Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Doesn't the Governor of a state appoint the new Senator if something happens to an elected Senator? Right now one person could really change the direction of the US of A. I'm not so sure I'd like to be a dumocrat Senator in a state with a Republican Governor.

Life is good live it while you can.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or a republican senator with a democrat governor.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SandBilly

That's our problem in Louisiana

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
What could possibly happen ?🤷🏻‍♂️

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Riverc

We have enough in the state legislature to override any veto.

The special election last week elected Letlow’s widow to the HR congressional post that he formally held after passing from supposed Covid complications.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

The special election last week elected Letlow’s widow to the HR congressional post that he formally held after passing from supposed Covid complications.

Yea,you right but Edwards is a pita for our republican senators.Remember the problem he gave them with his power trip a few months back.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Yea,you right but Edwards is a pita for our republican senators.Remember the problem he gave them with his power trip a few months back.

Yessir I do remember.

That majority has been the only thing to keep him in check and from being another Cuomo type which he is.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Doesn't the Governor of a state appoint the new Senator if something happens to an elected Senator? Right now one person could really change the direction of the US of A. I'm not so sure I'd like to be a dumocrat Senator in a state with a Republican Governor.
Depends on the state. Some require a special election. In some states the governor can just appoint a replacement. In others he can appoint a temporary senator until a special election can be held.
In a few states, the appointed senator must be of the same party as the one he's replacing so in those states, this thread is a moot issue.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Exactly. State laws apply as to the selection of a Senator outside the normal cycles

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The offyear elections are important.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Depends on the state. Some require a special election. In some states the governor can just appoint a replacement. In others he can appoint a temporary senator until a special election can be held.
In a few states, the appointed senator must be of the same party as the one he's replacing so in those states, this thread is a moot issue.

I assumed other states had different rules than Georgia when it came to appointing - replacing a Senator. I assume in Georgia if something happened to either Ossoff or Warnock and Gov Kemp appointed a Republican to the Senate, control of the Senate would automatically switch back to the Republicans?

Life is good live it while you can.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
What a waste

Fück Joe byron
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It really is not as important to have control of the senate unless someone like Trump is president. We gave the GOP the senate and house when they begged for it and they just threw it away by doing nothing to counter obama. They're gutless cowards and to expect anything from them is a waste of time. The saving of the nation will likely come by force through we the people, if it happens at all.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I assumed other states had different rules than Georgia when it came to appointing - replacing a Senator. I assume in Georgia if something happened to either Ossoff or Warnock and Gov Kemp appointed a Republican to the Senate, control of the Senate would automatically switch back to the Republicans?
I looked it up. In GA, the governor appoints a temporary senator. He holds office until the next general election when a special election is also held for a permanent replacement. What I didn't find is whether the gov must appoint someone from the same party.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All the democrats cheated in the last election. They should be recalled and removed for fraud.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

640 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,049 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,871
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.