Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
HIPPA does not have anything to do with this example. Why not just a polite " I'd prefer not to say", and just go on with the exam. The Doc could ask again if it were important. It seems like everybody's walking around with a chip on their shoulder.

GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by WMR
HIPPA does not have anything to do with this example. Why not just a polite " I'd prefer not to say", and just go on with the exam. The Doc could ask again if it were important. It seems like everybody's walking around with a chip on their shoulder.

if in person I usually just say, "i'll defer on that". if i'm filling out a survey on an ipad, the nurse comes around to confront me

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
she was just doing her job and you gave her crap

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Righteous indignation. Good for you.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
(((insurance)))

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Strange

They always ask me if anyone’s been beating me or have I been considering acting on thoughts of self-harm.

Haha

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Like anything anymore, you have to give the answer they want to hear, not the truth. Compliance comrade.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Strange

They always ask me if anyone’s been beating me or have I been considering acting on thoughts of self-harm.

Haha

Well....Renegade could stop putting out his PallMalls on your neck.

That might help.

I am MAGA.
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
Bahahahaha some people dont like being told the truth.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Did giving a rude and insulting answer accomplish anything ? Your reason for not politely declining to answer was ?

Last edited by gunswizard; 04/01/21.
IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by killerv

Originally Posted by chesterwy

nope, neither of these. i am very polite and cordial about it. sometimes the response is accepting, sometimes they are not pleased, and even if the latter, i remain very polite, but hold my ground.

I believe that yes, even at the doctor, one has the right not to divulge something, e.g. revealing to the nurse you do or do not own firearms, or discussing things that have nothing to do with the office visit.

I will say one time i was short with a lady at the dentist's office asking me all kinds of health questions, and i said, "i'm just here to have my teeth cleaned".

(and i might be jerk...LOL)

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Telling somebody it’s none of their business is a no nonsense answer to a nonessential question. Move on.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by sse
nurses are funny. some of them seem to like having the authority/control of asking probing questions. was at the plumbing doctor once and i skipped over all the questions about 'performance' and 'activity', told her if there is somethng wrong i'll let her know. the nurse copped an attitude and confronted me about it, she wasn't happy

Most nurses I've encountered are basically wannabe doctors (my own sister was an RN) who never tire of lecturing how much education they have and how extraordinarily difficult their job is...mere mortals simply cannot comprehend it (another example of this phenomenon is school teachers). I promptly concur by agreeing that it takes tremendous brain power and skill to empty a bedpan. That usually shuts 'em up.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by killerv

Originally Posted by chesterwy

nope, neither of these. i am very polite and cordial about it. sometimes the response is accepting, sometimes they are not pleased, and even if the latter, i remain very polite, but hold my ground.

I believe that yes, even at the doctor, one has the right not to divulge something, e.g. revealing to the nurse you do or do not own firearms, or discussing things that have nothing to do with the office visit.

I will say one time i was short with a lady at the dentist's office asking me all kinds of health questions, and i said, "i'm just here to have my teeth cleaned".

(and i might be jerk...LOL)

Ah, the art of polite disagreement. Doesn't sound jerky at all. Must be a holdover from pre-internet days.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by sse
nurses are funny. some of them seem to like having the authority/control of asking probing questions. was at the plumbing doctor once and i skipped over all the questions about 'performance' and 'activity', told her if there is somethng wrong i'll let her know. the nurse copped an attitude and confronted me about it, she wasn't happy

Most nurses I've encountered are basically wannabe doctors (my own sister was an RN) who never tire of lecturing how much education they have and how extraordinarily difficult their job is...mere mortals simply cannot comprehend it (another example of this phenomenon is school teachers). I promptly concur by agreeing that it takes tremendous brain power and skill to empty a bedpan. That usually shuts 'em up.

ouch

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Asking about C19 shot at a doctor, any doctor, makes sense. It's a medically related item, they may be on the lookout for something.

Asking about guns, that's just stupid.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Did she ask about your guns?

Q: “Do you have guns in your home?”

A: “No. I keep them with me at all times.”

I love the "DO you feel safe at home" question personally.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Most of the nurses I know, many hundreds, are good hearted people with a sincere desire to make people's lives better. A few bad apples in any group, but I haven't seen many.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You really need to read Flaves latest thread to see what happens when you act this way wink !?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by sse

Shoulda said bend over and find out

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,115 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,728
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.