Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Lamborghini, Interesting, as well as some old Porsche models. I don't think it would be really suitable, but I do like old odd things.. Moving in July, have to sell the current home. Will check out the dealers in person and see what they have to offer. Kubota, and Kioti seem the front runners right now.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My 2018 mahindra 38 hp doesnt require that DEF emissions bullcrap their configurations are set up different

1500 lb lift on my FEL

4wd
I hot the shuttle shift, I didnt want HST extra pita or headache

Mine was $31k but that is $6k for my backhoe attachment

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Lamborghini, Interesting, as well as some old Porsche models. I don't think it would be really suitable, but I do like old odd things.. Moving in July, have to sell the current home. Will check out the dealers in person and see what they have to offer. Kubota, and Kioti seem the front runners right now.

That’s what I would do. A tractor is pretty much a tractor. I’d get more horsepower than I thought I needed.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I bought a 2018 Branson 3725, mostly to load logs on the sawmill, get them out of the woods and move pallets of lumber. I’ve been extremely happy with it. Enough power and lift capacity for what I do.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
What I am considering the most is the mower, Mid mount vice rear tow. Other than the driveway it will be where it is used the most. Maybe get a cheaper tractor and get a zero turn mower for the "yard" Then again, in the future I may want MORE.. It is the retirement home, so I will have time to do the work. No need for something quicker, if it takes another hour or so, so be it.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Another question, would be a flail moweror a brush hog. Seems to be advantages to both.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A flail mower is slower, but will cut finer and grinds up litter. Flails are more laborious to service. A brush hog will cut saplings and small trees. A heavy hammer flail will cut saplings and small trees, but is a much more expensive implement, requiring lots more horsepower. Most heavy hammer flails are on arms, further requiring a larger tractor.

What will you be mowing?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Heavy wooded brush, the back acres have not been touched in decades. Clearing a trail or two and perhaps a food plot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
New Holland sells more tractors than any other maker in the world. There's a reason for that. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Heavy wooded brush, the back acres have not been touched in decades. Clearing a trail or two and perhaps a food plot.

You'll want a heavy duty brush hog, but you also might need someone to come in with a Fecon head (forestry mulcher).

You could also consider a heavy duty flail on a 3 point hitch, but you'd have to slowly and gingerly back through the heavy woody stuff. Your wear and maintenance will be accelerated.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I believe that the New Holland is an LS in the compact models. At least the Boomer is I believe.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Make it easy on yourself and stick with Kubota. They outsell everyone else about 10 to 1 in the US on small tractors. I personally wouldn’t worry about the emissions stuff, more power is better.

A bush hog is a basic necessity for maintaining acreage. If you want something like a flail mower then get it later, but don’t get one expecting it to do what a bush hog will.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
New Holland sells more tractors than any other maker in the world.

That's a pretty fuzzy metric. As a single brand, I'd be shocked if New Holland sold more units worldwide. I'd even be surprised if CNH across brands sold the most units worldwide. 50% of the global tractor market is in India and China. India being the number one consumer and China being number two.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Orange is a great tractor, but any Kubota under 70hp is weak at the bucket/pivot, deal breaker for me with cows and hay to hoist.

Your results may vary...

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
50 hp

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston

That's a pretty fuzzy metric. As a single brand, I'd be shocked if New Holland sold more units worldwide. I'd even be surprised if CNH across brands sold the most units worldwide. 50% of the global tractor market is in India and China. India being the number one consumer and China being number two.

Mahindra sells the most tractors worldwide. Deere is 2nd. 50% of all tractors produced in the world are sold in India.
New Holland is way down the line.

If Mahindra brings this to the US market, I’d take one.

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/28/21.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Mahindra sells the most tractors worldwide. Deere is 2nd. 50% of all tractors produced in the world are sold in India.

Bet that little pickup would beat the hell out of one of those overpriced Jeep “pickups”. And be much cheaper to boot !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Be sure you have a solid dealer nearby, regardless if you buy new or used.

They all break and the one who can get parts quickest is the one you need in your corner, even if you use a side mechanic.

I have a mechanic who was John Deere trained, worked for the dealer for years, now has his own shop. Find that guy in your area and go talk to hiim.

Sometimes those guys know of a good tractor someone is wanting to sell, may have kept that tractor serviced for years. Never know until you ask.

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Bet that little pickup would beat the hell out of one of those overpriced Jeep “pickups”. And be much cheaper to boot !

And diesel.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We have a 22horse massey 4wd. We have just under 100 acres and the biggest problem I have is the weight of the tractor. We have the tiller, 48" brush hawg, back blade, and a 48" snowblower along with the bucket. The light weight is my achilles.

I don't like the hydro tranny either. luckily we got a bobcat 324 mini excavator that makes up for the short comings of the tractor.

Our massy is the 1705 model and with the whole hindsight thing we should have gone bigger

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,554
Posts18,453,642
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.