Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Any of you folks watching this TV show?

Great racing program. Grew up in the south with dirt tracks and NASCAR, but it sucks azz any more.

The F1 show is great tv. Great racing footage and flat fugging badazz cars.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just finished season 3. It's all been great, but season 3, episode 9 was an hour spent on the edge of my seat. It was so dramatic I was worn out by the end. Wow!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing comes close to F1. Nothing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
MotoGP is some awesome racing.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not watching it but grew up the same, I did catch clips of last weeks nascar race, they put dirt on Bristol. A nice step forward instead of several steps back like they usually do.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love F1, but MotoGP and the Superbikes are pretty darned amazing to watch too. Watched Bike racing in Quatar the other night and they had graphics on the screen showing speed, lap times, time behind the leader and even how far the bikes were leaning in the corners. One corner they were leaning over 62 degrees going 120 mph.... cast iron balls on those riders....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NHRA Pro Nitro for me!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Not sure what the interest is. Single file racing. Team orders suck.
Give me a non-wing sprint car on a 1/4 mile dirt track any day. Three grooves of racing all the time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
racing stock cars on a road track would interest me. Special cars really don't

Sam......

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have found it entertaining. You might also check out the Reggie Fountain documentary, not sure which platform it was on. Fountain was/is a boat racer turned builder.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Sheister
I love F1, but MotoGP and the Superbikes are pretty darned amazing to watch too. Watched Bike racing in Quatar the other night and they had graphics on the screen showing speed, lap times, time behind the leader and even how far the bikes were leaning in the corners. One corner they were leaning over 62 degrees going 120 mph.... cast iron balls on those riders....

There isn’t another form of motor racing where the lead can change 4,5,6 times in one lap.
In most other forms of racing a pass needs to be set up for multiple laps and only happens on one turn or straightaway.

My initial introduction to motorcycle road racing was a student teacher in high school was an amateur 250cc road racer.
I got to see Kenny Roberts do things that seemed impossible.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Where do I find this show. I love formula 1. Bahrain turned out to be a great gp this year.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hulu? I think.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Awesome show. Last episode pissed me off with Hamilton bringing up BLM though......then again, it IS Netflix.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
F1 racing is so awesome to me. First, 5 tire types that must be used during the race. Second, racing in the rain or wet conditions Nascar is scared to even try the tire requirement. and they cannot and will not even try racing in the wet. Stock cars are pigs to drive in regards to handling. Their road races are slow since the cars are terrible to drive and handle. Right turns to them are foreign concept. Nascar is over regulated and boring to watch. Thank god for F1 racing. An F1 race car can go zero to 100mph and back to zero in ten seconds!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

"Every" race car I've seen were special.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cs2blue
and they cannot and will not even try racing in the wet.

Timely comment, I believe nascar is testing rain tires today at Martinsville.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F1 pits look like NASA control center.

Box, box, come to the box.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

+1

20 or so 1997 Thunderbirds ripping around the city would be pretty intense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Lewis Hamilton is set to join Michael Jordan’s NASCAR team and Bubba Wallace, as the seven-times Formula 1 World Champion takes on arguably the biggest challenge of his racing career with an announcement expected today.
In what will be one of motorsport’s most sensational ‘defections’ Hamilton will join what will become known as Team Michael Jordan in 2022, with the next Daytona 500 week debut for the team who will run black liveried cars with Monster energy drink as a title sponsor.

NBA legend Jordan is said to have personally contacted Hamilton and convinced the Mercedes driver that he has nothing more to prove in Formula 1 and that his next calling is to join Wallace in tackling NASCAR.

Jordan is also said to be underwriting Hamilton’s $25-million salary from 2022 until the end of 2024, reportedly the length of the first phase of the deal, which means that the basketball legend will ramp up his personal involvement in the project.

For Hamilton, this provides an incentive beyond Formula 1, a project which he can embrace at the end of his final season with Mercedes. The German team have provided the Briton with immense cars and he delivered six titles for them (maybe seven come to the end of 2021) to add to the one he claimed for McLaren in 2008.

According to a source close to the project, Hamilton did not hesitate to sign on the dotted line once Jordan had outlined his ambitions in NASCAR, which include junior teams for disadvantaged drivers, and those of colour, to contest the various feeder series’ that make up the various rosters.

Wallace is expected to welcome Hamilton to the fold, with an intense testing programme on the cards to bring the F1 superstar up to speed, as Jordan insists that it be a team effort to take the outfit forward. For Bubba, it is a partner-in-arms he can do with.

As for a timeline, speculation is that after this evening’s announcement (expected 6pm ET) on NBC by Jordan and Wallace with Hamilton on video conference where they will outline their goals and plans.

Apart from Monster Energy as the title sponsor, it is believed that Hamilton has had talks with Toto Wolff and Mercedes AMG, convincing them to be part of the programme, with technical and financial support before a fully-fledged NASCAR programme for the German manufacturer starting 2023, a year after Hamilton’s first full season Stateside.

For Hamilton, this is a huge change of direction from a sport he has dominated for almost a decade to one where he will start off as a rookie and will have a ton to learn. He will also be running in packs with very equal machinery, something he has not been accustomed to since Mercedes started dominating the sport so ruthlessly.

Nevertheless, Jordan has convinced Hamilton that his business in F1 is done, all records achieved and that the next chapter of his legacy is NASCAR and racing in the USA for at least the next three years, which will suit the Briton who has always been comfortable in a country he regularly visits and where he rubs shoulders with A-listers.

Apart from the abovementioned $25-million per annum deal, Hamilton will be entitled to all the winnings he earns which would add to the reatiner. Word is that Hamilton will donate his race winnings to the worth causes.

But it is clear from the outset that money was not the sweetener used by Jordan to convince Hamilton to take up the challenge, but rather he sold him the NASCAR project as a cause célèbre worth fighting alongside Wallace.

What tipped Hamilton, was Jordan who cited the historic case of NBA player Charles “Chuck” Cooper, Nat “Sweetwater” Clifton and Earl Lloyd, became the first African-American players in the NBA in 1950. They were pioneers who triggered a revolution in sport.

Since then players of colour dominate the hoops, as they do in baseball and American football. Tiger Woods changed the golfing landscape forever, while Hamilton himself became the first black driver to race and win in F1.

Jordan’s dream is to do the same with NASCAR in the long-term. The last frontier it is being called.

This year the team is in a partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing which will morph into Team Michael Jordan starting in 2022 with Hamilton and Wallace in the driving seats; the F1 World Champion set to run #44 on his car.

Jordan has said of his NASCAR ambitions when he signed up to back Wallace: “We don’t sign cheques for losers. I feel like he’s going to learn how to win. He’s got the talent. We would not have invested in him and picked him if he didn’t have the talent to win.

By the end of the year, I think he’s going to have an opportunity, and he probably will win at least a couple of races. If it’s more, I’d be elated,” added Jordan, who will be inking some hefty cheques with Hamilton’s name on it, but one gets the feeling that money is the least of their worries as there will be a queue of backers for this Dream Team.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/04/01/hamilton-to-join-michael-jordans-nascar-team-in-2022/

Last edited by gahuntertom; 04/01/21.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 75 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.