Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
C&P from any of the plethora of other similar threads.

Nope this time we are gonna break out the snakes and toss them around a little.

BP-B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by efw
Yep, there is a big difference between religion and relationship. Kinda like having a backstage pass instead the cheap seats in the nose bleed section.

In the case of Christianity those who have a relationship with our Lord get to observe His invitation to feast on His flesh and drink His blood, and be washed of wine by the waters of baptism on His account, all of which are recognized as intimately real evidence of His love AND religious in their nature.

A twofer.
I'm not Catholic. No cannibalism or vampires in my theology.

I’m not Roman Catholic either but I believe the words of
Our Lord as recorded in Scripture.

Do you?

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Kellywk
I was raised Catholic but gave it up for Lent one year.

A recovering catholic.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Religion? Yes. Christian.

As to all the ones that point to this or that confirming non belief, I urge to to quit wasting your time. Fairly simple, I believe. And there are certain rewards to that so to speak.

You don't get a reward for trying to point out why not to believe. So that time is better spent for you shooting, reloading etc...

Just some advice.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My thought after several years of reflecting is: religion is basically a tool to explain the unexplainable and a means of directing behavior.

I also hope that if there are indeed afterlife rewards that regardless of whether one is Hindu, Christian, Buddhist, or whatever he will gain entry if he lived a good life.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/30/21.

1Minute
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw
Yep, there is a big difference between religion and relationship. Kinda like having a backstage pass instead the cheap seats in the nose bleed section.

In the case of Christianity those who have a relationship with our Lord get to observe His invitation to feast on His flesh and drink His blood, and be washed of wine by the waters of baptism on His account, all of which are recognized as intimately real evidence of His love AND religious in their nature.

A twofer.

Do you?

So you believe Jesus was telling those with a relationship with Him to eat His flesh and drink His blood, and you're not a Catholic of the Roman variety? The real evidence of His love was displayed on the cross. How religious was that? Goodness man! What has gotten into you these days?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Heaven or Hell is a choice and Christians send no one either place. Life is HIS creation and gift. We choose to live by the spirit or flesh and whether to reject or accept HIM as our Creator.
All sin. HE can forgive all sin if one accepts HIM. HE cant absolve the unforgivable sin because in that situation the sinner doesnt believe in HIM or HIS ability to forgive.

A doctor cant cause healing if the patient rejects tbe treatment.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

A twofer.

Do you?

So you believe Jesus was telling those with a relationship with Him to eat His flesh and drink His blood, and you're not a Catholic of the Roman variety? The real evidence of His love was displayed on the cross. How religious was that? Goodness man! What has gotten into you these days?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Heaven or Hell is a choice and Christians send no one either place. ...

Wondering. Have any of you ever wondered just what a soul that goes to Heaven does when it gets there? Do souls eat and if so, is there a central dining hall for all heavenly souls? What kind of food is served and how often? Does a soul sleep and if so, where? Does a soul have its own house, apartment, condo, cabin, etc.? Or is there just one gigantic barracks where all souls sleep? Do Heavenly souls get together with the souls of loved ones who also went to Heaven? Do souls not do much but walk around on golden streets in long white robes playing golden harps throughout eternity? Other questions but these'll do.

Just wondering.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Organized Religion is the worst thing to happen to Christianity. But it’s what man does with any gift. Pervert it to their own views and prejudices in order to feel better about themselves.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Wondering. Have any of you ever wondered just what a soul that goes to Heaven does when it gets there? Do souls eat and if so, is there a central dining hall for all heavenly souls? What kind of food is served and how often? Does a soul sleep and if so, where? Does a soul have its own house, apartment, condo, cabin, etc.? Or is there just one gigantic barracks where all souls sleep? Do Heavenly souls get together with the souls of loved ones who also went to Heaven? Do souls not do much but walk around on golden streets in long white robes playing golden harps throughout eternity? Other questions but these'll do.

Just wondering.

L.W.

I hope we have chocolate milk! Actually, Heaven is actually hard for me to get a grip on. Better by far than the best day in the best place this life has to offer. Hope I see you there. We can be amazed together.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

So you believe Jesus was telling those with a relationship with Him to eat His flesh and drink His blood, and you're not a Catholic of the Roman variety?

