Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wanted to run this by a larger sampling of like-minded persons. Has anyone encountered this with cashing a check, or age verification of alcohol?

I don’t flash that around for ID, but my Tn Drivers Lic was on my visor and I was doing some sit-down business inside the bank.

Not sure about other states and yes I realize in some great states you don’t even have to have a state card for conceal carry.

Just FFS, our Tn handgun carry permit number IS same as your drivers license number. Has your photo on it, all the particulars, hologram elements, looks just like a DL
Have to get background TBI, all that good stuff.
Funny thing to add: not funny haha, but funny kinda queer, a Tn handgun carry permit is acceptable ID when applying for the REAL ID extra vetting ID thingie with the gold star.

Question is: is US Bank being anti-2nd Amendment ?

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yes.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting as I've never thought of using my permit as ID. It's probably more of a procedural thing than bias, but the Careuns are everywhere. Our permits kinda look like they came out of a Cracker Jack box.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Most likely they have a training manual that says to ask for a driver's license for identification, and the retard bank people don't have enough intelligence or understanding to do anything other than what their manual says.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yeah...once when I had to show ID at a store for something my SC CWP was on top. Girl asked if I had “an actual driver’s license.” Another time one went to the manager to be sure it was okay. Also once, they got funny about a US passport card. The problem is, they’re told “driver’s license” or “state-issued photo I’d, such as driver’s license” and the poor little creatures lack the cognitive processing skills to get beyond “driver’s license.” Now, on the other hand, when you pay with a debit or credit card at the Palmetto State Armory stores, they require photo Id and never bat an eye if it’s a CWP (which is probably what they see the most of.)

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I can't see why it wouldn't be a valid form of ID. Sounds like BS to me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've ran into this before, but not very often. They're just trying to be difficult, or they're ignorant concerning carry permit. Probably a little of both.

Romans 5:1
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yep I work for a bank and concealed carry licenses are not on our list of approved methods of identification.

There are lots of very official looking “IDs” around that don’t carry the same weight as a drivers license or passport so we are given rather specific instruction as to what we can and can’t use. Much of this has to do with readily recognizing a potential fraud and not enough people use concealed carry as ID so front liners can’t recognize legit from false.

In a small institution like mine a manager is given discretion and I would take it if that was all a person who I didn’t know had on them but most people carry their drivers license with them as faithfully as their concealed carry permit.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Those who know, know.

Those who don't, don't, probably never will.

Doesn't have to make sense.

CCW harder to get than DL. Gotta have a DL to get a CCW, which requires a background check.

But ya gotta know what you're looking at, what it means, for it to make sense.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never thought of using the CC as an ID, either. However our CC card is the same size as the drivers license and has all the same information on it. They are not the same number, but the DL number is on the CC card.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw
Yep I work for a bank and concealed carry licenses are not on our list of approved methods of identification.

There are lots of very official looking “IDs” around that don’t carry the same weight as a drivers license or passport so we are given rather specific instruction as to what we can and can’t use. Much of this has to do with readily recognizing a potential fraud and not enough people use concealed carry as ID so front liners can’t recognize legit from false.

In a small institution like mine a manager is given discretion and I would take it if that was all a person who I didn’t know had on them but most people carry their drivers license with them as faithfully as their concealed carry permit.

I’m glad you posted in here, I was think of you when I started this thread.

I have their CIP,

Would my permit fit in their category for State issues Non-DL ?

[url=https://postimages.org/][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Happened yesterday at a Publix, girl said they do not recognize it even though it a state issued id. Makes no since at all. My only thought is they maybe easier to fake or the cashiers dont see enough of them to know if they are legit or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well... Yes, US Bank is decidedly anti-2A.

But I don't think that a dedicated concealed carry permit is recognized in most places as identification. I had a Florida permit for many years and their gun laws state specifically that you must carry both your CC Permit and legal identification to carry a weapon. Leave either at home, and get caught, you are subject to a fine.
$25, IIRC

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I imagine its what they are taught/instructed to do. Some of the ones working the counter locally shouldn't be allowed to reproduce let alone be in charge of validating someones ID.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Inside that bank, in my wallet I had a recently Expired DL, same Me picture on it but they kicked that back too. I was hanging onto that because I use it often at the hospital, they don’t get all anal about being out of date by 5 months.

This bank just within the last couple weeks allowed in-person account services and I prefer face to face.
Just having that expired DL, I give that to my dad when I have surgical procedures done, he’s previously lost my active current DL before, so anyway. Just played out as such.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Your bank is anti 2nd amendment, and the Tennessee carry permit is just as much a government issued ID as a driver’s license. I’ve never had a problem using mine as such.

Last edited by gregintenn; 03/29/21.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by johnw
Well... Yes, US Bank is decidedly anti-2A.

But I don't think that a dedicated concealed carry permit is recognized in most places as identification. I had a Florida permit for many years and their gun laws state specifically that you must carry both your CC Permit and legal identification to carry a weapon. Leave either at home, and get caught, you are subject to a fine.
$25, IIRC

Yessir

Handgun in the center console, DL on the visor as primary ID, no reaching and rooting around if I get pulled over. That’s usually what I do. And I was in the bank drive thru and they’d have asked, well there it is on the visor.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I dumped all the”big bank” outfits years ago. I only carry Chase Saphire now and deal with regional banking entities.
The mega banks can go jump in the river.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Your bank is anti 2nd amendment, and the Tennessee carry permit is just as much a government issued ID as a driver’s license. I’ve never had a problem using mine as such.

Bait shop and at least one gas station I get an occasional beer at won’t accept it for alcohol age verification either.

But you can use that handgun permit for ID when buying a fishing license in there. 😔

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 51 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.