Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Osky
I dumped all the”big bank” outfits years ago. I only carry Chase Saphire now and deal with regional banking entities.
The mega banks can go jump in the river.

Osky

I spread it around, 2 big nationwide banks and one Farmer’s-Merchant’s hometown bank.

They piss me off individually in their own way and I rotate between them. My kids use a fourth bank I have them set up at a community credit union to run all their school grants and scholarship stipends thru.

The big banks have seemingly robotically-dumb people and my smaller bank, the tellers are snotty/bitchy short-haired cünts working there

Hell, maybe it’s just me. lol

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think you could use our permits to get a haircut. They're pretty cheesy in my opinion. I'm a US Bank customer as well. I'm going to ask the manager about this next time I can. She's conservative, and will not sugar coat the topic.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
No the “state issued non-drivers license ID card” is specifying a particular document, not a class of IDs. That is, for those individuals who aren’t licensed to drive states issue an official ID. That’s what they’re allowing for there.

In Michigan our concealed carry permits are actually issued by County, but as has been pointed out the requirements for obtaining one are more stringent than those for a DL so it’d stand to reason a person who knows how to recognize the markings built into them for security/authenticity’s sake would accept, but most people aren’t trained in those markings.

I don’t think it’s an anti-2A reason they’re not taking it. Heck most ANTIs don’t even know it requires a background check to buy a gun much less that a license is required to carry one concealed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I have my carry permit, I also have my DL. They are stored about 1/8" apart in my wallet. The carry permit is not allowed out of the wallet except when a new wallet is put into service or on request of LEO. And I've had exactly one LEO ask for it in all of the years I carried.
Safe dark place...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wanted to run this by a larger sampling of like-minded persons. Has anyone encountered this with cashing a check, or age verification of alcohol?

I don’t flash that around for ID, but my Tn Drivers Lic was on my visor and I was doing some sit-down business inside the bank.

Not sure about other states and yes I realize in some great states you don’t even have to have a state card for conceal carry.

Just FFS, our Tn handgun carry permit number IS same as your drivers license number. Has your photo on it, all the particulars, hologram elements, looks just like a DL
Have to get background TBI, all that good stuff.
Funny thing to add: not funny haha, but funny kinda queer, a Tn handgun carry permit is acceptable ID when applying for the REAL ID extra vetting ID thingie with the gold star.

Question is: is US Bank being anti-2nd Amendment ?

My Florida Concealed Weapon License has the same format as my Drivers License, and it is acceptable as photo ID here. I think the banker just made a mistake.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw
No the “state issued non-drivers license ID card” is specifying a particular document, not a class of IDs. That is, for those individuals who aren’t licensed to drive states issue an official ID. That’s what they’re allowing for there.

In Michigan our concealed carry permits are actually issued by County, but as has been pointed out the requirements for obtaining one are more stringent that’s those for a DL so it’d stand to reason a person who knows how to recognize the markings built into them for security/authenticity’s sake would accept, but more people aren’t trained in those markings.

I don’t think it’s an anti-2A reason they’re not taking it. Heck most ANTIs don’t even know it requires a background check to buy a gun much less that a license is required to carry one concealed.

Thanks for the reply.

As aside, I had a construction laborer a few years back. He had a Non DL ID card. lol
On his it said TN DRUG OFFENDER

I think that is for LEO but those same gas stations I mentioned, they would not sell him beer because of that header on his DL. 😃

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Those who know, know.

Those who don't, don't, probably never will.

Doesn't have to make sense.

CCW harder to get than DL. Gotta have a DL to get a CCW, which requires a background check.

But ya gotta know what you're looking at, what it means, for it to make sense.

DF

Exactly Dirt Farmer, a concealed weapons permit requires a background check and FBI fingerprints to obtain one. WTF?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by efw
Yep I work for a bank and concealed carry licenses are not on our list of approved methods of identification.

There are lots of very official looking “IDs” around that don’t carry the same weight as a drivers license or passport so we are given rather specific instruction as to what we can and can’t use. Much of this has to do with readily recognizing a potential fraud and not enough people use concealed carry as ID so front liners can’t recognize legit from false.