Correct. Never been a Romanist; my tradition actually names the Pope as a force of anti-Christ. We also explicitly reject the doctrine of transubstantiation.

Genuine question... if Jesus said something in Scripture are we who are in a saving relationship with Him bound to believe He meant it?

Another genuine question for all Christians; is the physical world the only “reality” there is? Can, in the instance of our Lord’s Supper, one believe that there is, mysteriously, a REAL presence as He said, while rejecting transubstantiation?

The real evidence of His love was displayed on the cross. How religious was that? Goodness man!

Religion is defined as: a particular system of faith and worship so yeah, given that I believe that He truly offered Himself on the cross, was in the ground for 3 days, and that God resurrected Him from the dead, I’d say that’s religious in its nature.

Unless we’re using a different definition of the word “religion”?

What has gotten into you these days?

Nothing new... I have always believed in the words of our Lord recorded in Scripture:

John 6: 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

And in His supper:

Mt 26: 26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the[c] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

And then just to reenforce the point the Apostle Paul says:

1 Cor 11: 23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for[f] you. Do this in remembrance of me.”[g] 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

I tend to believe that all of these passages are absolutely true and that, in His lovingkindness, Christ left this as a gift for His people.

Do you disagree?

I’m genuinely interested in anyone’s answers to the questions above. They have lead me to my thoughts on the supper.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Just wondering.

L.W.

Kind of late to be asking that now. If you’ve pissed away 80 years loafing, the big guy might let you wash dishes for eternity. Unless he was a Gunsmoke fan.

LOL

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
For anyone that does not, "get it", we are Saved by one thing. and one thing only.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I should recall your name?

Have a great day!

Ummm.........antelope_sniper......... wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
No Paul, the gentleman I referred to , and I have swapped pleasant PM's , and a phone call.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by efw

So you believe Jesus was telling those with a relationship with Him to eat His flesh and drink His blood, and you're not a Catholic of the Roman variety?

Correct. Never been a Romanist; my tradition actually names the Pope as a force of anti-Christ. We also explicitly reject the doctrine of transubstantiation.

Genuine question... if Jesus said something in Scripture are we who are in a saving relationship with Him bound to believe He meant it?

Another genuine question for all Christians; is the physical world the only “reality” there is? Can, in the instance of our Lord’s Supper, one believe that there is, mysteriously, a REAL presence as He said, while rejecting transubstantiation?

The real evidence of His love was displayed on the cross. How religious was that? Goodness man!

Religion is defined as: a particular system of faith and worship so yeah, given that I believe that He truly offered Himself on the cross, was in the ground for 3 days, and that God resurrected Him from the dead, I’d say that’s religious in its nature.

Unless we’re using a different definition of the word “religion”?

What has gotten into you these days?

Nothing new... I have always believed in the words of our Lord recorded in Scripture:

John 6: 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

And in His supper:

Mt 26: 26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the[c] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

And then just to reenforce the point the Apostle Paul says:

1 Cor 11: 23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for[f] you. Do this in remembrance of me.”[g] 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

I tend to believe that all of these passages are absolutely true and that, in His lovingkindness, Christ left this as a gift for His people.

Do you disagree?

I’m genuinely interested in anyone’s answers to the questions above. They have lead me to my thoughts on the supper.

I've came to the same understanding as you. Could be because we are brothers, & the same Holy Spirit that dwells in you dwells in me.

Romans 5:1
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No Paul, the gentleman I referred to , and I have swapped pleasant PM's , and a phone call.

And it's time we do that again. I'll plan to be busy the next few nights, but will hope to catch up with you soon.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A lot of people believe you choose Heaven or Hell. That’s isn’t really true - no sane person would ever choose Hell and torment in a lake of fire. Even is you think it is a fairytale, you aren’t going to deliberately choose Hell. What you are really choosing is your sin over God’s forgiveness. You are saying “nah, I don’t need that, I’m good and I like to do what I like to do”. Christians on the other hand, recognize they are sinners and simply ask God’s forgiveness which comes through faith in what Christ did when he was crucified and rose again.
Personally, if you don’t want forgiveness, that’s on you and nobody else. The Gospel has been presented numerous times on this forum. I’m not going to argue the point anymore. I’ll pray for some, but I can’t make anyone believe anything.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
677 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,977 guests, and 1,429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.