Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Looking for a little help/input here. The daughter graduates in May from college and wants to take a week and go to one of these two states with her boyfriend. Other than staying out of Portland and Seattle, any ideas would be appreciated. They want to do some hiking, sightseeing etc.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
BP-B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Squatch sight seeing hiking up in those mountains out their might be pretty cool.

Portland and Seattle????

A pooper scooper might be needed to walk around without stepping in something squishy.

Last edited by renegade50; 03/20/21.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Either is gorgeous. Not sure about National Parks at the moment but crater lake in Oregon or Mt Rainier in Washington. Mt St. Helens in Washington also although weather could be iffy for viewing at any of the mountains. Oregon has very accessible ocean beaches with sand. Washington has a few but most of Washington is rocky or not accessible. Anything from coastal rainforest to high deserts in either state.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Oregon coast, cannon beach and sea side
Multnomah falls
Mt Hood
Bonneville dam

All in oregon

NRA Patron
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Southern Oregon coast ...Heceta Head south ...maybe drop down 101 far enough to see the north end of the redwoods around Crescent City CA. Coastal trails abound.

Last edited by flintlocke; 03/20/21.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lonely Planet Guide for Washington or Oregon

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tough call. They both suck mightily, but honestly Oregon is the MOST Phouced up place Ive ever been. So on that basis, I'd pick Washington.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Tough call. They both suck mightily, but honestly Oregon is the MOST Phouced up place Ive ever been. So on that basis, I'd pick Washington.

Politics aside, Oregon is one bitchin place. Anyone saying otherwise is ignorant.

Politics aside.

LOL
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Bend or Port Orford OR are also nice. Flintlocks has a good suggestion. WA has lots of nice places too. Bring your raincoats if they go on the coast.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Screw the politics, both places offer some magnificent scenery. Washington state is as diverse of an ecosystem as it gets in the lower 48. The Blue Mountains are cool in the Southeast corner of WA too and not as crowded. The Oregon coast is cool, just avoid the big cities!

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Southern Oregon coast ...Heceta Head south ...maybe drop down 101 far enough to see the north end of the redwoods around Crescent City CA. Coastal trails abound.

This. Go to Gold Beach and take a 104 mile round trip jet boat ride up the Rogue River. It’s a unique perspective and they should see wildlife.
We went with Jerry’s Rogue Jets.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Plus 1.

When the kids were young we did the Oregon Coast thing several times. Good trips. Bring a raincoat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon coastal towns, any small town from Astoria south, and maybe change location once.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Jet boat the snake river from Clarkston wa. To hells canyon or salmon river jet or raft in idaho.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I lived in Washington.
Seattle, Kirkland, Redmond, Everett, woodinville
Beautiful place

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Bend pretty much sucks now. Ben-diego is just California, but farther north.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Politics aside, Oregon is one bitchin place. Anyone saying otherwise is ignorant.

Politics aside.

Yup.

I would challenge anyone to visit NE Oregon, specifically the Eagle Cap Wilderness in the Wallowas. Do some backpacking there, then come back and tell us Oregon sucks.

After you do that, I could list a couple dozen other specific parts of the state that are unparalleled in natural beauty.

But - please stay away. There are too many people here already that have fled Kommifornia and have polluted the gene pool, just like is currently happening in Texas, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, etc.etc.

This now concludes your morning PSA for the Phouced up State of Oregon. Back to your regular scheduled programming.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

This. Go to Gold Beach and take a 104 mile round trip jet boat ride up the Rogue River. It’s a unique perspective and they should see wildlife.
We went with Jerry’s Rogue Jets.

If they want to hike, they can actually hike from Grants Pass here, to Gold Beach along the Rogue River... 4 day hike... 85 miles or so... and then take Jerry's Jet Boats back up stream....

Tour HWY 101, around the Peninsula up in Washington starting in Olympia, up the west side of Puget Sound, up to Port Townsend, over to Port Angeles, then down Hwy 101 on the west side, cross into Oregon at Astoria and then follow Hwy 101, down the west coast..... zillions of State Parks on the Oregon Coast, down to Brookings, and Crescent City CA... follow that on down to Eureka area, head east back on US 299 to Redding Up I 5 until they hit Weed, and take Hwy 97 up the east side of the Cascades, side trip near Klamath Falls to see Crater Lake... up thru Bend and then on up to Washington state, and cross into WA... There is a duplicate of Stone Hendge made after WW 1 that overlooks the Columbia that is pretty cool...

Then either follow the Columbia River Gorge back into Portland and home... or continue up Hwy 97 on the east side of the Cascades, maybe a side trip to MT Rainier....all the way north until you hit US 2, and take that west over Stevens Pass on the North Cascades Hwy... back into Everett, then down I 5 into Seattle and fly home....

minus the Looney Toons, there is no shortage of cool places to see here....that is why I live here, but endure the political wackos, and leftist idiots...

Moved here in 95 from the Twin Cities....because I foresaw Minneapolis/StPaul turning into what it has become.... didn't come here to live in Portland or Seattle.. which were both beautiful cities back in the late 70s when I was stationed at Ft Lewis.. that sure changed after I left....

When my time comes, I'll probably go back home to Virginia tho.... but I have sure enjoyed the outdoor opportunities the PNW and Northern California have offer me...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Politics aside.

Yup.

I would challenge anyone to visit NE Oregon, specifically the Eagle Cap Wilderness in the Wallowas. Do some backpacking there, then come back and tell us Oregon sucks.

After you do that, I could list a couple dozen other specific parts of the state that are unparalleled in natural beauty.

But - please stay away. There are too many people here already that have fled Kommifornia and have polluted the gene pool, just like is currently happening in Texas, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, etc.etc.

This now concludes your morning PSA for the Phouced up State of Oregon. Back to your regular scheduled programming.

Totally bitchin..
The west coast is the best coast.
If I need to explain it, you would not understand

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Crater Lake to the Jefferson Wilderness! Some of the best hiking in the state! The Wallowa Mts. should be avoided at all costs. Their too beatuiful for most to appreciate!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
439 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.