Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Regardless of who says this, that or the other, beliefs or convictions are justified through evidence, not faith. No good complaining, that's just how it is.

The blind look to the clay to verify the potter.

Those who tarried under St Helens waited for evidence.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/23/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To the original post ~ Jordan Peterson, in ‘12 Rules for Life’, said “Christianity achieved the well-nigh impossible. The Christian doctrine elevated the individual soul, placing slave and master...and commoner and nobleman alike on the same metaphysical footing, rendering them equal before God and the law. The implicit transcendent worth of each and every soul established itself against impossible odds.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These atheist,
"Reasons I don't believe in God" threads get more attention than Bible threads.

I'm getting a picture of the majority of interest in the forum. I expect that from the antifa forums, but not here.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The world is full of tough guys, until they are old and riddled with cancer or otherwise on their own death beds.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
These atheist,
"Reasons I don't believe in God" threads get more attention than Bible threads.

I'm getting a picture of the majority of interest in the forum. I expect that from the antifa forums, but not here.

Then leave, few here will miss you.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
“There are no Atheists in hell”.

-ancient proverb

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DBT
Regardless of who says this, that or the other, beliefs or convictions are justified through evidence, not faith. No good complaining, that's just how it is.

The blind look to the clay to verify the potter.

Those who tarried under St Helens waited for evidence.

Not quite how it works. Thanks for the effort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life

-ancient proverb

They are all believers sooner or later.

"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.....
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

Luke 16

This fact that Jesus stated motivates me to point everyone to my signature.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

-ancient proverb

Everyone is an atheist when comes to other people's version of God or gods. Does anyone still believe in Zeus?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

-ancient proverb

They are all believers sooner or later.

"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.....
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

Luke 16

This fact that Jesus stated motivates me to point everyone to my signature.

If there is sufficient evidence, there is no argument. Nobody argues over the existence of the Sun, Moon or stars....

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
There’s been a big migration away from from Christianity in this country...especially the organized/institutional aspect of it. And it’s not because they find atheism so appealing, it’s because they find Christianity so unappealing. And certainly much of it ‘is’ the church’s fault. The reason that many people have disengaged from it, as I see it, is not because of the message...it’s because of the messengers. At the end of the day, the reason that many find it so unappealing, and so unscientific, and so irrational...is because of the messengers. The general public that Jesus interacted with...who were nothing like Him, liked Him, and He liked them back. If Christianity isn’t compelling or attractive nowadays, is it possible that much of it is because we don’t practice the same ‘version’ of it nowadays that He practiced Himself...?
I think you have it figured out.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha. How easy it was for GOD to scrape the scum off by requiring them to demand them to require their evidence, when HE only required faith.

It is written, they step into their own trap.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/23/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Anyone arguing for or expecting proof of faith or proof for the basis of faith is woefully ignorant, sadly misguided and intellectually
vacuous. Enough so that even in the face of such “proof”, were it even possible to present, denial, demands for more “proof” or tangible physical proof of something that’s thousands of years old and obfuscation through semantics would preclude their understanding. It’s been a common theme in these threads over the years, the same tired old refrain from most of the same actors demanding the same impossibilities.....physical evidence of the basis for religious FAITH. That word is either impossible for some to understand the meaning of or they’re being intentionally obtuse in order to feel superior. The atheists here do more proselytizing for their “religion” of no beliefs than all the “Christians” combined.

I don’t have to prove to anyone that what I believe, what I have faith in, is “real”. My salvation isn’t dependent upon the number of non-believers that I convert nor is it dependent upon supplying proof of the unprovable to unbelievers. 😉. I don’t proselytize or preach. I’ll gladly share my faith and try my best to explain my beliefs if someone is genuinely curious but I don’t feel compelled to make them believe me. I’d encourage them to do their own “research” and soul searching because only when you have an honest and personal relationship with the Lord will it become unquestionably real and your faith unshakable.

