Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yep, that's what I paid for them too. I'm hoping the blue crap doesn't hurt the bore on my new barrel. Ha ha..

They seem to shoot well enough. Not done with load development yet, but I doubt I'll find anymore of these blue pills... I'm thinking about launching some of them into some local yotes... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yep, that's what I paid for them too. I'm hoping the blue crap doesn't hurt the bore on my new barrel. Ha ha..

They seem to shoot well enough. Not done with load development yet, but I doubt I'll find anymore of these blue pills... I'm thinking about launching some of them into some local yotes... grin

I got some 85 grainers up stairs right now!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have some blue ones on the shelf

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have some 130 grain 270's

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I have some in .308, .284, and .338.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495

Rost, do you use those in your 6WOA? From what I hear, they work well on varmints and are pretty accurate. I think the VLC bullets I have are discontinued and have a lead core, unlike some of the coated monometals (XLC version). I was just glad to find these at a small country store that has a small amount of guns and reloading supplies. I was looking on the bottom shelf (yes on my hands and knees, crawling around on the floor) and they were tucked way in the back. Who knows how long they were there. The store is weird, I grabbed a bag of chips and a monster mocha and laid those bullets up on the counter and the young kid didn't think anything of it. I think if the gun counter guy would have been around he would have said, wait that is an old price. Ha ha. I actually had a guy at a small gunshop in Reno tell me that recently (last month).

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Got some loaded up for testing 30-06 when Barnes quit them. Never shot them, but I may use them for practice.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Never got around to buying any of the Blue Meanies. But then, I dislike cleaning to begin with.......

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Rost, do you use those in your 6WOA? From what I hear, they work well on varmints and are pretty accurate. I think the VLC bullets I have are discontinued and have a lead core, unlike some of the coated monometals (XLC version). I was just glad to find these at a small country store that has a small amount of guns and reloading supplies. I was looking on the bottom shelf (yes on my hands and knees, crawling around on the floor) and they were tucked way in the back. Who knows how long they were there. The store is weird, I grabbed a bag of chips and a monster mocha and laid those bullets up on the counter and the young kid didn't think anything of it. I think if the gun counter guy would have been around he would have said, wait that is an old price. Ha ha. I actually had a guy at a small gunshop in Reno tell me that recently (last month).

They just are sitting somewhere. I've never tried them in the WOA. Used em in a 243 and some 30 cal for a bit, then they quit. Like others they just sit somewhere in the back cause your can't get more.

I am wondering now if that coating isn't more ceramic like we powder coat cast bullets these days.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

They just are sitting somewhere. I've never tried them in the WOA. Used em in a 243 and some 30 cal for a bit, then they quit. Like others they just sit somewhere in the back cause your can't get more.

I am wondering now if that coating isn't more ceramic like we powder coat cast bullets these days.

I'm not sure. I do know it is very slick. I'm going to load up the rest I have and save them for some yotes and varmints. Since I can't get anymore, I figure I'll burn them up and move on to something more plentiful.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave Scovill wrote about how when they were experimenting with the TSX, they turned grooves on the blue ones. The result was very “fetching”.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Dave Scovill wrote about how when they were experimenting with the TSX, they turned grooves on the blue ones. The result was very “fetching”.

The ones I posted have a lead core, so not quite the same thing as the TSX, but more like the newer match burners. A further note, I don't see any anomalies in the rifling after shooting these either. The first gen TSX without the groves had all kinds of problems. Again, don't know if you can compare those problems to a lead cored bullet?

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How long did it take to get your 6x45 barrel? I might go pick up one of the many new AR’s still for sale around here. Then put another barrel on it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
How long did it take to get your 6x45 barrel? I might go pick up one of the many new AR’s still for sale around here. Then put another barrel on it.

About 4 days.. Its been a fun project. I've been enjoying shooting it. I already had a lot of .243 bullets and 223 rem brass. 6mm bullets are still pretty plentiful around here as well. I bought another 500 75gr sierra h.p's yesterday at a local shop. She had them reasonably priced. I still see a lot of 6mm bullets on the shelves at different stores too. Or I should say, more 6mm bullets than anything else on the shelves, besides .338 bullets. I guess a lot of guys don't shoot .243's or .338's..??

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348

The ones I posted have a lead core, so not quite the same thing as the TSX, but more like the newer match burners. A further note, I don't see any anomalies in the rifling after shooting these either. The first gen TSX without the groves had all kinds of problems. Again, don't know if you can compare those problems to a lead cored bullet?

I have never had a problem with a TSX.

X bullets I had a problem with one. 45 gn IIRC in a 22-250 Should have stabilized. They did. Into about 14 inch groups at 100. But point on. Those 45s were the only ones I"ve never been able to get to shoot well enough for intended purposes.

Once they put grooves in there was never a doubt.

Off topic, but not to far since talking different bullets. I still have a box or less of these pointy turned 224 bullets. Heavy IIRC for 223 in service or match rifle. Solid bronze? Brass? Pointed enough to draw blood. Only played with a few tests and was not that impressed. Some kind of labs up to TN/KY maybe. They are pretty cool looking at least. I'd post a picture but I don't have a clue how to do that these days and gave up mostly on photo bucket etc... IE have no photo server kind of thing anymore.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

About 4 days.. Its been a fun project. I've been enjoying shooting it. I already had a lot of .243 bullets and 223 rem brass. 6mm bullets are still pretty plentiful around here as well. I bought another 500 75gr sierra h.p's yesterday at a local shop. She had them reasonably priced. I still see a lot of 6mm bullets on the shelves at different stores too. Or I should say, more 6mm bullets than anything else on the shelves, besides .338 bullets. I guess a lot of guys don't shoot .243's or .338's..??

Up here same deal along with .277 and .257 Bullets.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (163bc, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 2,700 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.