Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I just read Doug Ford is shutting Ontario down.
So how does that work?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This one seems to not be quite as restrictive, as December 2020.

I have my doubts that the kids will go back to school, after Spring break, which has already been postponed, form March to April 12th.

Betting all school will be on-line after the break.

Going to kill more, small, non essential businesses !

Restaurant dining closed again.

Salons, gyms n stuff like that, all closed.

Most retail businesses limited to 1/2 normal capacities.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What do you think, Paul, and anyone else?

Ontario shooting itself in the foot?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We spent 2 weeks every summer in Ontario as a family. It was great , the fishing, the people and the country was more than anyone could ask.
Then the B.S. started, gun laws, beer laws, the stupid taxes and the two fish limits put the end to our families travels.

After the spring bear season was ended, so was any interest from anyone I know from going to Canada, I can't see me ever going there again, Ontario can RIP as far sportsmen are concerned !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I don't think so. If Ontario was the only place that was facing a third wave, then I would consider it, but it is happening almost everywhere.

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..Approximatelt 35% of Canada's entire population is located in a small area there.

My personal belief is that the anti-COVID/anti mask/anti-vaccination crowd is keeping this alive. It only takes a few people to spread it around. After a year, I have not seen a definitive explanation as to how it continues, but one thing is clear: more people that are packed into a small space means that COVID will rage on.

Sadly, some factions are blaming Premier Ford. Some say he's not doing enough. That's COVID fatigue talking IMO. He has repeatedly said he is following what the medical people are telling him.

So it goes with the rest of the world. COVID continues in the US, Europe and Asia.

If you want a conspiracy theory, here's one: COVID was the Illuminati's plan to reduce the numbers of people, weaken smaller competitors and make more money for the big guys. The anti-vaccers are making the Illuminati crowd rich! laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
So Steve, ya think my wife, and I would increase the population of the Kenora district enough to make a difference? laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That's funny, N Idaho has been completely open since last June, hardly anyone wears a mask now and our rates are lower than 50 per cent of the US. Last summer thousands of people flocked here from other states to experience normally. Have seen quite few Alberta, BC plates here the past few months shopping in our stores and in our bars and restaurants.

I see ground zero China has been completely open for months too

Good thing Canadian politicians are leading by example. lol what a schit show. Yep its the common working people's fault

OTTAWA -- Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister acknowledged he made an error after he and Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer were photographed at the Toronto Pearson airport Tuesday and neither was wearing a mask -- a clear violation of the airport's COVID-19 safety rules.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hajdu-maskless-airport-1.5777034

https://globalnews.ca/news/7551438/canadian-politicians-vacation-coronavirus/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/08/canada-coronavirus-travel-holiday-travel-scandals

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rcmp-mask-beard-policy-1.5739053

And the Brits too
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53346923

Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

I don't think so. If Ontario was the only place that was facing a third wave, then I would consider it, but it is happening almost everywhere.

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..

My personal belief is that the anti-COVID/anti mask/anti-vaccination crowd is keeping this alive. It only takes a few people to spread it around. After a year, I have not seen a definitive explanation as to how it continues, but one thing is clear: more people that are packed into a small space means that COVID will rage on.

Sadly, some factions are blaming Premier Ford. Some say he's not doing enough. That's COVID fatigue talking IMO. He has repeatedly said he is following what the medical people are telling him.

So it goes with the rest of the world. COVID continues in the US, Europe and Asia.

If you want a conspiracy theory, here's one: COVID was the Illuminati's plan to reduce the numbers of people, weaken smaller competitors and make more money for the big guys. The anti-vaccers are making the Illuminati crowd rich! laugh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So Steve, ya think my wife, and I would increase the population of the Kenora district enough to make a difference? laugh

laugh Probably not.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Somebody does! laugh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just read that 153 million US citizens have got at least one shot so far, compared to Canada. That's about 47% of the population. The CDN govt is reporting 11.86% of our population have received at least one dose. In real numbers, that's about 4.5 million.

So, 47% in the US compared to 12% in Canada. Trudeau gets a failing grade.

Canadians vaccinated and other stats - https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/

Americans vaccinated and other stats - https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Edited to add: For the math junkies.