In a small institution like mine a manager is given discretion and I would take it if that was all a person who I didn’t know had on them but most people carry their drivers license with them as faithfully as their concealed carry permit.

I’m glad you posted in here, I was think of you when I started this thread.

I have their CIP,

Would my permit fit in their category for State issues Non-DL ?

[url=https://postimages.org/][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

With 20 years in the Financial Industry, no it does not. What they are referring to on that line is a "Drivers License" that does not permit you to drivel In Colorado I believe that's a "X" restriction, and is issued for ID purposes only.

Additionally our state statutes specifically carry permits are not valid for ID purposes, and the carry permit is not valid unless also accompanied by your drivers license.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/29/21.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It's not you. Robotically-dumb people need to pretend they have power and authority. When I went into a Florida police station to be fingerprinted for my CC license the desk officer refused to accept my U.S. Passport as ID. Only my Florida driver's license would do.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I thought the only two official ID's were a drivers license or passport.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have heard of that elsewhere....
Perhaps because it is issued at the county level?
But the CCP is defined by state law and is thus a state photo ID.

And, after all, drivers licenses are issued at the "district" level, and passports at the post office level. So it should be acceptable in my opinion...

My best guess is that they don't have a sample in their training book..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I went on a two week vacation in Hawaii and grabbed my pistol permit instead of my drivers license for ID while flying. Wasn’t renting a car and no one noticed or said anything about my permit being
I D.

Last edited by Mike_S; 03/29/21.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

And, after all, drivers licenses are issued at the "district" level, and passports at the post office level. So it should be acceptable in my opinion...

Pass ports are not issued by the Post Office. They are issued by the State Department.
Sure you can turn in your documents at the Post Office, or like I did at City Hall, but that's not the issuing authority.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

I said in my OP our carry permits are state hologram cards.

This isnt peepaw county where you have go blow the sheriff for permission to carry.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by efw
Yep I work for a bank and concealed carry licenses are not on our list of approved methods of identification.

There are lots of very official looking “IDs” around that don’t carry the same weight as a drivers license or passport so we are given rather specific instruction as to what we can and can’t use. Much of this has to do with readily recognizing a potential fraud and not enough people use concealed carry as ID so front liners can’t recognize legit from false.

In a small institution like mine a manager is given discretion and I would take it if that was all a person who I didn’t know had on them but most people carry their drivers license with them as faithfully as their concealed carry permit.

Thats kind of interesting when it takes MUCH more to get a CHL than a DL. my TX CHL has my DL info on it... not required in AK.

I try not to use it as ID, no real reason, but say I didn't drive a car, what are you going to take?

I carry my pocket card passport as ID when I'm guiding as I try to keep my DL in my billfold period and never remove it and don't take billfold on the river or in the planes...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Was told it's "not on our list" so used my voter id with photo was told "it's not on the list either" State trooper walks over tells Mr.Banker "It's got the State seal therefore it's a valid state id so give this man his money.' Didn't want too but they did.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have used my Florida CCW for ID, but only on a few occasions and as backup to my D.L. One time I did use it as backup ID, I said to the obahseer when she looked at my CCW, "Forget that other one" (pointing to D.L). THIS is the important one". (Pointing to CCW).

Her black female limbs became stiff. smile

Never tried it by itself. Might do that just for yucks to see what happens.

LOL.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
What's the big deal?

I carry my CCW and DL in my wallet at all times.

I very seldom go into a bank for any reason.

You can't expect bank tellers to use judgement. It's one of the lowest paid jobs there is.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
What's the big deal?

I carry my CCW and DL in my wallet at all times.

I very seldom go into a bank for any reason.

You can't expect bank tellers to use judgement. It's one of the lowest paid jobs there is.

The "big deal" is it's a state-vetted, state-delivered "license" with your "picture ID", genius.

And it takes a helluva lot more to get one of them than a driver's license.

Surprised you have room for either a D.L. or CCW in your wallet, with the vax passport, EBT cards and all.

LMAO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
105 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,394 guests, and 687 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.