Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by shinbone
All shippers have their problems.

And Covid has exacerbated these problems.

Not buying it. Things just don't disappear from their computers without help. Especially when it happens consistantly.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
FedEx seems to have gotten sticky fingers lately. Bud sent a couple of handguns to Jack Huntington to work on. When Jack shipped them someone opened the FedEx box and pulled one out retaped it shipped it with obvious tampering. Wouldn't trust using FedEx on shipping things.

MAGA! This is the way!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
They made a big gun theft bust at UPS Memphis a few years back IIRC.

They also
Originally Posted by RiverRider

No way that could happen in Memphis, of all places. Why would that happen??

Gun thefts happen from shippers all over the USA:
Guns Stolen From UPS and Others, Sometimes before authorities know they’re missing.
I remember the thefts here in Billings MT very well, too. I've had problems with the USPS, FedEx and UPS - NONE of them are immune to the problem.

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last year a high chair showed up on our porch.
No label, just some address I tracked to a warehouse in NJ.

No indication of who shipped it, who the carrier was or destination.

Googled it, $270 for a high chair!

Our daughters softball coach was pregnant for the first time,
so after a couple weeks and no word, we gave it to her.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many of the large shippers having hubs in the midwest are having problems.. I believe they are so backed up that they just store shipments at or near those hubs and get it to destinations when they have the manpower to deliver it.

Shipments go to Chicago to die on a regular basis only to be revived in time.

On top of that we have Affirmative Action at work to deal with as well.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, several ridiculous problems with Fedex. Delays and damage. Iin the latest, it took 18 days from Florida to Oregon.

Last edited by Dancing Bear; 03/14/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Memphis is a vortex, I have a die that landed there (USPS) going on 2 months ago and never left. I need to start looking on ebay and craigslist, somebody has to be helping themselves to a lot of stuff and padding their income.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

This was at their main facility on brooks Road in southwest Memphis near the airport. With a a little inside help they knew which trailer to snatch and either stole a truck off the lot or brought one (can't remember which). They drive it through a fence if I recall and headed straight to Chicago which is where they were from. Fortunately the ATF had quick knowledge of it and caught them before they were able to distribute the guns in Chicago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-facility-memphis-atf-warns/1498314002/

Employees at the FedEx hub in Memphis go through metal detectors both coming in and going out of the property. There have been some high profile thefts there over the decades, of the largest I can remember was the theft of the high value bags on a flight coming in from Amsterdam (I believe it was) on Dec. 23, 1995. Full of diamonds and gold. A crew rolled up on a tug right as the plane stopped and proceeded to unload the bags in the front cargo hold near the front landing gear. It was brutally cold that night with sleet/snow so everybody was wearing face masks anyway. About 5 minutes later the proper crew showed up to unload and freaked out when the pilots told them someone had already unloaded it. The bad guys high-tailed it east across the property and tried to drive the tug through the fence on Tchulahoma Road. Tug got stuck in the fence so they threw the bags over and managed to get away with most of them. Within 24 hours one of the thieves was already dead, one of the crew turned on him and shot him. They caught the rest and recovered the stolen goods.

I was working for FedEx at the time and this was back when they would ask all employees to volunteer to work nights in the hub to help with the Christmas rush. Amazing how much simpler things were back then before 9/11. I was a computer programmer during the day and worked the Omaha outbound 727 at night. I remember standing under the right wing of a 727 long-body trying to stay out of the rain/sleet/snow with the APU roaring away. That is where I was when the cll came out about the theft. All hell broke loose then, "Freddies" and Memphis police everywhere. Freddies are what we called FedEx security, armed guards which was almost exclusively former Memphis or Shelby County police who got cush jobs at FedEx. I miss those days of free jump seats anywhere in the world on a FedEx plane.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just an opinion.

We use Fed Ex, UPS and USPS. We have found in the last few months the most reliable has been UPS and the least reliable has been USPS Priority. All orders over $150.00 to a physical address (non-PO Box) we include shipping and we have been defaulting to UPS as they have been the best lately.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Well Fed Ex has done it again. I have a scope coming, but this time it made it to Great Falls, yesterday. 120 miles away and sat there. It is a signature required package so I have waited all day for it. Just got an update that it will now arrive on Friday. I have an appointment in the morning so I hope I don't miss them.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Just an opinion.

We use Fed Ex, UPS and USPS. We have found in the last few months the most reliable has been UPS and the least reliable has been USPS Priority. All orders over $150.00 to a physical address (non-PO Box) we include shipping and we have been defaulting to UPS as they have been the best lately.

UPS is the best around here with the USPS a very close second. If given a choice I won't use Fed Ex again until they pull their heads out.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I have to laugh. Just after I got done writing about Fed Ex they show up at my door with the scope. Go Figure.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I sent a check for some bullets to Illinois.
Nearly a month later I sent the very patient seller another check. He got it two days later. I tried to stop payment on the first one. That’s when I discovered it had already been cashed. After a bunch of pestering the bank, they informed me that it had been cashed in Chitcago.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'll play this game. I had a used BC stock sent to me via FedEX that showed delivered in November. We were home and working in our front office which is the window in between the garage and the front door. The FedEX person never came to our front door or driveway....

Over the next few months, about one of four FedEX packages would say delivered, but the driver never came to our front door. At the beginning of this month I was setting up a small backpacking tent in the back yard and the stuff sack blew around to the side of the house. There, in our backyard, on the side of the house, was a pile of FedEX packages that for some reason that driver felt the need to toss over the fence rather than deliver to the front door.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sent a scope via USPS on March 3.
They don't show it anywhere in their system.

Insurance collection should be a treat.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
In the past couple months I have sent about 20 priority flat rate envelopes containing bullets. All packages have made it to the destination on time or a day or so late. The contents of each arrived intact. I have to add that I ship for the long haul by packaging the contents within a box in the envelope and reinforcing the envelope with shipping tape. Perhaps I've just been lucky...

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I will add that Cabela's has been disappointing in some regard. The shipping is suppose to take 2 days, but it takes 3-4 days for Cabela's to ship the item. Then you're lucky if it gets to you in 2 days. More like 6.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
If you want to identify the problems at the post office or elsewhere, sit in the parking lot at getting off time and see what beebops to dey rides.... nuff said. Bunch of stringy haired tweekers seem to have taken over at our local post office. Still wondering about poor service?

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Had excellent results w USPS.
But they will nail you on oversize items, that's where UPS cut the bill in half.

Proly shouldn't have posted since I just sent a Leupold back for warranty work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
have a front sight coming from Pa.
Have a stock coming from OH.
bought the same day shipped the same day. the 26th
stock will be here tomorrow
sight maybe here on wed.
go figure.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
593 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.