30% of Americans have received ONLY one dose. (99.0 million)
10% of Canadians have received ONLY one dose. (3.7 million)

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There are a lot of people to whom getting drunk and having a party is more important than anything else and it is this group which is keeping the pandemic going in Canada. They are, quite simply, stupid. My aversion to the vacs is based as much on the fact that I won't crowd in with a bunch of stranger on the assurance that the shot I receive might protect me. If I stay away from people who are likely to be infected, I'm golden. The people with whom I do interact are also people who are not likely to attend a party full of strangers. When the big rush is over and I can get the shots at my leisure and at the specified timing put out by the manufacturers, I might go ahead. By that time, we might even know if this is going to be an ongoing thing or what. I maintain, if we are given factual information, I can make a decision which is right for me. As itis, the truth is awfully hard to come by. GD

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I just looked the Blue Jays are play home games in Florida through May.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Canadians party Much more so than Americans. .We are good at it ,too.

In BC we have just had our worst day of the pandemic, Tuesday.. We have a fairly good case tracking, so they know where it's coming from. We have shut down, indoor dining, bars, gyms and hair salons. Those last three don't bother at all. chuckle. I do miss taking the wife out for dinner, drive thru is just not cutting it.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 04/01/21.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You mean Canada has conspiracy theories too?!

Dang, and here I thought that was uniquely American......... whistle

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

You mean Canada has conspiracy theories too?!

Dang, and here I thought that was uniquely American......... whistle

Yes, there are a few up here who think there is some giant conspiracy. COVID was brewed up by the Illuminati. Trump won the election. Aliens ate their lunch. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well, as to the election, call me Mr Tinfoil if you please.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..Approximatelt 35% of Canada's entire population is located in a small area there.

C’mon, Steve. I don’t think you can lay this on the anti-mask folks. There are a scant few of them and I live near the epicentre of it here in Southern Ontario. In fact, in the past year I’ve seen exactly one guy not wearing a mask in a store (last week) and he was older, so he may have had a medical excuse, though he also had that “don’t give a crap” look. Who knows?

There is a third wave in most places (and a fourth in some), some with more extreme rules than we have. And the record of places who’ve let people live their lives (Texas, Florida, etc) is certainly no worse and, by some accounts, better.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I didn't just mention the anti-mask people. I also mentioned the anti-vaccers and anti-COVID folks. I also mentioned that many people are living in a small area.

You have to consider all these things when determining why the virus continues on.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ribka
That's funny, N Idaho has been completely open since last June, hardly anyone wears a mask now and our rates are lower than 50 per cent of the US. Last summer thousands of people flocked here from other states to experience normally. Have seen quite few Alberta, BC plates here the past few months shopping in our stores and in our bars and restaurants.

I see ground zero China has been completely open for months too

Good thing Canadian politicians are leading by example. lol what a schit show. Yep its the common working people's fault

OTTAWA -- Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister acknowledged he made an error after he and Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer were photographed at the Toronto Pearson airport Tuesday and neither was wearing a mask -- a clear violation of the airport's COVID-19 safety rules.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hajdu-maskless-airport-1.5777034

https://globalnews.ca/news/7551438/canadian-politicians-vacation-coronavirus/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/08/canada-coronavirus-travel-holiday-travel-scandals

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rcmp-mask-beard-policy-1.5739053

And the Brits too
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53346923

I don't need to be a doctor to realize that the likelihood of more infections increases rapidly in big cities. At present, the three most populated areas of the province are the hardest hit. Toronto, York, and Peel regions. They are all clustered together in southern Onterrible..

Spot on...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I didn't just mention the anti-mask people. I also mentioned the anti-vaccers and anti-COVID folks. I also mentioned that many people are living in a small area.

You have to consider all these things when determining why the virus continues on.

Not sure how you can blame anti-vaxxers when the damned vaccine is not even available to anyone under 60 and, for those over 60, the clinic locations are all within those hot zones you pointed out. BTW, I know a nurse who’s husband is a respiratory therapist at 3 hospitals. Neither will get the vaccine, though my Paramedic buddy swears by it. I have my own reservations about it, but I will get it, later rather than sooner, simply because it’ll be necessary for my job and travel (business and personal).

AFA the anti-Covid folks, again, a minuscule number. And to suggest that they are causing a spike while buying the “peaceful protests” are “super-spreader” events (said no one ever) is ridiculous.

You missed 3 out of 3. Are you sure you understand this sport?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

611 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,277
Posts18,448,462
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.