Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
It dawned on me yesterday the liberal "military style weapons" verbiage is an open ended claim (DUH). The Glock is a design that was submitted and won a contract for the Austrian Army. 1911s, Ruger Mini 14s, and other firearms were an actual or a look alike (that's the big liberal thing) they want to ban. How many bolt actions trace their linage to the Mauser M93/95/98 ? Some pump shotguns were used as "trench guns". My dad had a saying about liars," It's like the guy that says he'll only stick the head in".

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Most firearm designs can trace their lineage back to some military arm. This phrase didn’t come about by accident. Hell, my muzzleloader bares a striking resemblance to a Springfield military rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WGAF? We're either all in this together or not. Fudds better realize that the anti's are after ALL guns ultimately. Those who think they'll take the AR's and AK's and leave their fooking Benelli trap gun alone are sorely mistaken. The goal is total disarmament, total enslavement. Any indications otherwise from the anti's are just lies and attempts to use divide-and-conquer strategies. Not directing this at you personally Dave and not implying you are a Fudd, but just making the point. It really doesn't matter if they just want to ban a class of weapons. They're after them all.

As an aside, a Mini is of a lot less use with ten round or less mags. Same with most high cap pistols.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's all psychological warfare for them. They constantly rape the language to meet their needs and avoid accountability. Example: changing from "global warming" to "climate change". Global warming has a quantitative characteristic that can be measured and tracked. If you think back to when they made this switch in language, it was after a couple years where they had global warming summits that got practically snowed out LOL. By changing the "climate change" there is no quantitative measurement associated with that. The weather changes all the time. Flood,droughts, hurricanes etc all go in cycles. "Climate change" is such an agnostic term that it can literally mean whatever they want, whenever they want. So all they need to do is highlight whatever weather related thing that is pissing people off at any given time and say "see, climate change".

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yes, and the 2nd ain't about deer and pheasant hunting.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

It's about rat and snake hunting.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There is no such thing as an assault rifle. There is no rifle that you cannot be assaulted with.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
They are seemingly professional at wordsmithing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM

It's a simple formula. Come up with a phrase that is ambiguous enough that it means nothing on its own and it's impossible to assign accountability to. Then define it anyway you want depending on which way the wind blows. And if at all possible, pick something with an emotional connotation that can be exploited to influence weak minded pussies (ie Democrats).

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MM879
There is no such thing as an assault rifle. There is no rifle that you cannot be assaulted with.

Instructors for my daughters firearms/hunter safety course a few years back told the whole class that "AR" stands for "armalite rifle", and not "assault rifle". The kids were also told that "assault rifle" is a made up term. That made me happy.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
It dawned on me yesterday the liberal "military style weapons" verbiage is an open ended claim (DUH). The Glock is a design that was submitted and won a contract for the Austrian Army. 1911s, Ruger Mini 14s, and other firearms were an actual or a look alike (that's the big liberal thing) they want to ban. How many bolt actions trace their linage to the Mauser M93/95/98 ? Some pump shotguns were used as "trench guns". My dad had a saying about liars," It's like the guy that says he'll only stick the head in".

If I take the brass disc off my Swede will they let me slide?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Military style weapons are guns. Guns are bad. Guns kill people. Guns are dangerous and guns have no place in a civilized society. I could go on but you get the picture.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Fudds better realize that the anti's are after ALL guns ultimately.

The "Fudds" already realize this. I belong to three "Fudd" (clay target) clubs. Most of the members also shoot AR15s and/or hi-cap pistols. Two of the clubs require proof of NRA membership to join. We know that if they ever succeeded in eliminating AR15s--which is a lot harder than passing a law against them--mass shooters could just use a Remington 870 instead. Reload before it was empty. Or how about a Winchester '73. That holds 16 rounds of 44-40 and is defined as "not" a firearm because it was made prior to 1895. Or just carry three or four revolvers like the Texas Rangers used to do.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Indian and Chinese army units got into a fight in a disputed area along their shared border a year or so ago, and they were fighting with fists, feet, and rocks. Apparently they couldn't use firearms because that would escalate the situation, but some of the Indian troops still died from their injuries.

Clearly fists, feet, and rocks are military style weapons that have been used in recent deadly combat.

Also, isn't the number of blunt object murders larger than the number of firearm (all, not just semiauto rifles) murders in the U.S. every year?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Indian and Chinese army units got into a fight in a disputed area along their shared border a year or so ago, and they were fighting with fists, feet, and rocks. Apparently they couldn't use firearms because that would escalate the situation, but some of the Indian troops still died from their injuries.

Clearly fists, feet, and rocks are military style weapons that have been used in recent deadly combat.

Also, isn't the number of blunt object murders larger than the number of firearm (all, not just semiauto rifles) murders in the U.S. every year?
It's good to know if they take my guns and make them surrender I can fight against the BLM with my assault rocks until they outlaw them too. Maybe after that I can throw some dirt clods.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

That's because most Indians don't "know" Kung Fu.

abusus non tollit usum
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM

“It depends on what the meaning of the word is, is”

There’s a lesson in dem lawyer speak

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I am in deep schidt...one of mine was state of the art at Concord...and the newer one was state of the art with the Lewis and Clark, Corps of Discovery. Good thing I identify as a gay black, otherwise the Stasi would confiscate el rapido.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Spears and Arrows are still military style weapons in some parts of the world...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

It's about rat and snake hunting.

Amen brother.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

557 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,851
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.