H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
NSAIDs can crank it up bad too

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unloading the clipazine on an amish machine gun last rifle season was the cause of my flare up. Either that or the endless heckling I got when I came back to camp. It's gotten somewhat better here of late.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Unloading the clipazine on an amish machine gun last rifle season was the cause of my flare up. Either that or the endless heckling I got when I came back to camp. It's gotten somewhat better here of late.

Cause you unloaded a clipazine?
Sounds like a good flare up😉

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife

Cause you unloaded a clipazine?
Sounds like a good flare up😉

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes. I don’t like crowds anyhow

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Left ear pretty bad - right ear is ok but damn it gets real old when there isn’t any background noise. Way too much gunfire to expect anything better I suppose.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Circular saw here. mad

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Many reasons, here. Farm and heavy equipment, competitive shooting, blasting crews, building construction, to name a few.
Years ago, hearing protection was almost unknown, and mufflers were not all that common.
Noise induced, per my audiologist - unlike 2 of my brothers, where it's genetic.
Right handed long-gun shooters tend to have left ear problems, due to the angle of the head.
I've had severe tinnitus since age 14 - 68 now. "Hard of hearing" my azz - I'm damn neared deaf.
Don't put off getting hearing aids - the longer you wait, the more of the ear to brain connection (cognizance) you lose.
And that loss is irreversible.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
yeah it sucks to have it...... so what.....been through ALOT worse.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by 1minute
My version sounds like a field full of crickets. Fortunately, I find that sound quite pleasant.

Yup...
Year round crickets since about 1971. Co inky dinkly, about the same time as I bought my .17 Remington

Doctors back then were undecided whether mine was from loud noises, or infantile fever during a bout of measles before I was a year old.
Doctor supposedly told my folks that if I lived I'd be deaf. And likely retarded.
106 degrees for a couple of days.

The old man, when I really screwed something up, was known to say, "that damned Doc was right!"

And yeah... It's funny....

The extreme tinnitus that some suffer, not quite as amusing...

Your comment on your old man evoked a giggle and similar verbal slaps from my old man. His two favorites were a bit different but same idea. "I know you weren't born stupid!" was oft heard as was, "Your mother's genes are really on display today, kid..." wink Rog', I'm feeling like a contributor now. Maybe shouldn't have taken you to that Garbage show at the Orpheum downtown a few years back. Thinking back I recall being confused when you asked me how much I paid for the Jefferson Airplane tickets... As an aside, friend or not, I'd have lost my shyt and struggled with not returning the favor, TWICE, to the sorry bastard whose stupidity and negligence cost you so dearly then and forever on out. Pretty much unforgivable, IMO. I almost always make it a point hunting or shooting w/people I've done neither with before. I like my hearing, so need people to not ever put it at risk, be it with a bird hunt or at a range. I'm lucky my tinnitus is very mild and sympathize w/those who suffer severe cases.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you've ever heard what it sounds like after a big batch of Cicadas hatch out and are singing in the trees,....that's what I hear constantly.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by troublesome82
What I would really like is to be able to play the sound I have heard constantly for many years played back to the hearing consultant at the VA through her headphones! Condescending consultants are the norm here. I do not wish this screeching on anyone , as it it overwhelming some days!

Here is something that ALL of YOU GUYS should try, my dear wife some time in her 40s started hearing a noise in her head doc's did not know what it was and tried a few different things with no relive, one night as i was laying beside her I could actually hear the noise ,, kind of a swishing sound. so off to the doc OK i can hear that , NOBODY had thought of trying to hear the sound DA, SO then find out if someone else can hear the noise that you hear,
It turns out that she had a malformation of blood vessels inside the skull but outside of the brain, almost like a patch of steelwool of vessels and the sound was blood being forced through the restrictions .

I won't go through all the things they tried but the main thing that is important is some one else besides you can hear the noise, and that becomes the starting point of treatment.

If any of you want more info PM me

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
40+ years of it. Sucks, but have obviously gotten used to it.

Black Cows Matter!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
211 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,793
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.