Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
40% loss of high frequencies in left ear, 25% in right. Constant ringing around the clock. Enough to drive a person crazy.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Left ear.

Screams at me.

Move her to the right for a bit.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

ΞœΞŸΞ›Ξ©Ξ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've had it for years, but had my left ear blown out by a guy shooting a rifle right next to me a little over a yr ago, I'm pretty much deaf in that ear but for the ringing. I can't hear someone talking to me unless I turn my head to use my right ear.

Same situation. Blown left ear drum from handguns. I’m considered deaf in it, especially, now since the tinnitus came along.

I can’t hear my wife most of the time because she talks in low range. Most people I can what they’re saying just fine. Maybe not, but I don’t care enough to get a hearing aide yet.

🦫

Have one of those in my family also. Son-in-law talks soft. Told him the first time we met that if he wants to take to me then he will have to grab his balls 😳 haven't heard anything he's said in 3 years πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

ΞœΞŸΞ›Ξ©Ξ ΛΑΒΕ
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You really know you got it bad when you walk into the room and your wife answers the phone.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m lucky I don’t have it, fired lots of 12 gauge shells

Originally Posted by hanco
I’m lucky I don’t have it, fired lots of 12 gauge shells

You may have avoided tinnititus shooting lots of 12 ga shells but you developed a pesky finger twitch laugh

Dave

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've gotten used to it. Really don't notice it unless someone brings i up, Lol.

It went away for awhile last year when I had my fall but it's back again.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had it a long time. I just thought it was the NWO beaming it into my head to drive me nuts. Jokes on them as I was already nuts before the ringing started.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Niagra falls cannot hear anyone unless no white noise and in the same room. Funny can heard birds singing

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had it since October 29th 2016. Left ear. Two shots into an elk with a 300 RUM with a muzzle brake. No ear protection. Really dumb on my part, wish every day I had it to do over again.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My left ear is screaming as I type this. 10 OCT 2020 was opening day of duck here. We had 3 in a boat with me in the stern. Fields of fire were established before shooting hours. Sure enough, a woody came from the stern heading away from us. As I pulled up at the 4 to 5 o'clock position, the guy in the middle fires. Fugg!! I see the muzzle flash out of the corner of my eye. The blast actually hurt in my ear. Haven't heard schitt in that ear since except this damned ringing. I figured it would go away. Same thing happened 25 years ago when my brother kept slapping the trigger of his 284 at a running doe. Four rounds from 3 feet away, forward of the muzzle. That took about 8 weeks to subside. It's been damn near 6 months since this last episode. I think I'm screwed.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
My left ear is screaming as I type this. 10 OCT 2020 was opening day of duck here. We had 3 in a boat with me in the stern. Fields of fire were established before shooting hours. Sure enough, a woody came from the stern heading away from us. As I pulled up at the 4 to 5 o'clock position, the guy in the middle fires. Fugg!! I see the muzzle flash out of the corner of my eye. The blast actually hurt in my ear. Haven't heard schitt in that ear since except this damned ringing. I figured it would go away. Same thing happened 25 years ago when my brother kept slapping the trigger of his 284 at a running doe. Four rounds from 3 feet away, forward of the muzzle. That took about 8 weeks to subside. It's been damn near 6 months since this last episode. I think I'm screwed.

yup. one time too many like me.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FFS Roger,

mentioning that scheidt around a bunch of us that have it is like..........................

playing a f'n ABBA or Neil Diamond ear worm song at a party, the stopping the music.

Hadn't thought about mine all day, even went shooting (plugs and muffs) and was around a lot of gunfire today.

Come home, eat dinner, watch some TV, then come in here in a quiet room and Roger mentions tinnitus.

Yipppeee!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Left ear.

Screams at me.

Few drops of CBD oil might help.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My version sounds like a field full of crickets. Fortunately, I find that sound quite pleasant.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I'm getting to the point I know how he felt.

A guy could look here for some help.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Left ear.

Screams at me.

Few drops of CBD oil might help.

LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
My version sounds like a field full of crickets. Fortunately, I find that sound quite pleasant.

Yup...
Year round crickets since about 1971. Co inky dinkly, about the same time as I bought my .17 Remington

Doctors back then were undecided whether mine was from loud noises, or infantile fever during a bout of measles before I was a year old.
Doctor supposedly told my folks that if I lived I'd be deaf. And likely retarded.
106 degrees for a couple of days.

The old man, when I really screwed something up, was known to say, "that damned Doc was right!"

And yeah... It's funny....

The extreme tinnitus that some suffer, not quite as amusing...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If they found a cure, it'd drive me crazy trying to readjust to not having it, and there's no way in hell I'm going to stop drinking coffee.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence”

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
96....turkey hunting, buds watch alarm went off and i didnt hear it. Same ring as in my ears.

Pulsative tinnitus sucks. Had that off n on a spell, rare now.....if it happens its light n breif.

Guitar solos on vid/ CD.....some notes now gone altogether.

Anxiety increase.

Weather/ sinus......can make it worse. Also ups misophonia. Had me all pissed off last 2 days.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.