish jamming up a otherwise mostly good forum.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
When Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man. Man was freed from old Jewish laws such as the sabbath or not eating pork.

By that logic it also frees us from the rest of the 10 commandments as well, such as thou shall not commit murder, theft, adultery and bearing false witness.

Well, we don’t have to bring two turtles to the alter any more.

2 cherry Jolly Ranchers and $20 bill is still good to go though

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Backroads
Lol, do you trust your wife to drive your jet boat?

Wifey drives the cshit out of our boat, she loads and unloads it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Excellent looking Dog.

I pretty much keep my relationship with Jesus to myself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Dog looks smart !

😬🦫

That’s clearly the middlechild.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Smart looking dog👍👍👍

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They look like that when theyre about to get leftover French toast stix

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord

Too bad God does’t smite those jackasses waxing their boats when I see them on my way to church.

Well, He gave them a boat, isn't that enough?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They look like that when theyre about to get leftover French toast stix

All of em do..

Hell I look like that at shoneys for french toast at the buffet.
You have seen it.

LOL!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole

Well, He gave them a boat, isn't that enough?

haha
They must be living better than me

Great point

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Dog looks smart !

😬🦫

That’s clearly the middlechild.

Clearly....

LMAO

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You are fond of pointing out our failings and making promises as to what will become of all us heathens. I have a question for you.

Do you honor your God in the most basic of ways? Do you keep his commandments?

More specifically, do you keep the fourth commandment?

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Do you make excuses and equivocate that the 4'th Commandment is no longer relevant?
Do you claim the day does not matter, as long as one keeps any day?

Do you not recognize that the Sabbath was changed to Sunday by a man for reasons of wealth and power, and not changed by God?

Is not God Omniscient? Would he not know in the day of Moses what day he wished us to keep Sabbath in the 20'th or 21'st Century?

Would He have not written "Remember the Seventh Day and keep it Holy, well until it becomes inconvenient, then switch to the First Day if you feel like it."

Do you not recognize that working on the True Sabbath is the "Mark in the Hand"? And believing on the false Sabbath is the "Mark in the Forehead"?

Do you not recognize that "he who teaches the false Sabbath" is the Anti-Christ?
I mean no offense to you here, honestly. Why does Camper irritate so many on here? If you don't believe the way he does and don't have an interest in converting him to your belief system, why do you care? You don't even have to formally put him on Ignore, simply scroll on by his posts. Unlike Steelhead and some others from the past who were/are asswholes of the first order, ready, willing and able to use the most base insults just to entertain themselves, Camper seems to revel in religious posts specifically about the apocalypse, etc. If it is not a topic of interest to you, scroll on.

Christians should take note of the level of animosity towards the Camper and wonder why this is. That is, if they don't already at least, have an inkling...

If Safariman even was/is a Christian...and I'm not making a judgement on that, he was an obvious crook on here for a long time before the 'fire collectively and with good reason, turned on him. Camper seems to have been hated from Day One. Curious, is it not?

No offense, and I wish you and yours well in these troubled time periods and daylight savings, the last days and whatnot.

Plus 1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man. Man was freed from old Jewish laws such as the sabbath or not eating pork. This is where Christian faith diverges from Judaism.
By that logic it also frees us from the rest of the 10 commandments as well, such as thou shall not commit murder, theft, adultery and bearing false witness.
I believe Jesus’ followers are accountable to His New Covenant command. Not the 10 commandments or anything else in the rest of the Mosaic Law. If one abides by Jesus’ New Covenant command, it covers ‘all’ of the Law and the Prophets. One can keep all 10 of the 10 commandments and follow the rest of the Mosaic Law almost perfectly...as Saul of Tarsus did...and still be a hateful bigot who despised Gentiles and Christians, and even saw to it that Christians were persecuted, tortured, and killed. Then he met the risen Jesus and everything changed. Paul went from a violence leveraging, Mosaic Law keeping Pharisee...to a “As I have loved you, so you must love one another” Jesus follower in a day...because he better than anyone understood the stark contrast between what had come before, and the kingdom Jesus came to introduce.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

No not at all. The plan of salvation is laid out in the New Testament. Though you’re right in the most technical sense. A murder, adulterer, and liar will certainly go to heaven if they repent of the sin and believe in the lord.

I’m not going to question anyone else’s faith or lack there of as it’s none of by business but for someone bringing up the Bible and religious views. The above comments are the basic cornerstones of Christian faith and teachings.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 03/19/21.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Gentiles aren't under the law
Ro 6:14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Jesus fulfilled the law and condensed it into these 2 commands:
Mt 22:37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
38 This is the great and first commandment.
39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

All due respect here.

But does not our interpretation of the Bible have to adhere to some rules of logic?

If Old Testament Law becomes null and void at the moment of Jesus's sacrifice, does that not have to mean ALL Old Testament Law?

Not only the other Nine Commandments, but all of Leviticus? If folks are free to pick just any day of the week as Sabbath? If folks are now free to eat and serve food to others with the same hand they just used to wipe their butt? (no paper in those days) If folks are now free to consume all manner of unclean flesh?

