Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
All the BS in the media and no peep from the NRA. Anyone ever ask why they were dismantled when they were?

GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They are spending what’s left of the money they collected from us.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
On spring break vacation in Italy....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably down at the men's clothing store getting WLP some new suits for the summer season.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wayne was last seen sleeping in the cab of a UHaul somewhere between NY and Texas.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by TimZ
On spring break vacation in Italy....

Gucci makes some fine men's clothing . .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Busy selling insurance

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Or wine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by devnull
All the BS in the media and no peep from the NRA. Anyone ever ask why they were dismantled when they were?
The NRA is full of Fudds who would help ban your mean-looking AR as long as they can keep bird hunting with their scattergun and not be bothered. This is less true today than it was 20 years ago, but still true. GOA and a couple of others give you a lot more bang for your buck. The NRA was great at piece-mealing the 2nd Amendment away a bit at a time under the guise of compromise which incidentally is never "we're gonna repeal the whole GCA today! Okay, we'll settle for repealing half of it". Nope, it's always them taking a little less of it at a time. Never us taking back. The NRA is just an outgrowth of the Republican Party. Worthless. Literally. Not worth nothing. Just worth less. Less than it could be if there were less cowardly sell-outs involved at all levels.

(For more of this see many of the regular poseurs on the Campfire...and I ain't talking jello or burrinho or other obvious commie plants...I'm talking about assweasels who are dying to compromise.)

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Planning the next convention and fund raiser. Not one red cent....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
There was a lot of advertising about NRA Heritage Society (of which I know nothing) which I assumed to mean you would cut the NRA into your will. For people having participated, I wonder if some of them are having second thoughts...and how hard it might be to cut them back out of the will? Is it like time share scams where it takes legal action to break the contract?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I belong to the NRA, GOA, and JPFO (even though I'm not Jewish, they are far and away the most hardcore of the three). GAO and JPFO are effective in filing lawsuits in court and fighting local gun laws, but let's face it, when it comes time for arm twisting on Capitol Hill, only one of those three has any influence - the one bashed here constantly, including this thread. I don't know how much longer that will last, though.

I have no doubt that had it not been for the NRA, private ownership of handguns would have been essentially outlawed by excessive regulation in the 1970's under Carter, with Dem supermajorities in both houses (remember the form for handgun ammo?). The SCOTUS at the time under Warren Burger may well have allowed it to stand.

The NRA is far from perfect, maybe more imperfect than perfect, but it's the only effective lobbying group we have in DC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk

I have no doubt that had it not been for the NRA, private ownership of handguns would have been essentially outlawed by excessive regulation in the 1970's under Carter, with Dem supermajorities in both houses (remember the form for handgun ammo?).

Nothing personal but
The above statment is from NRA propaganda and lies

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wayne can eat a bag of dicks.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I belong to the NRA, GOA, and JPFO (even though I'm not Jewish, they are far and away the most hardcore of the three). GAO and JPFO are effective in filing lawsuits in court and fighting local gun laws, but let's face it, when it comes time for arm twisting on Capitol Hill, only one of those three has any influence - the one bashed here constantly, including this thread. I don't know how much longer that will last, though.

I have no doubt that had it not been for the NRA, private ownership of handguns would have been essentially outlawed by excessive regulation in the 1970's under Carter, with Dem supermajorities in both houses (remember the form for handgun ammo?). The SCOTUS at the time under Warren Burger may well have allowed it to stand.

The NRA is far from perfect, maybe more imperfect than perfect, but it's the only effective lobbying group we have in DC.

Like you, I'm not Jewish but am a Life Member of JPFO. Also a NRA Benefactor Member. I guess we shall see...

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
In 1972, the Dept. of the Treasury's Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division of the Internal Revenue Service nearly doubled in size, and became the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF). Ostensibly, it was to enforce GCA '68, but in reality it was to construct a national federal force of law enforcement shock troops to assist local and state law enforcement agencies when handgun confiscation began (which, fortunately, never happened).

They are part of Treasury, not Justice, for a reason. To do the dirty work that the FBI is too high profile to do. The Attorney General gets hauled in front of Congress a lot more often than the Treasury Secretary. The majority of people in this country had never heard of BATF until Waco, by the way.

As the federal views on firearms morphed, the NRA morphed from a firearms education and events sponsor into a political lobbying group. Had they not done this, the firearms laws in this country would be much, much more like Canada's (perhaps even more restrictive in some areas) than what they are now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Feinstein is keeping the text of her assault weapon ban bill a secret, probably to keep anyone from formulating a good response . Maybe they’re waiting for it to pop before they comment.

Or, maybe they can’t decide if they want to roll over and expose their (our) bellies, or bend over and drop ‘em.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tending to bankruptcy proceedings.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/24/21.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute
Tending to bankruptcy proceedings.

laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are part of Treasury, not Justice, for a reason. To do the dirty work that the FBI is too high profile to do. The Attorney General gets hauled in front of Congress a lot more often than the Treasury Secretary. The majority of people in this country had never heard of BATF until Waco, by the way.

Not anymore, according to Wikipedia:
"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is a federal law enforcement organization within the United States Department of Justice."

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, ak_Rick, 12 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,431
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.