Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,654 of 1,842 1 2 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1841 1842
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie
Gopher, good luck!!! I hope the biopsy is ok.

I did not die. I just am in the process of taking a job at the Minneapolis VA hospital, and between that, a trip to Texas, pinewood derby, and general life, have been super busy.

One of our Optometrists went to the VA up in Superior. She really likes it. Good luck, man.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I already told you, but praying for you here too Gopher. This next thing should get your mind to summer mode: I just sent out the email for our first Youth Outdoor Activity Day planning meeting for 2017. This will be the 4th year of the event and last year we had 1,811 kids attend. Not sure how many we will plan for this year!

Tip of the Day: Nearly bald heads on pale white guys and intense sunshine don't mix all that well. And 30 SPF sunscreen isn't enough.

Belated Happy Birthday to Pam! I saw that swing on FB and thought that was really cool. Dave, I have another idea for you. I saw an old Chevy pickup box stood up on end with shelves across it used as a bookcase. I thought of you but forgot to snap a picture. Pretty cool, although we all realize it would have been better if'n it was a Ford!
I am definitely planning on attending. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Count me in. It's an honor to be remotely envolved in such a worthy event. Would like to see a few more of our Minnesota brethren join us up there Dean.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
mmWell, I didn't get the call today, and then proceeded to leave my cell phone at the office. Needless to say I'll be checking it immediately when I get to work.

Spoiled myself a bit today. Bought a Smith and Wesson 9mm M&P Shield. I've been looking at these for quite some time, and one came home with me today.

Twin City members-you gotta check out Southwest Arms in Savage. Great folks to deal with and their prices are very fair.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Ive heard good things about that gun shop as well. Congrats on the shield.My dad has one loves it. Been going back and forth with either the Shield or the Kimber micros.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I priced them at that little shop over in Lakeville, Fleetfarm, that little shop in downtown Savage, and Southwest. Southwest was $75.00 cheaper for new ones. I got lucky at Southwest, as they had a excellent condition used one at a very fair price.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is The Gun Stop still around? They used to have great prices but I haven't been there in years.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last time I was over there was last fall and they were alive and well. I went in there for some reloading stuff one time and the guy at the reloading counter was just a flaming azz. I wouldn't spend a dime in their reloading dept. after that. His customer service skills were a joke.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was just at the Gun Stop about a month ago. I've heard the same about the reloading guy, but he was friendly and helpful when I was there. Curious to hear your thoughts on the Shield.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't have a shield. But everyone I've heard from that does, loves them! I'm not sure my Uncles even leaves his side at home in his recliner.

I know a few on here have one too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well guys, I got the call from the Urologist last night as I was pulling in the driveway. I have prostate cancer. I really wish this was an April Fool's joke by me, but it's not. After Deflave's April Fool's spoof last year, I'm sure this has probably raised some eyebrows, but that's not the case.

The Dr. says due to my heart condition that the most likely form of treatment will be chemo. I have an appointment with him in two weeks, and then we move forward from there. He claims this is in the very early stages, and highly treatable, so I hope that's the case. I have no intentions of letting this rule me. I'm all ready planning for the fishing opener, and I did a little shopping in the last week. A new used boat, a Smith and Wesson Shield, and today I guess I officially caught the gay, as I bought a Winchester Model 70 in .270 Winchester. I've been looking at this gun for weeks, and got it today for $280.00 with bases, rings,and a junk 4x scope on it. I'll be putting a better piece of glass on it eventually, and plan on this being my "loaner" gun. Stock's a little rough, and the open sights have been removed, but it should go bang when the trigger's pulled, and I just thought it was a good price.

You guys have no idea how much I appreciate all the well wishes and prayers. It means a lot to me that so many folks, I've never actually met, have taken time out of their busy lives to wish me well. If there's EVER anything I can do to help any of you out in any way, please make me the first call.

Best Regards,

Jeff

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well keep sending prayers and good thoughts up for you jeff.

You've been on gun buying spree and picked up a couple good ones at a great price!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You got 'em Jeff. Consider it good news that it's in the early stages. As Dave said earlier, it's highly treatable now days.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by noduck
Ive heard good things about that gun shop as well. Congrats on the shield.My dad has one loves it. Been going back and forth with either the Shield or the Kimber micros.

Do yourself a favor and get the Shield if choosing between those two for self-defense.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
He claims this is in the very early stages, and highly treatable, so I hope that's the case.

If it is in the early stages, he is absolutely correct. Even if not, it's one of the more treatable cancers.

Basically, all dudes would get prostate cancer if they live long enough, but, the plus side is that your prostate cells don't reproduce rapidly at all.

I hope all goes well with treatment!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
^^^This right here!!^^^

Hearing that C word for the first time is a punch to the gut. Take some time with it. When you're ready, go after it with a vengeance.

Prostate cancer is normally quite slow growing. Many over the age of 80 won't get treatment at all as it's more likely they'll die of old age. You're going to get good use out of those firearms and there are many deer seasons ahead.

Good thoughts and prayers as you move forward!

Steve

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steve-thanks for your PM. In reference to your comment here, I've been told the same thing. Many men live with it, but don't die from it. I'm feeling pretty good about this, and have to have faith in my care team. It scares me just the same, but this too shall pass.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I picked up a Model 70 for $280.00. Looking forward to shooting this gun. It's gonna be my loaner rifle.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by noduck

Do yourself a favor and get the Shield if choosing between those two for self-defense.

I've not heard anyone say any different about those two guns. I wish I could afford both. I really like the how the Kimber Micro fits and looks. I think you're paying a premium for the name of the Kimber. But Dave, you're about the 4th person I've heard that would pick the Shield.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
So I picked up a Model 70 for $280.00. Looking forward to shooting this gun. It's gonna be my loaner rifle.

Why loaner? Use that sucker!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Dave, you're about the 4th person I've heard that would pick the Shield.

I've owned both. I still own the Shield.

The Kimber was amazing for failure drills though.....

Page 1,654 of 1,842 1 2 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,075 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,080
Posts18,463,886
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.