Are we not also free to fornicate at will, steal from the offering plate? Free to commit adultery, incest, beastiality, and all other forms of lewd behavior? Free to drink the strong liquor to great excess?

Yes, it makes sense that a Great Sacrifice eliminated the need for ritual blood sacrifice. But to do away with all law which separated God's Chosen from the riff raff of the world and had kept those people healthy and prosperous since the time of Moses?

There is only one justification to teach that laws of washing, unclean flesh, etc are no longer relevant. That justification was to bring greater masses under the umbrella of the priesthood so they could collect greater revenue in Tithe and Offerings.

The priests were certainly not giving up their Tithes and Offerings as part of abandoning Old Testament Law. It seems they only abandoned the parts which might increase their profits at the temples.

If we need no longer keep the Seventh Day as Sabbath, why keep any day at all?

Following are some tidbits I found this morning with a few minutes on the old Google.

Who changed the Sabbath to Sunday?
Emperor Constantine I
On March 7, 321, however, Roman Emperor Constantine I issued a civil decree making Sunday a day of rest from labor, stating: All judges and city people and the craftsmen shall rest upon the venerable day of the sun.

Some might claim this passage from Exodus means only Jews are bound by Sabbath Law. I find that claim ridiculous as at the time it was written "Israelites" refers to ALL followers of God.
12 Then the Lord said to Moses, 13 “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy. 14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of Sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death. 16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. 17 It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/who-changed-the-sabbath
Did Jesus change the Sabbath day?

According to Jesus, the Ten Commandments and all the moral principles in the Old Testament Scriptures are not subject to change; they are to continue to guide His followers:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:17-19).

Jesus faithfully honored and observed the Sabbath. He is our example in Sabbath-keeping. “He [Jesus] came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day” (Luke 4:16).

Looking to the future, Jesus wanted His disciples to continue experiencing the joys of true Sabbath-keeping. He instructed them to pray that, during the siege, they would not have to flee from Jerusalem on the Sabbath. “Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath” (Matthew 24:20).

Did the disciples change the Sabbath?

James, the first leader of the early Christian church, wrote concerning the Ten Commandments:

“For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, ‘Do not commit adultery,’ also said, ‘Do not murder.’ Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law” (James 2:10, 11).

Luke, a physician and evangelist in the early church, reports:

“On the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met there” (Acts 16:13).

Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, who wrote much of the New Testament, affirms:

“For He [God] has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: ‘And God rested on the seventh day from all His works’ [see Genesis 2:2]. . . . There remains therefore a [Sabbath] rest for the people of God” (Hebrews 4:4, 9).
Learn More: What did Paul say about the Sabbath in Romans 14:5?

The New Testament book of Acts mentions 84 different Sabbaths observed by the apostles, all of them more than 14 years after the resurrection of Jesus.

2 Sabbaths at Antioch - (Acts 13:14, 42, 44)
1 Sabbath at Philippi - (Acts 16:12, 13)
3 Sabbaths at Thessalonica - (Acts 17:1, 2)
78 Sabbaths at Corinth - (Acts 18:1, 4, 11)

What motivation did Constantine have to change the Sabbath?
https://www.sabbathtruth.com/sabbath-history/how-the-sabbath-was-changed

No Change Documented in the Bible
In both Old and New Testament there is not a shadow of variation in the doctrine of the Sabbath. The seventh day, Saturday, is the only day ever designated by the term Sabbath in the entire Bible. Not only was Jesus a perfect example in observing the weekly seventh-day Sabbath, but all His disciples followed the same pattern after Jesus had gone back to heaven. Yet no intimation of any change of the day is made. The apostle Paul, who wrote pages of counsel about lesser issues of Jewish and Gentile conflicts, had not one word to say about any controversy over the day of worship. Circumcision, foods offered to idols, and other Jewish customs were readily challenged by early Gentile Christians in the church, but the weightier matter of weekly worship never was an issue. Why? For the simple reason that no change was made from the historic seventh day of Old Testament times, and from creation itself. Had there been a switch from the Sabbath to the first day of the week, you can be sure the controversy would have been more explosive than any other to those Jewish Christians.

History Gives Some Clues
If the change did not take place in the Scriptures or through the influence of the apostles, when and how did it happen? In order to understand this, we must understand what happened in that early church soon after the apostles passed off the stage of action. Paul had prophesied that apostasy would take place soon after his departure. He said there would be a falling away from the truth. One doesn’t have to read very far in early church history to see just how that prophecy was fulfilled. Gnosticism began to rise up under the influence of philosophers who sought to reconcile Christianity with Paganism. At the same time, a strong anti-Jewish sentiment became more widespread. Very speculative interpretations began to appear regarding some of the great doctrines of Christ and the apostles.

