R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Affecting worldwide shipping.
Stuck sideways since tuesday crazy crazy crazy
Per Blurb on Fox just now
100,s of ships backed up on either side of the Canal.

The sand N I G G E R Egyptians say it might take 2 weeks to unfugg the thing.

Prices and availability of what the fugg ever is on all these ships and involved in what is made or sold from it all is gonna have a world wide dominoe effect.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Female driver?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Real opportunity for someone to make big money.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Female driver?

6 Mexicans. When they crashed they all jumped out and took off running.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Capt Hazlewood, anyone seen him lately?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
The sand N I G G E R Egyptians say it might take 2 weeks to unfugg the thing.

They've brought in Mammoet.....which who else are you gonna call?

$1.2BB USD in trade revenue go through the Suez every hour, so an expensive wreck. There will probably be food riots.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Female driver?

Cargo ship draws giant penis in Red Sea then becomes wedged in Suez Canal

https://www.news.com.au/finance/eco...s-story/19d9322de92f703442b3aecccf8a7ffd

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
On Tuesday morning, the Ever Given sailed into the placid waters of the Suez Canal, the 120-mile-long link on its journey from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean, as it carried thousands of tons of cargo bound for the Netherlands.

Then a dust storm hit, limiting visibility and battering ships with heavy winds, according to the Suez Canal Authority. By midmorning, the massive ship — one of the largest in the world at more than 1,300 feet long, more than twice the height of the Washington Monument — was wedged sideways across the canal.

Dozens of boats piled up into a marine traffic jam on the crucial shipping lane as tugboats and diggers tried to free the vessel. Oil prices rose Wednesday amid heightened worries over access to the canal, through which some 12 percent of global trade passes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they want, I'll see if Boudreaux and Thibodeaux can come get it unstuck. They know all about boats!!!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman3
If they want, I'll see if Boudreaux and Thibodeaux can come get it unstuck. They know all about boats!!!

Chouest prolly has a couple they can send.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Perfect for more C19 associated bullschit and the world oil market to make bank....

Just scratching the surface......

Thankfully most european ammuntion components go thru various black sea/ Mediterranean/ Atlantic ports to the east coast.

Think primers and how many U.S. manufacturers source them from European companies.

Last edited by renegade50; 03/25/21.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
ACCIDENT???

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Does anyone really believe this was an accident.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102

Nope. I have transited the Suez more than a dozen times. If they expect heavy weather they don't even allow a vessel to begin the transit and send them to anchorage. Going through the canal is a highly regulated and controlled process. Ships are assigned a transit time and a transit position on each end of the canal and they all are required to have an Egyptian pilot onboard who takes control of the vessel. These pilots are highly trained and they know every inch of the canal. Northbound and southbound vessels leave at the exact same moment and they all meet in the lake in the middle where they pass and continue on. There is only one transit a day made and it will include well over 100 ships in each direction and Egypt charges at least $250,000 per vessel for the transit. The canal is a major money maker for Egypt and they are not going to be so careless as to allow a vessel to transit in heavy winds.

I do not buy the story they are pushing. I am a retired QMC and navigation was my profession for 25 years as a professional sailor in the USN.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe it's full of 10,000 brown skinned people wearing Biden T-shirts.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Female driver?

I'll bet there's a Biden sticker on the stern.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by steve4102

Nope. I have transited the Suez more than a dozen times. If they expect heavy weather they don't even allow a vessel to begin the transit and send them to anchorage. Going through the canal is a highly regulated and controlled process. Ships are assigned a transit time and a transit position on each end of the canal and they all are required to have an Egyptian pilot onboard who takes control of the vessel. These pilots are highly trained and they know every inch of the canal. Northbound and southbound vessels leave at the exact same moment and they all meet in the lake in the middle where they pass and continue on. There is only one transit a day made and it will include well over 100 ships in each direction and Egypt charges at least $250,000 per vessel for the transit. The canal is a major money maker for Egypt and they are not going to be so careless as to allow a vessel to transit in heavy winds.

I do not buy the story they are pushing. I am a retired QMC and navigation was my profession for 25 years as a professional sailor in the USN.

Amarillo is an interesting choice for a retired Quartermaster.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Perfect timing for an Iranian strike and subsequent war started by a Democrat. Like all wars

GOD Bless America
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ammo prices will sky rocket ! wink

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This may interrupt the flow of goods made in the Far East .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.