-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,762 of 1,842 1 2 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1841 1842
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best of luck to Berettaman and his army of volunteers this weekend. For those who've never attended Dean's event in Alexandria, you gotta put this on your list. His Youth Outdoors Day has become a huge success, so round up your kids, or better yet, your non-hunting neighbor's kids and head for Alexandria. Tons of stuff for the kids to do, lots of giveaways, and a free lunch to boot. Dean's crew really does a great job with this.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by northern_dave
As far as power, well I've got that generator, it's a 6500 watt unit & I can wire it to remote starter inside the cabin. I have a 6 circuit breaker panel to go with it, one 20 amp & 5-15 amp circuits. I'll put that little panel in a wall inside the cabin & pull romex in the walls for outlets & lights. I'll run my lights on a 12v circuit because I also have a power converter that one of the 15 amp circuits will be dedicated to. This will step the power down to 12 volt & provide charge for deep cycle battery pack & for the gen starting battery while the gen unit is running. This way we will have lights at any time at the flip of a switch, we will probably still light lanterns or run gas lights for any long amounts of time that light may be needed but the 12 volt lights will give that quick light for getting up in the night, waking up early before sunrise to get dressed for hunting, initial lighting for when you arrive at camp in the dark & need to get things hauled inside etc.

I will also get a small solar unit to put a trickle charge into the battery packs to keep them tended & fresh during the winter months. If we need 120 volts we will just hit the generator starter button from inside the cabin. Getting a little further into detail I also have a battery isolator to put on my generator starting battery, this will allow the starting battery to accept a charge from the power converter but it acts like a check valve in the way that it will not allow the cabin to draw power from the starting battery & drain it down. It will take a while to get all of that in place but that is the long term plan for power.

Here are a couple of pictures of the weekend progress with the floor.
first layer of sheeting down
[Linked Image]
insulation & top layer going on
[Linked Image]
top layer over half way done
[Linked Image]
4 mil plastic to keep the rain off until roof goes on
[Linked Image]

Greetings younger ambitious Dave. This is older, slower, lower energy "grandpa Dave". Can you tell me what you framed that floor system out of? 2x8? 16" OC? 12"? I need to build an addition on that 12 yr old cabin now. Run electricity, running water, indoor pluming, basic remodel.... I'm trying to put together my materials list and could use a little help. I'll just wait while you think about it....

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Since I’ve read this thread about 12 times now I guess, I will say that info is in here. Early on...first year. But can’t tell you what page.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
As far as power, well I've got that generator, it's a 6500 watt unit & I can wire it to remote starter inside the cabin. I have a 6 circuit breaker panel to go with it, one 20 amp & 5-15 amp circuits. I'll put that little panel in a wall inside the cabin & pull romex in the walls for outlets & lights. I'll run my lights on a 12v circuit because I also have a power converter that one of the 15 amp circuits will be dedicated to. This will step the power down to 12 volt & provide charge for deep cycle battery pack & for the gen starting battery while the gen unit is running. This way we will have lights at any time at the flip of a switch, we will probably still light lanterns or run gas lights for any long amounts of time that light may be needed but the 12 volt lights will give that quick light for getting up in the night, waking up early before sunrise to get dressed for hunting, initial lighting for when you arrive at camp in the dark & need to get things hauled inside etc.

I will also get a small solar unit to put a trickle charge into the battery packs to keep them tended & fresh during the winter months. If we need 120 volts we will just hit the generator starter button from inside the cabin. Getting a little further into detail I also have a battery isolator to put on my generator starting battery, this will allow the starting battery to accept a charge from the power converter but it acts like a check valve in the way that it will not allow the cabin to draw power from the starting battery & drain it down. It will take a while to get all of that in place but that is the long term plan for power.

Here are a couple of pictures of the weekend progress with the floor.
first layer of sheeting down
[Linked Image]
insulation & top layer going on
[Linked Image]
top layer over half way done
[Linked Image]
4 mil plastic to keep the rain off until roof goes on
[Linked Image]

These pics here lead me to believe they’re 2x8’s Dave.

I may be wrong since you know...you built it. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave, 3 beers & 2 whiskies should fire up the dormant brain cells !

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nuther great, if windy weekend;

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Paul.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

[Linked Image]

You kept a bait fish dude. laugh

As always....looking mighty fine. We're getting a taste of fall, tho I think it's 3-4 weeks out yet. Some nice cool nights for keeping windows open, humidity free days, even a pinch of color in the maple tree in my front yard. Oh yeah, and my allergies are at peak. lol

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tell us about that BBQ sauce Paul. Did you make it from scratch?

My better 1/2 is trying to get me into canning. We don't have much from the garden to can, but I'm kinda fired up about it. Plans are to expand the garden next year to get it rolling.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tom,

I bought it from an ex-employees girlfriend, who is a qualified chef. Ashley was in a car wreck, in April & is in a back brace till October.

She's trying to keep busy, while not working, so she's been making lots of sauces & preserves !

Sauce is killa !

Paul.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like those "sweet 'n hot" type sauces.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never used to care for the hot sauces, but I'm a convert these days. Really like a few drops on my chow.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Feels like fall !

So;

[Linked Image]

Paul.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Little reminder today that it's still summer. But there are signs. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just as if somebody flipped a switch, the geese are flocking up and moving in large numbers. Saw several V's airborne the last couple days. I love the fall season.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Fall is in the air. Not here yet, but...she's coming!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
35 degrees this morning.

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
37 here

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It was 50'ish when I went to work this morning.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Heading to the woods for the first time this weekend. I have a treestand in an old spot that I hope is still there. If it is, I'll grab it and do some shooting later in the day.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck Tom.

I'm trying to talk myself out of building 2 permanent, but movable shooting blinds, due to the wet heavy snowfall we get & the continual damage to the portable blinds !!

Paul.

Page 1,762 of 1,842 1 2 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 3040Krag, 49 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,239
Posts18,466,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.