Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Good morning Campfire members.

I’m looking for some feedback and recommendations on Bowker Safaris located in South Africa. The operation is led by Meyrick Bowker in the Eastern Cape.

My friends and I are in the process of booking a hunt, and before we firm up our plans I’d like to hear about your experiences.

Thank you.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Anybody?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I can help you out a little. I made the of acquaitance with Frank Bowker through mutual friends way back in late 1980's He was a real good guy, and was into record book Eastern Cape Kudu when South Africa was a very minor safari stop for Americans. He and his family have (had?? Never know these days) huge land holdings in the Eastern Cape as ranchers, and of course since they settled there 100+ years ago, they know everybody around so access to hunting property was/is limitless.

Frank was (is?) very active in SCI and PHSSA. I haven't spoken with Frank in years, but I have no question in my mind that if his son Meyrick has taken over the business, it will be done right. I'd book with them in an instant. Enjoy!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you know anybody with an old SCI African Record book from the late 1980's or early 1990's take a look through the entrees and you will be amazed at how many top Eastern Cap species were taken with Frank, especially big Kudu.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://bowkersafaris.co.za/

I have not hunted with Bowkers, but Meyrick has attended hunting shows in Calgary for many years, pre-Covid. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy with an understated sense of humor. We always have a few chats as I am helping with the show, SCI Calgary, or my friend's (Hotfire Safaris) booth.

If you choose to go with him, I am pretty sure you will have a great time.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, Sako Hunter, I see you are from Katy Texas.

Calgary has a Canadian Football League team and our starting QB is from Katy Texas, Bo Levi Mitchell. He has carved out a very nice career here. If he keeps it up, he may retire as the G.O.A.T..

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have hunted with Meyrick Bowker twice. He is a very good PH and the Bowker family controls a lot of really good hunting area. Meyrick's father Frank was instrumental in getting the safari business going in RSA. Meyrick's brother Denham is also a very good PH.

You won't be sorry hunting with the Bowkers. It really is a top outfit. Sent you a PM with some photos.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (2500HD, 204guy, 160user, 12344mag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,635
Posts18,455,246
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.