Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by JeffP
[quote=MtnHiker]And the point of this thread is?

They are only running mass shootings that fit their narrative. If it’s not a white shooter suppress it. If it’s not “assault rifle” suppress it. It’s a dog and pony show

This is the same sort of intellectual dishonest that the gun-grabbers engage in when they claim any black rifle is an “assault weapon”.

The point is the same as it has always been - focus on the perp, not the tool.

There’s very little intellectual about dishonesty but I get your point. The masses don’t know the difference or even care.

Anything "black" fits their weak-ass narrative.

You know. Black loafers, black dresses, black sneakers.

There’s a definite commonality within that.

If the Dems pass their new "Universal Background Check" legislation, then you will have true registrations with a central repository containing all firearm sales including make, model, and serial number kept indefinitely.

Tell your buddy Hastings that.. in those words.

MAYBE YOU CAN CONVINCE HIM TO STOP VOTING FOR COMMUCRATS!

Please include Jimmy Jr.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MtnHiker
And the point of this thread is?

They are only running mass shootings that fit their narrative. If it’s not a white shooter suppress it. If it’s not “assault rifle” suppress it. It’s a dog and pony show

You’re exactly right but it wasn’t a SBR. It was a pistol.

I guess the media will now come up with a AP designation for assault pistol.

Obviously, neither of you know what a Pistol Brace is and why the use of a braced pistol actually fits one of the Second Amendment attack plans upon the Second Amendment.

This is an AR pistol with a stabilizing brace:

[Linked Image from vpc.org]

So is this:

[Linked Image from cdn.athlonoutdoors.com]

Notice in that second picture, the pistol's being stabilized against the shoulder.

Since neither of you apparently keep up on any gun laws regulations enacted since 1968, let me give you a visual primer:

[Linked Image from miro.medium.com]

Now use your brain a little bit and see if you can figure out how the Marxist will use the to further attack the Second Amendment through regulatory action.

So do enlighten us . Why is MSM not covering this as they would if the perp was white or the weapon an AR?

Rhetorical

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
And the point of this thread is?

You’re exactly right but it wasn’t a SBR. It was a pistol.

I guess the media will now come up with a AP designation for assault pistol.

Obviously, neither of you know what a Pistol Brace is and why the use of a braced pistol actually fits one of the Second Amendment attack plans upon the Second Amendment.

This is an AR pistol with a stabilizing brace:

[Linked Image from vpc.org]

So is this:

[Linked Image from cdn.athlonoutdoors.com]

Notice in that second picture, the pistol's being stabilized against the shoulder.

Since neither of you apparently keep up on any gun laws regulations enacted since 1968, let me give you a visual primer:

[Linked Image from miro.medium.com]

Now use your brain a little bit and see if you can figure out how the Marxist will use the to further attack the Second Amendment through regulatory action.

So do enlighten us . Why is MSM not covering this as they would if the perp was white or the weapon an AR?

Rhetorical

The weapon was an AR. Did you not see my explanation above?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
You’re inferring something not implied.

Truth in politics and MSM is perception and how it fits their narrative . Their narrative is black assault “rifles”, violent WHITE guys and racism . (Even though their end game is all guns).
If their criteria isn’t reached they shut a story down.

Rifle isn’t “black assault rifle” , kill it
Guy isn’t white, kill it
Perp black, Middle East,Muslim,Mexican, kill it or go out of their way to negate race.

That’s my point of the whole thread. It’s propaganda not reporting.

Did you not read the articles header?
Democrats Coasting on Boulder Shooting to Ban 'Assault Weapons' Hit a Snag as Police Reveal There Was No Rifle Involved

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It will be labeled an

Semi Automatic Assault Style Pistol.

The "Assault Style" is the new flavor.
They can get away from the correct argument from the pro 2A side that the formerly used term "Assault Weapon" is applicable only to fully automatic weapons.

Listened to NPR the other day while in Radio Wasteland. They were throwing around the "Assault Style " words like tennis balls at the dog park.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You’re inferring something not implied.

Truth in politics and MSM is perception and how it fits their narrative . Their narrative is black assault “rifles”, violent WHITE guys and racism . (Even though their end game is all guns).
If their criteria isn’t reached they shut a story down.

Rifle isn’t “black assault rifle” , kill it
Guy isn’t white, kill it
Perp black, Middle East,Muslim,Mexican, kill it or go out of their way to negate race.

That’s my point of the whole thread. It’s propaganda not reporting.

Did you not read the articles header?
Democrats Coasting on Boulder Shooting to Ban 'Assault Weapons' Hit a Snag as Police Reveal There Was No Rifle Involved

Boulders Assault Weapon ban, which included AR pistols, hit a snag due to Colorado's preemption statute. That's why even our liberal state courts struck it down.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
they should ban democrats brainwashing people to do mass killings. way easier fix

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How many times have you heard these squawking heads use the term "automatic weapons" lately?

They use a term once and get away with it, it's on forever.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My point was arguing the particulars of the gun type vs shooter is a nutjob is a bad way to go. Non gun folks will never grasp the particulars. They dont want to. They don't want anyone to have any guns so why engage them. Only a fool argues with fools. Our stance is he is a nutjob gun types are irrelevent and we accept no further restriction.

A skilled shooter with a cowboy setup or pump shotgun could inflict mass casualties. The issue is criminals and the mentally ill not the gun or its particulars.

Antelope most on here are gun folks so you are barking at the wrong folks. WTF saying we do not know laws and to use our brain cells. I know the AR platform and the ATF rules. As an example I also know the ATF rules are ridiculous and they flip flopped over shouldering a pistol with a brace. I also know pefectly well a vertical pistol grip on pistol goes AOW but there is an atf letter making a magpull AFG ok. You want to try to explain an AR pistol is not an AR? Per the rules no but it walks and talks like a duck. It is a ridiculuos dance of symantics led by useless bureacrats If you think explaining the particulars of this will win any hearts and minds then maybe you should take your own advice.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Right. Fools need to be kept in check so they don't harm anyone, or society in general. No point in arguing with them.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FBI was aware of him and another friend , details at 11.

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
My point was arguing the particulars of the gun type vs shooter is a nutjob .

I’m not arguing that weapon type is relevant. The link to the story header , the media did.

I’m saying the media using it or the perp or victims race/creed/color/religion to decide if/how they cover the story is the issue.

Mine is a criticism of reporting .

They used to vaguely shield their bias, now it’s up front and they don’t give a rats ass. Like the way they are reporting the two girls that murdered that man.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 38 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,671
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.