Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It horrifies me how thoroughly the government (at every level) has indoctrinated us and systematically stripped away almost every right we once possessed. We now offer nuanced arguments about whether or not we should raise the capital gains rate or what sort of a limit is appropriate for the inheritance (death) tax. How did we get to this point?

How have we come to a place where the government controls every single aspect of our lives from who we can hire to who we must serve as a business owner? How do we cheerfully pay sales tax, real estate tax, personal property tax, licensing taxes on everything from the right to go fishing to the right to get married to taxes on our gasoline, on our investment profits and even on what little is left when we finally die?

How did we get to the place where government tells us what sort of insurance we can (or must) have, what sort of vaccinations we must have, whether we're entitled to own a firearm for self-protection, what our children must be taught about sexual and gender in school? The list is ENDLESS of government intrusion into our daily lives, our businesses, our finances, our faith and our families.

Why have we been reduced to blindly accepting what our grandparents and great-grandparents would NEVER have accepted for even a moment? The founding fathers are spinning in their graves as they watch 330+ million people grovel and beg at the feet of a grotesquely gluttonous government that's supposed to be there to help us instead of to subjugate us. Like a frog placed in tepid water, the government has been slowly turning up the heat under the pot for 50+ years and we're all being boiled alive by those we elected to protect our freedoms and empower us to better our lives and the lives of our children. We've come to numbly accept what was utterly UNacceptable to every generation of Americans until Lyndon Johnson began "The Great Society".

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It all ended with the Immigration act of 1965, brought to you by a couple of Jews, Hart and Celler. (((They ))) blackmailed Teddy Kennedy and the rest is history.

It's just fact, but the indoctrinated dipshits just can't overcome the brainwash.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Too many Americans are asking and voting for "What will my country do for me" rather than " What can I do for my country (and myself)."

“Factio democratica delenda est"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We got here because we stopped:

Honoring the Lord Thy God with all of our heart, soul, mind & strength & doing unto others as we would have them do unto us.

"Bless the Lord, o my soul. Bless His holy name. Bless the Lord & forget not all His benefits." Psalm 103

When was the last time you said those words as unto Him & meant it?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It seems we have been subjected to conditioning over a number of years. The Overton window has been slowly and carefully slid to the left, toward Communism, almost as if according to a coordinated plan.

I wonder who could be behind something as subversive as this?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well said Reloder28
Your response got my attention and I am making that change right now

GoTigersGo
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's big city or citified thinking. that's how we got here.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Simple........too many people voting for Democrats.........

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stickfight
It seems we have been subjected to conditioning over a number of years. The Overton window has been slowly and carefully slid to the left, toward Communism, almost as if according to a coordinated plan.

New World (Dis)Order
In 1991 George H.W. Bush promised a “New World Order.” A quarter of a century later, we’re finally catching a glimpse of it—like it or not.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Lacy1
Well said Reloder28
Your response got my attention and I am making that change right now

Never too late to do the right thing.

Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Reloder28

New World (Dis)Order
In 1991 George H.W. Bush promised a “New World Order.” A quarter of a century later, we’re finally catching a glimpse of it—like it or not.

It started before 91. Political correctness was shoved up our ass in the early 80s.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Dumbassed white goy, mostly.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We've got where were at for one simple reason. Fundamentally conservatives believe that everyone has the right to think what they want , believe what they want and do whatever they will while liberals feel if you don't think and do what they say is right you are wrong and your only value is paying taxes to support their miserable existence. That simple.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
To the OP:

Apathy is how, in the main.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
We got here because we stopped:

Honoring the Lord Thy God with all of our heart, soul, mind & strength & doing unto others as we would have them do unto us.

"Bless the Lord, o my soul. Bless His holy name. Bless the Lord & forget not all His benefits." Psalm 103

When was the last time you said those words as unto Him & meant it?

big part of it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Woodrow Wilson started expanding the government in earnest, FDR took over where he left off, and LBJ made the hog trough even bigger, all in the name of a more enlightened, "fair and just" society. Every one of them had a convenient crisis to exploit that instilled fear and uncertainty in the electorate, and they were able to convince voters that they and their programs were the solution.