The Conversion of Constantine
ConstantineBy the time Constantine was established as the emperor of Rome in the early fourth century, there was a decided division in the church as a result of all these factors. I think most of you know that Constantine was the first so-called Christian emperor of the Roman Empire. The story of his conversion has become very well known to students of ancient history. He was marching forth to fight the battle of Milvian Bridge when he had some kind of vision, and saw a flaming cross in the sky. Underneath the cross were the Latin words meaning “In this sign conquer.” Constantine took this as an omen that he should be a Christian, and his army as well. He declared all his pagan soldiers to be Christians, and became very zealous to build up the power and prestige of the church. Through his influence great blocks of pagans were taken into the Christian ranks. But, friends, they were still pagan at heart, and they brought in much of the paraphernalia of sun-worship to which they continued to be devoted. We mentioned in a previous broadcast about the adoption of Christmas and Easter into the church. At the same time, many other customs were Christianized and appropriated into the practice of the church as well.

Sun Worship
You see, at that time the cult of Mithraism or sun-worship was the official religion of the Roman Empire. It stood as the greatest competitor to the new Christian religion. It had its own organization, temples, priesthood, robes—everything. It also had an official worship day on which special homage was given to the sun. That day was called “The Venerable Day of the Sun.” It was the first day of the week, and from it we get our name Sunday. When Constantine pressed his pagan hordes into the church they were observing the day of the sun for their adoration of the sun god. It was their special holy day. In order to make it more convenient for them to make the change to the new religion, Constantine accepted their day of worship, Sunday, instead of the Christian Sabbath which had been observed by Jesus and His disciples. Remember that the way had been prepared for this already by the increasing anti-Jewish feelings against those who were accused of putting Jesus to death. Those feelings would naturally condition many Christians to swing away from something which was held religiously by the Jews. It is therefore easier to understand how the change was imposed on Christianity through a strong civil law issued by Constantine as the Emperor of Rome. The very wording of that law, by the way, can be found in any reliable encyclopedia. Those early Christians, feeling that the Jews should not be followed any more than necessary, were ready to swing away from the Sabbath which was kept by the Jews.

Historical Accounts
Some of you may be greatly surprised by the explanation I’ve just made, and I’m not going to ask you to believe it blindly. I have before me a multitude of authorities to verify what has been said. Here are historians, Catholics and Protestants, speaking in harmony about what actually took place in the fourth century. After Constantine made the initial pronouncement and legal decree about the change, the Catholic Church reinforced that act in one church council after another. For this reason, many, many official statements from Catholic sources are made, claiming that the church made the change from Saturday to Sunday. But before I read those statements I shall refer to one from the Encyclopedia Britannica under the article, Sunday. Notice: “It was Constantine who first made a law for the proper observance of Sunday and who appointed that it should be regularly celebrated throughout the Roman empire.” Now you can check these statements in your own encyclopedias or go to the library and look into other historical sources.

Here is a statement from Dr. Gilbert Murray, M.A., D.Litt., LLD, FBA, Professor of Greek at Oxford University, who certainly had no ax to grind concerning Christian thought on the Sabbath question. He wrote: “Now since Mithras was the sun, the Unconquered, and the sun was the Royal Star, the religion looked for a king whom it could serve as a representative of Mithras upon earth. The Roman Emperor seemed to be clearly indicated as the true king. In sharp contrast to Christianity, Mithraism recognized Caesar as the bearer of divine grace. It had so much acceptance that it was able to impose on the Christian world its own sun-day in place of the Sabbath; its sun’s birthday, the 25th of December, as the birthday of Jesus.” History of Christianity in the Light of Modern Knowledge.

Looking a bit further into historical statements, Dr. William Frederick says: “The Gentiles were an idolatrous people who worshipped the sun, and Sunday was their most sacred day. Now in order to reach the people in this new field, it seems but natural as well as necessary to make Sunday the rest day of the church. At this time it was necessary for the church to either adopt the Gentile’s day or else have the Gentiles change their day. To change the Gentiles day would have been an offense and stumbling block to them. The church could naturally reach them better by keeping their day.” There it is, friends, a clear explanation by Dr. Frederick as to how this change happened. Another statement very parallel to this one is found in the North British Review.

But let’s move on to a statement from the Catholic Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 153. “The church after changing the day of rest from the Jewish Sabbath or seventh-day of the week to the first, made the third commandment refer to Sunday as the day to be kept holy as the Lord’s day.”

Catholicism Takes Credit for the Change
St. Peter's Square and BasilicaNow a quote from the Catholic Press newspaper in Sidney, Australia. “Sunday is a Catholic institution and its claims to observance can be defended only on Catholic principles. From the beginning to end of Scripture there is not a single passage that warrants the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day of the week to the first.”

The Catholic Mirror of September 23, 1894, puts it this way: “The Catholic Church for over one thousand years before the existence of a Protestant by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday.”

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Backroads
Lol, do you trust your wife to drive your jet boat?

Yes. Airboat too

How about an air fryer?

Wife wants to look into gettin' one of those.

You can recommend a good one?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well, we don’t have to bring two turtles to the alter any more.

2 cherry Jolly Ranchers and $20 bill is still good to go though

Can't remember the last time the Heavens spoke and told me to sacrifice a lamb either.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 51 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.