-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best stock for the money going. I have 7 of the "Alaskan Ti's" and really like them alot. YMMV

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After shooting the youth stocked 6.5 Creedmoor, I'm even more impressed.

It "feels" better, thinner in a few places, less blocky, and it handles recoil really well.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And they didnt up charge you $80 for a recoil pad like McMillan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
And they didnt up charge you $80 for a recoil pad like McMillan

Well, it's for my son to use while he's growing. No freaking way he's getting a McMillan stock to use for a few years then outgrow.

That said, I like the stock. A lot. I'll buy more.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have 2, and have had a couple more. No complaints.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
The mountain won’t fit without opening the channel.
The magnum will have space but not horrible; at least to my eye.

Will opening up the barrel channel from mountain to sporter contour impact the strength of the stock?

By and chance does someone happen to have a picture of a sporter barrel in the magnum contour stock?

Thanks,
Mike

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a few, been happy with them all except an old carbellite, couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So the stock for my tikka came today and I've already put it on.....I put a limbsaver pad on the factory tikka stock and by switching to the BnC medalist my LOP got reduced a good bit.....at least a half inch. The meopta scope and the one piece tally base/ring only offer maybe an eighth of an inch forward shift on the scope.....gonna see how it shoots before making changes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I learned a very important lesson with my Bell and Carlson.

In the dark I got off my mule and led her through a tick spot on the trail in the very dim early morning light.

I was leading a pack mule and had my 98 mauser in a B&C stock " Roselvelt style" sticking barrel down stock up almost vertices by the Saddle horn.

I didn't take the rifle out of the scabbard. Looked back, stock was broke clean off at pistol grip!

B&C gave me a new stock! WOW!

When leading a mule through dark thick brush, take your rifle outta the scabbard!

DUH!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm ordering one in March. They told me I could order one unpainted, just primed. I plan on painting it myself so that's the plan. Might modify grip angle too.

Is it any less expensive that way? I prefer to do my own recoil pad, bedding, pillars if needed, paint, etc.

For those who have bought the M700 Ti stocks in BDL or ADL, how stiff are the forearms? How much do they weigh when they come with recoil pad and paint?

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got two. One on a sporterized Swedish Mauser and one on a 257 Weatherby Vanguard. I like 'em both a lot. Both have that aluminum bedding block setup in them. It was the best thing I ever did for the Swedish Mauser which previously had an injection molded Ram-Line stock on it. If I had another rifle that needed a stock replacement Bell & Carlson would probably be where I looked first.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I'm ordering one in March. They told me I could order one unpainted, just primed. I plan on painting it myself so that's the plan. Might modify grip angle too.

Is it any less expensive that way? I prefer to do my own recoil pad, bedding, pillars if needed, paint, etc.

For those who have bought the M700 Ti stocks in BDL or ADL, how stiff are the forearms? How much do they weigh when they come with recoil pad and paint?

Same price, they just prime it. I'm modifying barrel channel and maybe the grip angle, so didn't want it painted already. Ordered it yesterday, quoted 2 weeks. Nice people to deal with.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Are the factory remington mountain rifle with the B&C aramid-fiber reinforced stock the same aluminum bedded stock as on their website?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Smilner01
Are the factory remington mountain rifle with the B&C aramid-fiber reinforced stock the same aluminum bedded stock as on their website?

I've got two of them, yes they are.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow things have changed here . I love my Bell and Carlson and it made my A-bolt a much better shooter and heck of a lot more comfortable. Nice Pachmyer pads on the B and C. The only dig on it was that the rear screw from the factory stock was a touch too short for the B and C.

I bought a HS Precision later and sold it. The B and C is much more comfortable, cost less and required less trimming out.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,547
Posts18,453,523
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.