But even then it was nothing new. The formulation of leftist ideology has always been the bailiwick of "intellectuals" who actually contribute little or nothing to society and do little or nothing but sit around gazing at their navels and dreaming up reasons why they're not glorified and praised and why they should be. It always has been and always will be about power and control. At the core of every incarnation of far left thought lies the tenet that society should be governed by authoritarian administrative states headed by councils or bureaus of "enlightened experts."

Three guesses as to who those "enlightened experts" should rightfully be.

The fact that this didn't happen in the west has been eating away at their narcissistic little hearts for two centuries. Since the Wilson administration, and especially after WWII, they have infiltrated our society with the intention of molding public thought and the dissemination of information, and they have been quite successful. Once a bloated administrative bureaucracy was in place, it was child's play for them to co-opt it to their purposes.

The opinion of leftist "intellectuals" has always been that the people are too stupid and ignorant to know what's in their bests interests and to govern themselves. Only they can do that. After a century of their manipulating modern society via our education systems, media, and entertainment institutions, a century in which the human nature the Founders feared, anticipated, and guarded against, incrementally ran its course, and we have arrived at a time and place where they are basically correct.

Being a good person--a good Christian, if you will--is not inherent in a basic human nature that is still programmed at a tribal level where all "other" is an enemy to be violently reacted to and does not have the same rights as "we" or "us." It requires effort. The same goes for maintaining liberty in a constitutional republic; it doesn't just occur. It requires work and constant vigilance on the part of the people, not the government.

We stopped being involved citizens and started being self-absorbed consumers; we stopped questioning things for ourselves and, at best, abdicated that responsibility to talking-head pundits who served their own agendas and fed us the "information" they wanted us to hear; we tuned out of public discourse in favor of sitting in echo-chambers where the only voices and opinions we heard were those that fed our own confirmation bias and instilled in us the firm belief that we were Right. And worst of all, we became more interested in being entertained than being informed

Yep, we.

Me, you, and all those other guys and gals who just want to live our lives and be left alone. The Founders knew that this was not a realistic possibility, that there would always be those who would attempt to subvert the republic to their own ends and that basic human nature had to be constantly guarded against. We didn't do that. They took advantage of that fact. They showed up at town council meetings and we didn't; they showed up at the school board meetings and we didn't; they formed groups and coalitions and lobbied congress and we didn't, not really. That too was abdicated to organizations that supposedly represented our interests but in reality only represented their own.

And here we are.

They will never leave us alone. Not going to happen.

A repblic if you can keep it.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
“You get the behavior you tolerate.”

“Tolerant” folks have been “tolerating” garbage for over 50 years. It hasn’t made this nation stronger or better.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Quote ShaunRyan "Me, you, and all those other guys and gals who just want to live our lives and be left alone. The Founders knew that this was not a realistic possibility, that there would always be those who would attempt to subvert the republic to their own ends and that basic human nature had to be constantly guarded against. We didn't do that. They took advantage of that fact. They showed up at town council meetings and we didn't; they showed up at the school board meetings and we didn't; they formed groups and coalitions and lobbied congress and we didn't, not really. That too was abdicated to organizations that supposedly represented our interests but in reality only represented their own."

That is the reason. Well said.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
ShaunRyan, I agree with most of what you posted except the "we" part of it. I think most of us did our part by voting and trying to exercise our rights as American citizens. Politicians stacked the deck against us with that two party system and campaign financing. Good candidates could not get on the ballot if tney didnt conform to party lines. You basically had to come up throught tne ranks by demonstrating you were are party loyalist. Only then would you be endorsed to run on the ballot. As a result the choice was between whatever two candidates the parties wanted to run. Most of us voted against the most undesirable candidate. Ross Perot demonstrated what would happen if a third party tried to run a candidate. He was the best choice of the three but we ended up with the worst of the three candidates. Personally, I voted for Reagan and Trump. In every other case I voted against the other candidate.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
As I have already said, God kept vengeance for Himself but expected us to administer justice in our communities. We have abdicated that role to men lesser than ourselves, and gotten the current situation as a reward for our apathy and self-centeredness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,123
Posts18,464,608
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.