My ticket into heaven does not lie with those that refuse to see or with those that make excuses so they can pretend not to see. We all have free will and with free will comes full responsibility for its exercise. I have no interest in fighting with those that use semantics as a fallback position and ignore the real definitions of the words they throw around in their futile attempts to appear intelligent. While we’re all human and we all have our faults I’ve noticed that arrogance is a hallmark trait of the atheists that I’ve known. That’s not to say that all atheists are arrogant, just the many that I’ve known. 😉. I don’t know why someone that doesn’t believe in something would try so hard to convince others that it doesn’t exist?....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Anyone arguing for or expecting proof of faith or proof for the basis of faith is woefully ignorant, sadly misguided and intellectually
vacuous. Enough so that even in the face of such “proof”, were it even possible to present, denial, demands for more “proof” or tangible physical proof of something that’s thousands of years old and obfuscation through semantics would preclude their understanding. It’s been a common theme in these threads over the years, the same tired old refrain from most of the same actors demanding the same impossibilities.....physical evidence of the basis for religious FAITH. That word is either impossible for some to understand the meaning of or they’re being intentionally obtuse in order to feel superior. The atheists here do more proselytizing for their “religion” of no beliefs than all the “Christians” combined.

I don’t have to prove to anyone that what I believe, what I have faith in, is “real”. My salvation isn’t dependent upon the number of non-believers that I convert nor is it dependent upon supplying proof of the unprovable to unbelievers. 😉. I don’t proselytize or preach. I’ll gladly share my faith and try my best to explain my beliefs if someone is genuinely curious but I don’t feel compelled to make them believe me. I’d encourage them to do their own “research” and soul searching because only when you have an honest and personal relationship with the Lord will it become unquestionably real and your faith unshakable.

My ticket into heaven does not lie with those that refuse to see or with those that make excuses so they can pretend not to see. We all have free will and with free will comes full responsibility for its exercise. I have no interest in fighting with those that use semantics as a fallback position and ignore the real definitions of the words they throw around in their futile attempts to appear intelligent. While we’re all human and we all have our faults I’ve noticed that arrogance is a hallmark trait of the atheists that I’ve known. That’s not to say that all atheists are arrogant, just the many that I’ve known. 😉. I don’t know why someone that doesn’t believe in something would try so hard to convince others that it doesn’t exist?....
Well said in toto - and I, too, do not know why someone would try so hard to do that.(But, are there are not suspicions ?)

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Hahaha. How easy it was for GOD to scrape the scum off by requiring them to demand them to require their evidence, when HE only required faith.

It is written, they step into their own trap.

Hindus and Muslims have faith.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
- immediately resorting to the personal attacks ..

Evidence of your dishonesty had been displayed.
Your ignorance and denial dont change that fact.
Taking it as 'personal attack' is lame and absurd.

So, as you command - we comply and houseclean. Attention !

LoL .."house cleaning" was your suggestion.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Starman
CCCC..talk is cheap , get to the 'house cleaning' you suggest is required and show the results.After your displays of blatant dishonestyI don't count your words for much.
There you are Starfool - immediately resorting to the personal attacks and misspelled words. You are nothing if not consistent.

So, as you command - we comply and houseclean. Attention ! You are OUT of here - into the trash bin - down to the dumpster. Never to return.

Now - you dumpster divers out there - do not go in and pull him out.
I'm with Starman. Your responses have been elusive and evasive - certainly comes across as dishonesty.
Fun might happen when a fellow deliberately is being evasive and elusive - and it is tempting to do so with Starbucks because he seems to have no receptor for blunt common sense. But, we sock it to him straight up anyway. You can paint what "comes across" to you any way you wish - you are talking about your receptors. Do I seem touched by your paint job?

Now - you say you are "with" Starfool - so you have jumped into the dumpster to keep him company? Maybe good, and less housecleaning needed.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's easy to find fault in others....

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
It's easy to find fault in others....

Yep, like HE said about the board in the ......

Who knew you were a believer? I mean, besides HIM?

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
615 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.